The Bay Will NEVER Blow Up...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2003
We have the talent and the flair to gain some attention, but the since of a mentally retarded 5 year old on medication. Every week I see a new thread or hear about a Bay show in some small town being turned out because of fights or shootings. We already fucked it off in the main Bay spots (Oakland, San Francisco, Richmond, Berkeley, San Jose) as far as doing shows are concerned...now the Bay is wearing out it's welcome in the Marin, Concord wayout area's of the Bay. I guess you can't exspect much when you have damn near 40 yearold GROWN ASS MEN rapping about poppin pills and sniffin coke like it's the hot shit to do. That type of bullshit is blinding people to the acts that are actually trying to make music from the Bay. The Bay is always asking "why don't we get any major label love"-- this is a BIG fucking part of it. You can't try to push a teenish youth movement (speerheaded by og'z) based around pill poppin and copycat ass songs and think the big money or promotion is going to follow. At some point the Bay needs to look at itself and fix the problem and not always cry out "they hatin on us"...If they are hatin on the Bay-- We are spoonfeeding them the damn reason.

Feb 18, 2006
Your makin no sense this is a BS thread people been singin about shit since the 70's and were rioting shit then....purple haze.....many songs of doing all kinds of drugs, and not all hippies were controlled they were violent against cops and the government...music has reinvented itself with hyphy and with any rap or music that expresses itself brings a certain crowd, dont listen to the music if you got a problem with its venues and the people who support its movement we arent seeing that many shootings...so stop spreading negative publicity cause real people who know what there talkin about are gettin money over here.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
HAHAHAHAHA! A-MUTHAFUCKIN-MEN! You just laid that shit right on the table, nice. I feel you, too. It's damn near impossible to get a show in my city (San Jose), because others have done it and fucked the shit off for the rest of us.

Why is it that Los Angeles has shows up the ass, but the clubs don't get shut down for dumb shit like ours do? Common went to L.A. and performed a dis track about Ice Cube, and it was all good. If somebody came to the Bay and said something about a Bay rapper, there would be a lynch mob and riots, lol. We embarass ourselves out here...grown ass men don't know how to function.

Good post, fam!

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
AllBayIan said:
Your makin no sense this is a BS thread people been singin about shit since the 70's and were rioting shit then....purple haze.....many songs of doing all kinds of drugs, and not all hippies were controlled they were violent against cops and the government...music has reinvented itself with hyphy and with any rap or music that expresses itself brings a certain crowd, dont listen to the music if you got a problem with its venues and the people who support its movement we arent seeing that many shootings...so stop spreading negative publicity cause real people who know what there talkin about are gettin money over here.
I know what you're sayin' here, and I know what other dude is sayin'. If you don't like it, don't listen to it...of course. BUT, I think dudes main point is, it's hard to get a good show crackin out in the Bay unless you are big in the bay...because venue owners don't want shit goin' down in their clubs...because it happens too often. It has been better lately, but still, not a lot of good clubs out this way will let a show go down, period.

Now I know music insiders have heard about this shit...so do you think A&R's will go to a spot that may or may not get shut down a half hour into it?? Naw, not at all. Why waste that money on a plane ticket when they can just hit the big cities where shit goes down smoothly??

Mar 29, 2004
thats where the word.........'CHANGE' comes in look at where that music got us?
Its time to try to end the cycle and do something different.
I always say im not looking forward to 30-40 years down the road because look at whos going to be running the the system and taking care of our old ass's? These burnt out un educated new age crack heads.
Thats why Im working on educating the children now and trying to get them to go smart and not dumb...

'Know that the brown babies need us, cause later on they gon feed us, we been fightin for years, strong through our ancestors tears...and we aint gon stop I said we aint gon stop!'

Peace Dub

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
pOiSoNoMiTrY said:
thats where the word.........'CHANGE' comes in look at where that music got us?
Its time to try to end the cycle and do something different.
I always say im not looking forward to 30-40 years down the road because look at whos going to be running the the system and taking care of our old ass's? These burnt out un educated new age crack heads.
Thats why Im working on educating the children now and trying to get them to go smart and not dumb...

'Know that the brown babies need us, cause later on they gon feed us, we been fightin for years, strong through our ancestors tears...and we aint gon stop I said we aint gon stop!'

Peace Dub
Real talk. That's what I'm doin' with my influence...teachin' the young folks what's really goin' on. 'Cause these days, cats are growin' up around people that refuse to teach 'em shit.

May 16, 2002
It's not just the Bay, it's everywhere. The cries of "They're hating on us / me." People are stuck on whatever they think is tight (if it was truly tight, you wouldn't be in that situation...just something to think about).

That within itself is a clear sign to change your Game up. Sometimes bending the rules or stepping outta bounds may not always be a bad thing.

Alot of artist are afraid to try different things, because they feel they have a rep to uphold, so it's a must they keep they're music a certain way.

"Fuck a major", "I'm staying street", "Keep it gutter", "I change for nobody", "I'm keeping it hood even when I'm signed" yada yada yada...

WHEN KEEPING IT REAL GOES WRONG.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
@ CANE, you ain't never lied fam. They either won't say anything, or come on and say we're idiots for "thinking" this way.

@ trill VV1ll...I stepped on the scene OFFICIALLY in 2000, and people have been saying "THE BAY IS GONNA BLOW" since then. Here it is, 7 years later, and the Bay hasn't blown one bit. There has been national recognition, but no sales to back it up. You can get all the publicity in the world, but it doesn't mean shit if the numbers aren't there. JUST ASK K-FED!

May 16, 2002
the_truth_ said:
WHO CARES ARE YOU A RAPPER ? WILL YOU GAIN SOMETHING FROM THE BAY BLOWING UP ? IF NOT WHO FUCKING CARES.. LIFE IS BIGGER THE FUCKING HIPHOP
Okay we may not agree on ther topics, but you got a very good point on this one.

Dec 16, 2006
Gemini said:
Okay we may not agree on ther topics, but you got a very good point on this one.

Real TAlk, Shows been gettin Shut down, Acts been gettin Cancelled and Niggaz Been gettin in fights, the only difference now is people are payin more attention to it now cuz some people want the bay to blow. I'm not sayin thats a good thing but stop crying bout it. imo Bay music was better when we weren't tryin to please the industry and fit into a category. Maybe the bay needs to be shunned by the industry so real niggas can get back to makin real music

Jan 15, 2006
Im only concerned about good music.. the bay just need to step they game up.. niggaz is dropping garbage.. havent heard a solid album you can bump from front to back in YEARS..

the rappers should be concerned about blowing up not the fans..

Mar 29, 2004
it matters for real artists that believe music is a source of inspiration for daily living. People who live music care about what happens with in the artistic and bay area music community. Because we live here and we love to see people make it that came up the same way we did.

Jan 1, 2006
I can say there's no substance in the music nowadays for the majority of artists. But to go as far as saying the Bay's never gonna make it?! Come on man!! I admit there's too many artists out trying to make up a come up and I'm not hating on that just the fact everyone's riding the same trend and not thinking outside the box.

To me The Team are the one's doing things different that's why all their albums and mixtapes are in constant replay in my ride. I ain't a Team groupie but they're the only one's I can feel in music right now.

Mar 29, 2004
also, how are people suposed to act when they go to these artists shows and the content is about nothing but bullshit....the crowd is just basically showing their down with the 'movement'