THE BEGINNING OF SAN DIEGO RAP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 1, 2006
IS THERE ANY REAL SAN DIEGNZ THAT CAN GIVE SAN DIEGO RAP HISTORY FROM THE BEGINNING. STARING WITH THE PIONEERZ, AND UP TO NOW, CAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE ALMOST ER'BODY IS BRAND NEW ROUND HERE. IF YALL DO KNOW THE HISTORY LET THESE NEW BOOTIES KNOW WHASS HATNEN?

Dec 10, 2005
^^^^i feel u big june but its always gon be young niggaz that got next(like me lol) we know u been holdin this shit down 4 a long time niggaz gotta respect it but if it just stops after the legends and the ogs then tha san diego rap game would be fucked by tha time i turn 20 most of tha rappers thats rapn now gon be 30 and up

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Used to be a poster on here with this in his sig

Black Mikey
CriCet (Krown Kings was the Dopest Homie!)
Big June
Devious
iLL Blacc a.k.a. IBM (RIP Loc!)
VMF a.k.a. Stee-Vicious
Green Eyes
L.A.Z.
Pryme Suspect
Hen Farve (East Dago Mob)
Baby Skar
Waccy Bandit
Legion Of Doom
Dago Crush Militia
Aztec Tribe
The Cut Father
The Icons
Gangsta Ern (RIP Homie)
Orco
Royal T
Tony Da Skitso
Night OwL
MC Chilly Frost
Vicious Beat Posse

Jun 15, 2005
mrtonguetwista said:
Used to be a poster on here with this in his sig

Black Mikey
CriCet (Krown Kings was the Dopest Homie!)
Big June
Devious
iLL Blacc a.k.a. IBM (RIP Loc!)
VMF a.k.a. Stee-Vicious
Green Eyes
L.A.Z.
Pryme Suspect
Hen Farve (East Dago Mob)
Baby Skar
Waccy Bandit
Legion Of Doom
Dago Crush Militia
Aztec Tribe
The Cut Father
The Icons
Gangsta Ern (RIP Homie)
Orco
Royal T
Tony Da Skitso
Night OwL
MC Chilly Frost
Vicious Beat Posse
I agree with most of those names there...just never heard of Waccy Bandit...and I didn't think The Icons came around until like the second or third wave of dago rappers...along with the likes of Manassa and Gelo...

...everybody was puttin out maxi-singles back then, too...

...and Dago Crush Militia, weren't they called The Crush Foundation when they first came out? Also, I heard Damu around the same time as I heard Black Mikey, so I might be inclined to throw his name in the mix, too...

Jun 16, 2005
i can name alot of niggas but they wasnt makin noise..san diegos rap scene in the earlier days was quiet...

really, the niggas i knew... in meadowbrook/PH/skyline were rapping but they was rappin just to rap..as far as i saw it niggas was rappin cuz they liked doin it, not cuz they saw alot of paper in it..that dont mean they wasnt tight on the mic or they didnt have albums...it just didnt get widespread..

it was more about bumping our own shit and getting some fame in your n-boorhood...bumping your own shit in your own car and letting peopel get a bar..i know alot of niggas not even relevant right now, i dont wanna shit on them and they situations...but they was dropping quality tapes...youd hear it around the hood but it went no farther.

edit: i didnt see orko named, that nigga been grindin ard when gangsta niggas wasnt even grinding like that, i saw your boy everywhere, at every mall and every show, hosting shows...you cant leave him out, aong with masters of the universe..even if you consider them backpack. they was bigger than icons.

Jan 23, 2006
NEVER HEARD OF WACCY BANDIT,I HEARD OF BANDIT THATS FROM EMERALD THAT RAPS AND WHO IS MC CHILLY FROST?I DONT THINK HEN FARVE RAPS HE JUST PUT THAT DR.DEV TAPE OUT"EVERYTHANG'Z DEVIOUS"-THEY GOT ORKO ON THAT LIST BUT IT IS SPELLED ON THERE ORCO.

Jun 15, 2005
...yeah, orko is on there, just spelled wrong...and homie gets much love from me...dude was slangin his style waaay back when...and i don't get around in emerald too much, so the only bandit i know is the one that died like last year...

...and @ gasuno...i know what you mean about cats gettin down just to get down...i went to bell junior high in '88 and thats when shit was just kickin off...Kuttfather was called Mark-Ski back then and he was kickin shit off and Shawn Young...Gelo the rapper actually started off as a beat boxer along with that samoan dude Mackie...back then Manassa, Marlon Royale, and even little j from the brook was all rappin...it was just the thing to do...troop jackets and mickey mouse fila shirts..."yo baby yo baby yo baby yo"...

A.T

Sicc OG
Dec 31, 2004
SHIT MAN, THAT FIRST DAYGO RAPSHIT I HEARD WAS BIG JUNE...THEN BABYSKAR N SHANNON..A.K....MAN....ALOT OF REAL GANGSTA SHIT OUTTA SKYLINE.....IT WAS A GANG OF NIGGAS RAPPIN...I WAS A LIL ASS KID AT THA PARK BACK THEN..THAT WAS LIKE 87 88 R SUMTHIN....YEAH THEN THA 90'S HIT N ALL THA HOMIEZ WAS RAPPIN....U GOTTA BE FROM AROUND THIS WAY 2 REALLY KNOW THA BUIZ THO....SHIT LIKE THAT AINT GONE BE 4GOTTTEN......NOW ITZ TALENT EVERYWHERE BUT IM STAY GIVIN IT UP 4 US YA DIGG.....

Jan 23, 2006
DAAAAMN HE SAID THE TROOP JACCETS AND THE YO BABY YO T-SHIRTS.THATS BRINGS BACC MEMORIES.WHAT ABOUT THE LOTTO AND BK SHOES.WE WAS PUSHIN MUCH CRACC BACC THEN,HAVIN A BANK ROLL OF CASH AND ONE OF FOOD STAMPS!CRACC HEAD WELFARE SMOKERS .THE 1ST AND 15TH USED TO BE THE GOOD OLE DAYS!

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Mr.Snowman said:
Ahhhhhhhhhh! You stupid 4 dat 1.lol
I remember they use2 always hit me up, or atleast try.
lol..Though I wasnt feeling their music, their hustle was BIG...them niggas was everywhere on foot in SD, grinding trying to promote their music...I cant hate on that....

Feb 9, 2006
skanless joe

i found a skanless joe cd at a flea market in SF, i think its autographed. anyway, that dude skanless joe sure didn't like master p. what was that all about?