THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
i didnt see another "official" thread to talk news and trash talk in..so i made one.
heres for any college football fans to chat it up..except longhorn fans..
___

1. Georgia (22) 0-0 1,438
2. USC (14) 0-0 1,430
3. Ohio State (14) 0-0 1,392
4. Oklahoma (3) 0-0 1,329
5. Florida (5) 0-0 1,293
6. LSU (3) 0-0 1,163
7. Missouri 0-0 1,143
8. West Virginia 0-0 1,008
9. Clemson 0-0 999
10. Texas 0-0 979
11. Auburn 0-0 888
12. Wisconsin 0-0 747
13. Kansas 0-0 714
14. Texas Tech 0-0 644
15. Virginia Tech 0-0 568
16. Arizona State 0-0 560
17. Brigham Young 0-0 547
18. Tennessee 0-0 506
19. Illinois 0-0 422
20. Oregon 0-0 399
21. South Florida 0-0 350
22. Penn State 0-0 313
23. Wake Forest 0-0 203
24. Michigan 0-0 112
25. Fresno State 0-0 91
Others Receiving Votes
Alabama 83, South Carolina 64, Utah 60, Rutgers 53, Florida State 53, Boston College 47, California 41, Pittsburgh 34, Boise State 25, Oregon State 23, Nebraska 17, Cincinnati 13, Virginia 12, Connecticut 9, Michigan State 9, Mississippi State 6, Kentucky 5, Notre Dame 5, TCU 5, Maryland 4, Texas A&M 3, UCLA 3, North Carolina 3, Louisville 2, Georgia Tech 2, UCF 2, Tulsa 1, Oklahoma State 1, Arizona 1, Colorado 1.

May 9, 2002
Unfortunetly, not too many people in here like CFB, as NFL rules this forum. Every week, i make a games of the week thread...only a handful of people ever have any input.

Georgia should nto be pre-ranked in the top 5 simply becuase they are still wet behind the ears and have one of the tougher schedules in the SEC. Even if they lose 2 games to SEC rivals, they could still end up in the top 5 at the end of the season.

Mar 16, 2005
Unfortunetly, not too many people in here like CFB, as NFL rules this forum. Every week, i make a games of the week thread...only a handful of people ever have any input.

Georgia should nto be pre-ranked in the top 5 simply becuase they are still wet behind the ears and have one of the tougher schedules in the SEC. Even if they lose 2 games to SEC rivals, they could still end up in the top 5 at the end of the season.
I usually show up in your threads! lol

How in the hell does Colorado have 1 vote for top 25??

Mar 16, 2005
Believe it or not, Colorado is a team on the rise. back-to-back solid recruiting classes and close games last year with many Big 12 rivals has risen their stock. Now, can they actually go out there and prove it?

NO

haha

They have a very very very tough schedule this year. in fact if anyone is on thier way to Vegas take the under for CU's in total. Last I heard I think it was right about 7. Now look at this schedule and tell me where they win 7 or more games?

Date Opponent Location Time (MST) Results Media
Qwest Rocky Mountain Showdown

Sun, Aug 31 COLORADO STATE at Denver 5:30 p.m.
FSN

Sat, Sep 06 EASTERN WASHINGTON BOULDER 1:30 p.m.

Thu, Sep 18 WEST VIRGINIA BOULDER 6:30 p.m.
ESPN

Sat, Sep 27 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla. TBA

HOMECOMING

Sat, Oct 04 *TEXAS BOULDER TBA

Sat, Oct 11 *Kansas at Lawrence, Kan. TBA

FAMILY WEEKEND

Sat, Oct 18 *KANSAS STATE BOULDER TBA

Sat, Oct 25 *Missouri at Columbia, Mo. TBA

Sat, Nov 01 *Texas A&M at College Station, Texas TBA

Sat, Nov 08 *IOWA STATE BOULDER TBA

Sat, Nov 15 *OKLAHOMA STATE BOULDER TBA

Fri, Nov 28 *Nebraska at Lincoln, Neb. 1:30 p.m.
ABC

* Conference Games

They could easily finish with only 2-4 wins......take the under 7 and run with the money.

they should be CSU
they should beat Eastern Washington
I think they lose to West Virgina
I think they lose to FSU
I think they lose to Texas
I think they lose to Kansas
They "could" beat KSU
I think they lose to Missouri
They "could" beat Texas a&m
They "could" beat ISU
They "could" beat Oklahoma State
I think they lose to Nebraska

So you have 2 should win games
they have 4 could win games
they have 6 will lose games

Now I know things can change but I see 6 games winable..of course they will probably lose a couple could win games and may win a couple should lose games still evens out to 6.

they are NOT top 25 team this year

May 9, 2002
NO

haha

They have a very very very tough schedule this year. in fact if anyone is on thier way to Vegas take the under for CU's in total. Last I heard I think it was right about 7. Now look at this schedule and tell me where they win 7 or more games?
I never use Vegas to measure my predictions...bad way to set your standards.

They could easily finish with only 2-4 wins......take the under 7 and run with the money.
THey should have won 0 games last year, and look what they did and ALMOST did.

they should be CSU
No, CSU is the laughing stock of the MWC, the Buffs will slaughter them.

they should beat Eastern Washington
Unfrotuently for EW, they are not App St. Buffs win by 4 TD's.

I think they lose to West Virgina
They will lose to WVU, no question.

I think they lose to FSU
FSU has had no identity the last 4 years, and have had back-to-back 706 years. Colorado could take this.

I think they lose to Texas
The over bloated Longhorns could get a run for their money against this Buff team.

I think they lose to Kansas
Agrred.

They "could" beat KSU
This will be a close game. It could very well go either way.

I think they lose to Missouri
Mizzou will end up in the top 10 this year, no question Colorado loses this one.

They "could" beat Texas a&m
Same as KSU, this will be a tough fought game....could go either way.

They "could" beat ISU
COuld? ISU is no better than CSU...Colorado kicks their face in.

They "could" beat Oklahoma State
OKST is a bubble team themselves, but I feel that Colorado will take this.

I think they lose to Nebraska
Nebraska aint doin shit AGAIN this year..Colorado wins. However, it wont be another shootout like last year.

they are NOT top 25 team this year
In your opinion, obviously. However, they are a better team this year, and those loses they had last year will be closer games and possible wins.

Athlon had them ranked at 31 in their CFB preview issue. Hawkins had interception problems last year, but threw for over 3,000 yds as a RS Frosh. They have one of the more exciting freshman backs in the nation in Scott. They have a slew of WR, Smith and McKnight lead the pack. Their defensive strength is in their secondary and up front, but LB might be a concern.

The Big 12 will be very top heavy again this year, but Texas will again CHOKE like they always do, Tech will have to live up to their preseason hype, Oklahoma has to top last year, A&M has try and pick up their pride and Mizzou and Kansas are still one-year wonders to most, including me. This is a great year for Colorado to show and prove and to be battled tested.

Apr 10, 2006
Well I think USC will win it all if M. Sanchez can handle the job. I'm also interested to see how Illinois will play this year with no R. Mendenhall.

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
BIG 12 = TREACHEROUS this year... colorado cant cope..

gotta keep an eye on texas tech.. fuck the longhorns. we will own them again.
kansas got somthin to prove.. nebraska think they do.

cant wait for the season to start. OU will be number one before the leaves turn gold.

Oct 3, 2006
Fresno St selling more tickets than Cal AT Candlestick Park

Thought this was pretty funny..now granted I know it does not reflect what the actual attendance may be, since alot of people will purchase their tickets through other means rather than each schools ticket office, but still haha...Go Dogs! Can't wait for this game...Anybody else gonna go or watch it?

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18753509

Cal's neutral-site season opener against Fresno State at Candlestick Park is beginning to look like a Bulldogs home game.

According to the latest figures, Fresno State's ticket office has sold 12,000 tickets whereas Cal has sold only 7,500. It's harder to keep tabs on tickets sold through other outlets such as StubHub, but Bulldogs fans seem to be scooping up tickets at a much brisker rate than Cal enthusiasts.

"In general, I think everyone is having a little more of a challenge selling tickets than we had hoped," Cal associate athletic director Matt Terwilliger said. "We are really hoping that volume picks up. We typically see a surge toward the end."

Cal and Fresno State teamed up with two independent promoters to put on the game. Each school gets a revenue guarantee based on a predetermined allotment of tickets sold. The promoter keeps all the other operating revenue for the event.

To receive its guarantee of $1,050,000, Cal must sell tickets totaling a revenue of $637,500. Terwilliger said the school is still $175,000 short of meeting that goal.

Fresno State's agreement required it to sell 10,000 tickets, which it did easily. That earned the school $900,000 up front.

To meet the revenue requirements, only tickets sold through Cal's athletic ticket office count.

Cal's lagging sales prompted athletic director Sandy Barbour to send a mass email to supporters last week, imploring them not only to buy tickets but also
Advertisement
to make sure they buy them through Cal.

"I am challenging our Cal community to surpass Fresno State for fan support in attendance and tickets sold," Barbour wrote in the email. "I just can't imagine that our community would allow Fresno to come to the Bay Area and outnumber us at Candlestick Park on Sept. 3. I know we won't let that be the case."

Cal coach Jeff Tedford is a former Fresno State quarterback and offensive coordinator. He said Cal fans "have been a large part of our success" and hopes Bulldogs fans won't make up the majority of the crowd.

"When you have a game in your backyard, you would hope that your fans would at least match the support of the other team," Tedford said. "I hope as it gets closer to the game our fans come out and create an environment for us that is at least neutral."