the DEFINITIVE Tech re-make thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Another for the "Non-Tech Strange" pile

Tech N9ne - Fuck 'Em Girl (Kutt Calhoun)
Now this is a story, all about how
these chicks get tricked and don't know how
So I'd like to take a second and explain to them
How all this craziness evolves out of relationships​

Will Smith - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Now, this is the story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air​

Nov 27, 2007
Krizz Kaliko - Elevator (Tech N9ne)

Sexy Girl, real thick girl, I'm trying to take her to the 13th floor
She say it dont't exist. I say it's total bliss, She told what the hell you take me for.

Q-Tip - Vivrant Thing

Special girl, real good girl, Biggest thing in my itty bitty world
Called her up and she made me feel right
Wish for bliss could never take flight

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Another I'm surprised not to have seen on a scan (though I could have missed it):

Tech N9ne - Kansas City King
I started y'all gangsta shit
and this the motherfuckin' thanks I get?​

Dr. Dre - The Watcher
Nigga we started this gangsta shit
And this the motherfuckin' thanks I get?​
or

Ice Cube - Hello
I started this gangsta shit
And this the motherfuckin' thanks I get?​

Nov 27, 2007
I don't know if this has been posted...

Tech N9ne - Dysfuntcional

La-di-da-di I'm at the party, On a drunk night with a punk might he tryin to pick a fight cuz he sorry.

Slick Rick & Doug E. Fresh - La Di Da Di

La-di-da-di we like to party, we don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Save Yourself looks to be missing, which is a take off of the Christmas carol "God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen" (which is also known as "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen," though I believe the former is the correct title)

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
A pretty loose case since it's so small and not very unique, but on Jay-Z's "On To The Next One" he raps "niggas want my old shit, buy my old album" which as we know, Tech uses similar on the Harvey Dent chorus.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Here's one for your non-Tech pile maybe, maybe not. Anyway, Kutt Calhoun starts his verse on Swich's "Wanderer's Way" with "When I'm alone in my room, sometimes I stare at the walls" which Krizz starts his first verse of Anxiety with (minus the plural of wall).

PS -- Anxiety... Krizz can be dope as fuck sometimes. Would have loved to hear a Tech verse on that one though, the tease was bullshit.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Here's one for your non-Tech pile maybe, maybe not. Anyway, Kutt Calhoun starts his verse on Swich's "Wanderer's Way" with "When I'm alone in my room, sometimes I stare at the walls" which Krizz starts his first verse of Anxiety with (minus the plural of wall).

PS -- Anxiety... Krizz can be dope as fuck sometimes. Would have loved to hear a Tech verse on that one though, the tease was bullshit.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Here's a possible pop culture reference for you. In questions, he raps something to the effect of "Is it the N9ne, with the brand new joint? Like to hear it? Here it go." On In Living Color, one of the characters used to say "I wrote a song about it. Like to hear it? Here it go!" En Vogue also used this for their Free Your Mind single. I'm thinking Tech used it again on another song, from Anghellic I believe, but I can't place it.

Nov 27, 2007

....and on the 1st verse off this

Nov 27, 2007
Kutt Calhoun - Get Kutt - "Kutt is chillin, this ho willin', what more can I say I'm straight chillin".

Audio Two - Top Billin - "Milk is chillin, Gizmo's chillin, what more can I say Top Villain.