THE BOONDOCKS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2005
This is the greatest show ever, hands down :devious:

Unfortunately, if you're not black, a lot of the humor will go right over your head. You may think you know why you're laughing, but there's always an extra layer to the joke just for black folks.

I know somebody just like every character on that show. To me this is the greatest thing to hit television in a LOOOOOOONG time.

"This nigga went back and got a rain coat!?"

Apr 19, 2005
PGBD said:
Let's see? Reverse racism, playing off the stereotypical angry black man and the shit isn't funny. Destined for failure. It's doing more damage to how blacks are perceived and the black self image than it is helping. Thumbs down.
Like COCALEAFS said man, give the show an honest chance.

Some people don't like lookin in the mirror, ya feel?

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
The Last Word said:
Unfortunately, if you're not black, a lot of the humor will go right over your head.
You have to be black to like the show? That'll make it even more difficult to do well.

The Last Word said:
Some people don't like lookin in the mirror, ya feel?
I don't feel, explain that a lil better.

Apr 19, 2005
PGBD said:
You have to be black to like the show? That'll make it even more difficult to do well.
Don't misquote me man...

PGBD said:
I don't feel, explain that a lil better.
Don't compare the show to the comic strip (for obvious reasons that I shouldn't have to explain). The show is (partly) a reflection of todays black culture. So much of what is in the show is authentic and some folks have a hard time dealing with it.

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
The Last Word said:
Don't compare the show to the comic strip (for obvious reasons that I shouldn't have to explain).
Ok, I'll give you that. I was basing everything off the comic strip and I've gotta check out the show to get a better idea.

The Last Word said:
The show is (partly) a reflection of todays black culture. So much of what is in the show is authentic and some folks have a hard time dealing with it.
I don't think I really contested that, but if it's reinforcing negative stereotypes than I'll stick by my original statement.

Apr 19, 2005
PGBD said:
I don't think I really contested that, but if it's reinforcing negative stereotypes than I'll stick by my original statement.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that the show blatantly reinforces negative stereotypes. Again, it's more of a reflection. It doesn't just target "the dumb shit niggas do" for 22 minutes. It shows a lot of shit that "black people" and "niggas" go through. Don't know the difference between "black people" and "niggas"? See Chris Rock "Bring The Pain" (I think it was Bring The Pain).

It's funny because it's not contrived. Same thing that makes you laugh, can also make you cry.

But like I said before, some people don't like looking in the mirror.

I don't think you'll like it for the fact that you've already condemned it based on how you think it's been translated from comic strip to cartoon. Also, if you're not black, you're not going to get some of the humor. Give it a try anyway

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Shit white people gotta love this cartoon, it already lured um in with having the two craziest and hardest people in the cartoon being two white guys, voices portrayed by charlie murphy and sam (a fuckin shark ate me!) jackson. Trust me I gaurantee the majority of cartoon network viewers are White teenagers from the age group of 15-19.

Come on now PGBD, ive been postin the times and days the show gon be on for over a week now, step your Cartoon game up mane!

LOL

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
The Last Word said:
It doesn't just target "the dumb shit niggas do" for 22 minutes. It shows a lot of shit that "black people" and "niggas" go through. Don't know the difference between "black people" and "niggas"? See Chris Rock "Bring The Pain" (I think it was Bring The Pain).

But like I said before, some people don't like looking in the mirror.

Also, if you're not black, you're not going to get some of the humor.
Where the fuck did all that shit come from. Did I ever write anything remotely close to this? Umm, I think you completely misunderstood my original post. Reread and then try to figure it out.

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
COCALEAFS said:
Come on now PGBD, ive been postin the times and days the show gon be on for over a week now, step your Cartoon game up mane!

LOL
HAHAH, yeah I haven't gotten around to it. Will do though folks.

Apr 19, 2005
PGBD said:
Where the fuck did all that shit come from. Did I ever write anything remotely close to this? Umm, I think you completely misunderstood my original post. Re-read it again and then try to figure it out.
You have a tendency to post quotes out of context I think..

I wasn't being harsh at all. A little sensitive are we? :eek:

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
COCALEAFS said:
Last time i checked 100% of rappers that rapped about killing people really did it....even the funky headhunter..

And you dont really wanna know about what "hardcore" rap artists are smuggling more balls in their mouth than big tigger on a friday night.

Trust me, itd break your heart and hurt your feelings all at the same time.

REAL talk

just give a few examples.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Peetie Pablo.......and many many more

REALITY

i'll leave it at that, otherwise this thread will go on forever and completely deviate from the topic at hand which is BOONDOCKS being the best thing on Televsion.

you wanna know about more homosexual rappers exposed start up a thread about um and ill be glad to contribute.