THE BEGINNING OF SAN DIEGO RAP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
C.C
Big June
Ecay Uno
Doc Dev
Big Mar Of The Mobkings
Joe Blakk
Southeast 1
Ajamu
Ms. Toy
Wendell B
A Bone
Slikk Rikk or Slick Wes
I Rocc
Shannon Bo
Bossman Hogg
Baby Skar
Jayo Felony
Criccet
VMF
Gangsta Ern
Blakk Bone
Malik Bo
June Bug Spade
Damu
Mitchy Slick
Lil Fatal
Orko
Big Mane
Johnny Rorke
Black Mikey
Break Mines Off Rec.
Low Bottum Records
Ghettoz Advocate Ent.
King Kaz
Jug Head
Bloodstone
Icons
Aztec Tribe

Mar 1, 2006
BLAKK BONE

COOPDVILL said:
C.C
Big June
Ecay Uno
Doc Dev
Big Mar Of The Mobkings
Joe Blakk
Southeast 1
Ajamu
Ms. Toy
Wendell B
A Bone
Slikk Rikk or Slick Wes
I Rocc
Shannon Bo
Bossman Hogg
Baby Skar
Jayo Felony
Criccet
VMF
Gangsta Ern
Blakk Bone
Malik Bo
June Bug Spade
Damu
Mitchy Slick
Lil Fatal
Orko
Big Mane
Johnny Rorke
Black Mikey
Break Mines Off Rec.
Low Bottum Records
Ghettoz Advocate Ent.
King Kaz
Jug Head
Bloodstone
Icons
Aztec Tribe
BLAKK BONE WAS A GROUP NAME WHICH CONSISTED JOE BLAKK & SLIKK RIKKZ LIL BROTHER A BONE THEM MY NIGGAZ. DO U REMEMBER KADILLAK DEE. tHAT NIGGA HAD A CASSETTE OUT HE DROPPED IN MY MAILBOX WHEN I WAS YOUNG ABOUT SOME KARTOONS AND SHIT, I WAS YOUNG AS FUCK LIKE THE 6th GRADE.

Apr 25, 2002
www.getyourfinancesright.com
I feel like Big June. If I didn't go do that fed bid, a nigga would've been on the map. But what's done is done. I never dwell on the past, just keep movin' forward. But, Big Frizzle knows that I had a tape out in '88 (he's the only one that had a copy left til' this day). 5 songs, Mission Possible, The Young Gangsta, Bow Down Fool, Think First, and You ain't rollin'. Three were over Too Short's Freaky Tales beat, and the other two were over Young MC's I let em' know beat. When I left in '89, there wasn't any Dago rappers out, and then in the early 90's while a nigga was gone I start hearin' about niggaz. And June you right homey Hen & Mark Farve did put out Doc Dev on EDM records. I never heard that tape either, but I heard it was tight. I heard they gave me and some of the homies in the feds a shout out on there. A nigga missed all that shit. Big C.S.'s baby's momma was in Vicious Beat Posse, and I was writing some of her lyrics from the pen. She was kiccin' with Eazy and them in '88, and we were gettin' ready to start a label then, cuz she knew Eazy and get this, Jerry Heller was supposed to help us. Eazy even wanted to by my 190 Benz. I missed all the Bullet Loco, Cricet, Big June, Gangsta Earn shit, cuz in the feds it's not like the state, you can't get any paccages, cd's or tapes, no walkmans, tv's, conjugal visits none of that shit. So I didn't hear any niggaz shit. Shit I still haven't heard Ice Cube's first album! So, I don't know what niggaz consider the beginning of Dago rap. When niggaz start puttin' out tapes City wide, or when niggaz was just makin' em' for the homies, because that's two different times. And then on the real, the Southeast blood side is different from the crip side, and since Dago is mostly a blood city, most of the shit that was the most popular was from the blood side, because that was the majority of the city. And niggaz probably didn't know about my lil tape, and doc dev's tape never gets mentioned when niggaz talk about Dago rap history, in magazines, on the internet or wherever. And no disrespect to Gangsta Ern, and I knew him, and he was a real one, but he's the only one I hear mentioned in the Dago rap game history. I heard Doc Dev was a musical genius. I heard you was hot too Big June, but I wasn't hear to feel the vibe, or Jayo's rise either. Keep grindin' though Big June. Shit we've been cool since the first time we met. I just wanted to add my input on the Dago rap game history, but I know the Dago street history more than the rap history, because of my time away. Let's keep PROGRESSIN' Dago!

Jun 15, 2005
...doc dev is a musical genius...dude was self taught on that keyboard...felt a melody and then rocked it raw...hardly ever used a sample because he didn't really need to when he had these ill melodies...i always mention dudes name when it comes to the pioneers of dago rap and all around sick ass producers...

...this is the best thread to hit the socal board in a minute for real...

Mar 1, 2006
THASSUM REAL SHIT U SPOKE!

LIL C.S. said:
I feel like Big June. If I didn't go do that fed bid, a nigga would've been on the map. But what's done is done. I never dwell on the past, just keep movin' forward. But, Big Frizzle knows that I had a tape out in '88 (he's the only one that had a copy left til' this day). 5 songs, Mission Possible, The Young Gangsta, Bow Down Fool, Think First, and You ain't rollin'. Three were over Too Short's Freaky Tales beat, and the other two were over Young MC's I let em' know beat. When I left in '89, there wasn't any Dago rappers out, and then in the early 90's while a nigga was gone I start hearin' about niggaz. And June you right homey Hen & Mark Farve did put out Doc Dev on EDM records. I never heard that tape either, but I heard it was tight. I heard they gave me and some of the homies in the feds a shout out on there. A nigga missed all that shit. Big C.S.'s baby's momma was in Vicious Beat Posse, and I was writing some of her lyrics from the pen. She was kiccin' with Eazy and them in '88, and we were gettin' ready to start a label then, cuz she knew Eazy and get this, Jerry Heller was supposed to help us. Eazy even wanted to by my 190 Benz. I missed all the Bullet Loco, Cricet, Big June, Gangsta Earn shit, cuz in the feds it's not like the state, you can't get any paccages, cd's or tapes, no walkmans, tv's, conjugal visits none of that shit. So I didn't hear any niggaz shit. Shit I still haven't heard Ice Cube's first album! So, I don't know what niggaz consider the beginning of Dago rap. When niggaz start puttin' out tapes City wide, or when niggaz was just makin' em' for the homies, because that's two different times. And then on the real, the Southeast blood side is different from the crip side, and since Dago is mostly a blood city, most of the shit that was the most popular was from the blood side, because that was the majority of the city. And niggaz probably didn't know about my lil tape, and doc dev's tape never gets mentioned when niggaz talk about Dago rap history, in magazines, on the internet or wherever. And no disrespect to Gangsta Ern, and I knew him, and he was a real one, but he's the only one I hear mentioned in the Dago rap game history. I heard Doc Dev was a musical genius. I heard you was hot too Big June, but I wasn't hear to feel the vibe, or Jayo's rise either. Keep grindin' though Big June. Shit we've been cool since the first time we met. I just wanted to add my input on the Dago rap game history, but I know the Dago street history more than the rap history, because of my time away. Let's keep PROGRESSIN' Dago!
THAT'S WHY I STARTED THIS THREAD GANGSTA, SO NIGGAZ KA FIND OUT ABOUT THE PIO'Z N THIS GAME; AND YEAH I WAS BASICALLY SPEAKIN' ON THE ONES THAT MADE IT IN THE GLASS CASES WAY BACK THEN. DOK DEV IS A ROOT TO THE GAME TOO. WHEN HE RELEASED HIS 1990 2s,3s,& 4s OVER ON BATES ST. IN THE DEADEND, HE DID THE FIRST BEAT TO MY NIGHT RIDER FOR ME GANGSTA. THAT JAMAICAN NIGGA TYE STICK USED TA COME BLOW US OUT. I KNEW DAMN NEAR ER'SPOT DEV HAD, ENUFFA DAT SHIT GANGSTA, BUT I FEEL YOU ON THE OTHER SHIT TOO. THASS WHY I DO ME, AND FUCK WHAT THE OTHAZ SAY U DIG. I RESPECT YO GRIND AND WORK ETHIKS TOO AS WELL AS YA REAL TALK SPITS. NIGGAZ KA TELL YOU WASN'T ONE OF THE ONES THAT LEARNED THIS GANGSTA SHIT BY LOOKIN' OUT THE WINDOWS LIKE SOME OF THESE NIGGAS THAT'S PUTTIN OUT BU'SHIT U KNOW, AND EVEN SOME THAT CLAIM TA HAVE CLOUT. ENUFFA DAT TOO, BUT DO YA THANG HEAT, WE GON' PLUG IT IN, PLUG IT IN SOMEDAY, YENNNO!!!!

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
yea doc dev was a musical genius him and big mar dog taught me how to work the mpc 60 when i touched SD soil he produced 3 of the songs on I Rocc's underground tape 5000 a pound. he introduced me to ecay and a bunch of other cats not mentioned then he bounced to new york and last i heard he was in the atl. he was a good dude...

Jan 23, 2006
MR.DJL, I GOT THAT DOC DEV TAPE HOMIE ILL MAKE U A COPY .I GOT A GANG OF TAPE CASES WITH ALL KINDS OF SHIT!SMOKERS USED TO HIT THEM CARS AND BRING CASSETTE COLLECTIONS WITH EVERYTHANG ELSE!HOLLA AT YOUR BOY!

Jun 15, 2005
^^^I can convert them tapes to mp3 if you wanna link up on that...i'm looking for that big ed...its on my old computer, champ...

..and yeah, last i heard doc dev was in the atl...my boy Manassa actually lives out there, too...him and dev were hookin up for a minute, but you know how dudes be movin around and shit...he lost touch with dev last i heard...

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
SoBerious said:
^^^I can convert them tapes to mp3 if you wanna link up on that...i'm looking for that big ed...its on my old computer, champ...

..and yeah, last i heard doc dev was in the atl...my boy Manassa actually lives out there, too...him and dev were hookin up for a minute, but you know how dudes be movin around and shit...he lost touch with dev last i heard...
Oh manassas is your boy...yeah I got that tape very last compound/ragsdale rich...I think he at that time couldve actually done something

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
bigjunenigga! said:
WHAT'S THAT GONNA TELL ME G STATUS?
I had posted up a question on that thread homie, that's why I told u to chk it out G.But I'll post it up here anyway

There gonna be any collabos with you and wrongkind?I think i remeber Mitch saying on this site that you and him were working on some tracks in Vegas,even tho there is gonna be some who hate on that.Correct me if I'm wrong tho homie

Apr 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
What's funny about all this is most of the niggas postin on this thread don't know real DAGO history. What about niggas that was getting down in the commander whitehead days. The palisades skating rink. Niggas was rappin' when other niggas was pulling out their cardboard. Ya dig. I was one of um. No disrespect to anybody getting down... But if you are going to talk about it get it right and don't play favorites. I know what's what and that's that.

Jun 15, 2005
...sheeit cowboy, i was skating at palisades with dem PBI boys, don't trip...and I remember that Upside started out as a dancing crew, the bunny boys...i'm cool with OG's from both those sides but I don't remember cats rappin/freestylin' like it was in the late late 80's and early 90's...