The appeal of Gucci Mane

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 27, 2008
So Gas One your theory is that since I am talking about him he must be good?

And why is is hate when you point out something is garbage? So if I don't like a model of cars because they are prone to break down and i point it out I am hating?

So your theory on why he appeals to so many people is because he floods the market with
mixtapes?

That may make him popular but I haven't seen one post where people actually said he had talent.

I see is a bunch of posts of people saying he is real and that is all that matters.

Fuck it I guess that is his appeal, it sure is not his music because that shit sucks.

Nov 24, 2003
its the 'big ass chain' theory..they do things to give you guys something to talk about at work and most are too stupid to realize that its set up to be like that

if you didnt like gucci mane you wouldnt talk about him and hed dissapear but they say not talking is the hardest thing for most people, they just gotta say some shit.

Truth.

You need to get skipped ahead a couple classes lol.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
So Gas One your theory is that since I am talking about him he must be good?
what the fuck are you talking about? lol

you talking about him (a thread = dozens more people weighing in on it) is advertisement, advertisement breeds curiosity in a consumer. what do you not get about that?

if i talked about twinkies all fuckin day eventually someone would go cop a twinkie based on me talking about it.

were talking about appeal, not quality...right?

so i answered your question to the best of my ability. if you want to talk about the quality of gucci manes music, thats a completely different conversation.

he has the same appeal soldja boy does. they aint the same artists they just know how to use you guys for a buzz in the same way. which is ironically, why they appear on videos and songs together and soldja boy calls gucci mane is 'proteje'...they just know how to milk this shit like a hustler would, thats the appeal

whether you or i, like gucci manes music seems to me to be totally irrelevent in this conversation unless youd like to discuss that, too

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Truth.

You need to get skipped ahead a couple classes lol.
lmao

its just funny to me that no one realizes that this is a business and its seperate from 'doing rap for the love' and the music theyre emotionally attached to and cherish

its a fuckin business

i cant stress that enough

millions of kids hated on soldja boys youtube until he found out youtube had a deal with soldja boy where he got PAID for people to comment.....and the entire world felt stupid as fuck as soldja boy bought his mom a new house on your hard work hating on youtube....aint that a bitch....its just funny how people are getting used on the net and they dont even know it....

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I think the appeal of Gucci Mane is similar to the appeal of ODB. Its like a guilty pleasure. Gucci is no where near the top as far as lyrics...However, he is backed by hot production. Kinda like how ODB had Rza and True Master.

Like ODB, Gucci is a nut. People tend to gravitate toward weirdos (think Pac, ODB, Lil Wayne, DMX)...Why? I think it's because they tend to create their own lane.

I think the Beef with Jeezy also helped him...Gucci and Jeezy have a similar rap style, but the content is different. Jeezy's music is more aggressive, but the key is the contrast. Gucci's music is more lighthearted and arrogant (which is rare in the South, cause everybody is trying to thug it out). Sure, Gucci has the occasional thug tracks, but overall he's more swag than skill. He actual reminds me of Mac Dre in that aspect.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
i think gucci mane has a long way to match ODB.......lets not forget who ODB was lol

ODB was like micheal jackson, bobby brown, rick james, britney spears and amy winehouse rolled into one

his astonishing list of advancements (lifting a car to save a kid and leaving the scene like fucking batman, WTF) will never be forgotten

gucci mane isnt really reality tv worthy yet

Gas One

May 24, 2006
i think steve o or fat lip from pharcyde is probably more along the lines of odbs appeal lol

because lets be real

white people just think all south shit is stupid and crazy

like ying yang twins

remember hawaiian dude mixed up mac dre with the ying yang twins that just goes to show how far that 'crazy and stupid' stereotype goes

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
ODB was like micheal jackson, bobby brown, rick james, britney spears and amy winehouse rolled into one
Wow!...I love ODB; Got all his albums...but don't you think that's a little ambitious of a statement?

I agree that Gucci ain't ready for tv, his mixtapes give him the platform to act an ass.

Jan 27, 2008
Gas One I don't look at it from a business standpoint. I am a fan and thats it. So I look at it strictly from a fans point of view.

When I made this thread I meant musically how is he appealing?

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
When I made this thread I meant musically how is he appealing?
I think people more appeal to him, rather than the music per se. That's probably why its so hard to wrap your head around the idea of Gucci being a "good" rapper. But, I think that goes for just about every rapper.

Dec 29, 2008
hataaaaaas! go and get ya choppa suit

its usually someone with a failed rap career that dosent get gucci that say to themselves i could rap like that

but that wouldnt be you

thats the thing
he has appeal because he grinds his music harder than your favorite rapper does

you know the term takes money to make money

well start selling coke and put it toward your rap career
and youll have new fans too

i think the problem is you arent looking at it from a marketing standpoint and purely from a rap listeners standpoint..we have people dropping mixtapes daily weekly and monthly for free if you want dope hip hop but people will continue to go to the store and buy 'brand names' ...i dunno why its just how it is

gucci graduated high school and went to college so apparently at some point in his life he realized he was a good salesman, and thats what seperates him from those who have no appeal.

you kinda learn those traits when you try to sell drugs, much less in the south

i saw the same questions asked about nump or chingo bling or a number or other peoplenot to say gucci is a joke rapper, but he DOES realize yall think hes dumb....he just hasnt up and said it to you yet

its the 'big ass chain' theory..they do things to give you guys something to talk about at work and most are too stupid to realize that its set up to be like that

if you didnt like gucci mane you wouldnt talk about him and hed dissapear but they say not talking is the hardest thing for most people, they just gotta say some shit.

damn homie writing essays about gucci mane lol

this has to be the longest post in the history of the siccness about gucci mane ha ha

homie put more thought into this post than gucci has every put into a verse

May 27, 2008
I think the appeal of Gucci Mane is similar to the appeal of ODB. Its like a guilty pleasure. Gucci is no where near the top as far as lyrics...However, he is backed by hot production. Kinda like how ODB had Rza and True Master.

Like ODB, Gucci is a nut. People tend to gravitate toward weirdos (think Pac, ODB, Lil Wayne, DMX)...Why? I think it's because they tend to create their own lane.
I don't think you can compare Gucci Mane to ODB in the least, and I wouldn't say Gucci is "weird" per se...

What makes him appealing? He's REAL; he's from the fucking country and he plays that up with his voice, his swag, etc. and the South loves him for it. He's also arrogant / realizes he's a very good salesman like Gas said - call it what you want.

In any case he is a lot smarter than most of you give him credit for.

Feb 2, 2009
these are ALL your best arguements??
I never said he was dumb... his music blows, beats or no beats. As far as I'm concerned he could be rappin' over casio beats. If your not sayin' anything, your not worth listenin' to imo.
I'll give you ODB bein' a guilty pleasure. I wasn't a big fan of Mr. Big Baby Jesus myself, but I'd never compare the two. ODB is a legend in the game regardless of my opinion. Gucci, well, I don't think he'll have much of a legacy.
How is it that people don't get tired of hearin' this tired ass dope-boy, thumpin' beats, no lyrical content bullshit?!?!? This has nothing to do with the South. It has everything to do with dime a dozen d-boys on a microphone spittin' the same regurgetated(?) shit.
He sounds lazy on the mic, like he just rolled outta bed scratched his ass and blew his hot ass breath on the mic....

I'm sorry for yelling...