The Broncos Are Fuckin Up!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Apparently, it’s Denver’s turn to get rollin’ with Nolan.

Adam Schefter of NFL.com reported that the Broncos will hire Mike Nolan to serve as the defensive coordinator under new coach Josh McDaniels.

For Nolan, it would mean a return to his coaching roots. His first job in the NFL was as the special teams/linebackers coach under Dan Reeves from 1987-92. The Broncos reached the Super Bowl twice during that span.

Nolan has served as defensive coordinator five times previously: for the New York Giants (1993-96), the Washington Redskins (1997-99), the New York Jets (2000) and the Baltimore Ravens (2002-04).
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/...x-49ers-coach-nolan-as-defensive-coordinator/

Solitary, I'm willing to say Nnamdi is officially the best CB in the league now. Nolan will fuck Champ up.

Jan 18, 2006
maybe, its a different team though with the history of having a good defense besides maybe this past season. He could do just fine

Apr 25, 2002
If he controls their D the way he did ours, they're fucked. He didn't do bad on the Ravens, but he had total control in SF and he fucked our defense up. As soon as Singletary took over our D looked respectable. Nolan may have changed his style when he came to SF and that's a bad thing, obviously.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Naw mane Nolan is a good D coord! Somer coordinators aint good head coaches, but in their specialty they are good!! I think its a good move, just dont make him HC ever again!! That goes for us as well!! Wade is a great DC but weak HC!! Oh well!! Got Em!!

Apr 25, 2002
Normally I would agree czar, but Nolan was pretty much our defensive coordinator. He dictated whether or not we blitzed, what type of coverages we ran, what packages to use, etc.. He was controlling the D. Once he left our defense got better.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Normally I would agree czar, but Nolan was pretty much our defensive coordinator. He dictated whether or not we blitzed, what type of coverages we ran, what packages to use, etc.. He was controlling the D. Once he left our defense got better.
U may have a point, but still with all the resposibilities he has as a HC its still tough to concentrate on strictly D!! I mean just running the D or O and thats all u have to worry about u can put your full stamp down on it!! I mean like Turner, great OC, not a good HC for example!! But u have a point cause Wade took over control of our D in like week 9 or so and we started blitzin more and we had like 20 sacks in like 4 games, but then we faltered in the end, but if Wade was strictly the DC I think we could be great on defense!! But well see what happens with him in denver, but he does need personnel because their defense is shitty!! haha!! Got Em!!

Apr 25, 2002
U may have a point, but still with all the resposibilities he has as a HC its still tough to concentrate on strictly D!! I mean just running the D or O and thats all u have to worry about u can put your full stamp down on it!! I mean like Turner, great OC, not a good HC for example!! But u have a point cause Wade took over control of our D in like week 9 or so and we started blitzin more and we had like 20 sacks in like 4 games, but then we faltered in the end, but if Wade was strictly the DC I think we could be great on defense!! But well see what happens with him in denver, but he does need personnel because their defense is shitty!! haha!! Got Em!!
That makes sense to me, but you gotta remember Mike Nolan had nothing to do with the offense this last season. Mike Martz had complete control and Nolan didn't exactly do a good job controlling the entire team. He seemed to only focus on defense anyway.

The problem is his defensive philosophies are (or have been) absolutely horrible. He didn't utilize the strengths of his men. He had Nate Clements playing 8-10 yards off his man when everyone knows his strength is in bump and run coverage. He's a physical DB, but Nolan has him playing way back in prevent-mode.

His use of personnel is also suspect to say the least. The year before last he started Tully Banta-Cain even though it became very clear to everyone that TBC was not able to do what was asked of him. Roderick Green has performed very well in the minimal amount of playing time he has received as a pass rusher, yet Nolan continually had him riding the pine. Our FS Mark Roman hasn't had an INT or forced fumble in over two years and clearly does not have the range to be a starting FS, yet he continued to start. Mike Singletary has already expressed interest in a FS for those very reasons. Nolan hates on young players, as is evidence of Mark Roman starting when Dashaun Goldson should have received an opportunity when it became clear Roman was not a playmaker. On the other hand, Nolan favors certain players as was clearly the case with Derek Smith's cyclopse looking ass starting over Brandon Moore last season.

The play calling was also terrible and Nolan dictated every play, and even changed the plays, on our "DC" Manusky. He never blitzes when he should and pressure on the QB never seemed to be a concern with Nolan. He's always playing "not to lose" as opposed to "playing to win."

It's just all bad with Nolan unless he changes his ways.

Mar 16, 2005
That makes sense to me, but you gotta remember Mike Nolan had nothing to do with the offense this last season. Mike Martz had complete control and Nolan didn't exactly do a good job controlling the entire team. He seemed to only focus on defense anyway.

The problem is his defensive philosophies are (or have been) absolutely horrible. He didn't utilize the strengths of his men. He had Nate Clements playing 8-10 yards off his man when everyone knows his strength is in bump and run coverage. He's a physical DB, but Nolan has him playing way back in prevent-mode.
His use of personnel is also suspect to say the least. The year before last he started Tully Banta-Cain even though it became very clear to everyone that TBC was not able to do what was asked of him. Roderick Green has performed very well in the minimal amount of playing time he has received as a pass rusher, yet Nolan continually had him riding the pine. Our FS Mark Roman hasn't had an INT or forced fumble in over two years and clearly does not have the range to be a starting FS, yet he continued to start. Mike Singletary has already expressed interest in a FS for those very reasons. Nolan hates on young players, as is evidence of Mark Roman starting when Dashaun Goldson should have received an opportunity when it became clear Roman was not a playmaker. On the other hand, Nolan favors certain players as was clearly the case with Derek Smith's cyclopse looking ass starting over Brandon Moore last season.

The play calling was also terrible and Nolan dictated every play, and even changed the plays, on our "DC" Manusky. He never blitzes when he should and pressure on the QB never seemed to be a concern with Nolan. He's always playing "not to lose" as opposed to "playing to win."

YEP! JUST LIKE ALL THE BRONCOS DC'S WE HAVE HAD PAST FEW YEARS, I HATE THIS SIGNING!!!!!!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003

Tru dat. But in B-More he did a good job. I think all those responsibilities was to much all in all and it didnt allow him to focus on d so the d took a hit because of it. But agin u may be right and maybe his run is over, but I would be willing to give him anotha chance only as a d coord though. But we really wont know whats up until denver gets some talent there as well!! Got Em!!