The appeal of Gucci Mane

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 27, 2008
I just don't get why this dude is so popular. This dude has the streets on lock here in Indianapolis.

Everywhere I go, i hear his shit and oj da juice man getting bumped.

I have heard a few joints i have (icey, brick man) but most of his shit i think is bland.

He got zaytoven on the beats and that dude brings the fire. Gucci has the beats, ill give him that.

But he doesn't really have anything else. So why all the hype and support?

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
it's probably mainly cause zaytoven but like he isn't anything special either. i guess it's just cause his music is simple and easy to remember and decent to get retarded at a club.

Feb 2, 2009
HIS FLOW IS REDICULOUS

LISTEN TO GANGSTA GRILLZ: THE MOVIE

CLASSIC
no thanks...
Old dookie mouth always looks like he's got shit on his teeth...
I'm with the thread starter on this one. He's terrible. I don't give a shit about his beats if he can't rap for shit. HIS BACKGROUND????? Are you serious.. WHO CARES!?!?!?!?! THat's got nothing to do with talent. It's ignorance... "Ooooh he sells dope, oooooh this and that". WHo cares!!!!! Dude is garbage. If you disagree with me, I'm sorry you're fuckin' retarded. He should've never been given a mic.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
no thanks...
I'm with the thread starter on this one. He's terrible. I don't give a shit about his beats if he can't rap for shit. HIS BACKGROUND????? Are you serious.. WHO CARES!?!?!?!?! THat's got nothing to do with talent. It's ignorance... "Ooooh he sells dope, oooooh this and that". WHo cares!!!!! Dude is garbage. If you disagree with me, I'm sorry you're fuckin' retarded. He should've never been given a mic.
+1

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I'm always asking this question too

dude is one of the worst rappers out IMO... don't know why he's so popular

I've tried numerous times to listen to his music here and there... but everytime it's just horrible... he sounds like a retarded kid when he raps... he has a few decent songs here and there... but that's mainly just because of production

Feb 2, 2009
I'm always asking this question too

dude is one of the worst rappers out IMO... don't know why he's so popular

I've tried numerous times to listen to his music here and there... but everytime it's just horrible... he sounds like a retarded kid when he raps... he has a few decent songs here and there... but that's mainly just because of production

HOw 'bout, it's mainly 'cuz of features???
The only gucci song I have is the freaky girl remix with Luda... I can't even make it to his verse!

Feb 17, 2009
www.twitter.com
no thanks...

What I was trying to say was... People hear about his background and think "damn" so they go and check him out. I didn't say it had anything to do with him being good at rapping because of it. I don't think C Murder is a extremely talented rapper, yet people are so curious about his court cases and personal trouble he's been in, that he is always a topic of discussion.

That's it.

Nov 24, 2003
Its not like Gucci is the first mediocre rapper to be successful in sales, where the fuck have yall been living lol??? A shit load of mediocre or worse rappers have done really good numbers over the years, Gucci is nothing new.

Puffy
Master P
A lot of No Limit
Mase
Cash Money (Baby, Juve, BG, etc)
50 Cent
Hammer
Nelly
Etc

Jun 23, 2002
I for one listen to his music bc he's says some funny ass shit sometimes - I think it's the comedic value people like. I pretty sure people agree/know he can't flow all that great but his beats and overall persona keeps them listening

Aug 16, 2002
EVERY BLOOD IN MY CITY SLAPZ GUCCI and ALOT OF THE NORTENO's...he got Swag like a muthafucka and niggaz get into his style of flow easy. Zaytoven helps alot with his bangin ass beats...and based on the fact he a real nigga and came to Sacramento and was fuckin with real hood niggaz he gon get that love. 90% of these commercial rappers wouldnt be caught dead in the hood Cherry'd up fuckin with factors....GUCCI doin it quit hatin on tha man!

Dec 29, 2008
Its not like Gucci is the first mediocre rapper to be successful in sales, where the fuck have yall been living lol??? A shit load of mediocre or worse rappers have done really good numbers over the years, Gucci is nothing new.

Puffy
Master P
A lot of No Limit
Mase
Cash Money (Baby, Juve, BG, etc)
50 Cent
Hammer
Nelly
Etc
mase was actually ill back in the children of corn days and his first cd was dope to me

nelly can actually spit he just waters down his flow for mainstream success i swear i seen this video from back in the days before they were signed and nelly was spitting way better than he does now

50 Cent is a good mc imo

master p used to rap tight back in the ghettos trying to kill me days maybe not skillfull but that shit was hot back then

Dec 29, 2008
gucci weak to me i haven't heard much of his music because im not checking for it really

only 2 songs i liked by gucci are big cat laflare and bitch i might be

im pretty unbiased when i listen to music

gucci and jeezy are both weak to me and not mcs

only verse i liked by jeezy was the superstar remix