THAT BUDWEISER COMMERCIAL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
EDJ you don't like it when white people embrace the African American culture? What about those that grew up in black neighborhoods and develope the traits of a "black" man?

Aug 26, 2002
I'm just saying the only time I see white guys FUBU'd up they are with black people, not a whole group of white people without black people................a little exxagerated of a comercial..but close like i said ......

Sep 19, 2003
jesse james said:
I'm just saying the only time I see white guys FUBU'd up they are with black people, not a whole group of white people without black people................a little exxagerated of a comercial..but close like i said ......
Down here, I see the complete opposite. I see white girls kicking it with black men and women, dressing and talking like them... mixing in pretty well actually. But dudes, no. Only white guys I see acting black run SOLO. Probably not even from Tucson, kuz that shit's just not tolerated down here. I know dudes raised in neighborhoods where they are minorities, and they still have to keep it real to their race. No matter what race you are. That's just the way it is. No one fucks with you if you're being yourself over here. Well, maybe a little when you're younger, but past all that child play shit we're all part of the melting pot... and the Tucson sun is the flame.

Dec 18, 2002
^^^

ive had to handle alotta shit after bein relocated from seattle to this country ass place -- i still aint brakin for anybody though -- i get hella looks n shit but it dont bother me see -- if your strong enuff to represent who you are you dont need to worry about other people

Sep 19, 2003
EDJ said:
IF I WAS IN TUCSON I'D ACT LIKE I AM DESPITE WHAT I WAS. AND WHOEVA HAD A PROBLEM, WE COULD HAVE FUNK. :devious:

karloz said:
That's just the way it is. No one fucks with you if you're being yourself over here.
Well then, I don't think anyone would have funk with ya then.

:classic:

Sep 19, 2003
EDJ said:
^I gUESS NOT. HOW'S THE TUCSON RAP SCENE? ARE THEY ALL INTO THEM NB RIDERS(FORMERLY KNOWN AS NASTY BOY CLIK) OUT THERE?
Tucson rap scene isn't that great. Even when they have rappers down here I never go to concerts. Nobody I know goes to them. I wonder who goes to them sometimes. So, because I listen to what I choose to listen to, and I have no say on what's on the radio, or who's coming to concert, I have no idea how the rap scene is down here. I hear people bumping pretty much anything that's "IN" at them time, as far as what they heard on Rap City or MTV. Maybe even our wack ass radio station plays it, but I wouldn't know. I know there are a lot of rappers trying to come up over here, and I know a couple of them, but they're too much into partying and kicking at the strip clubs to ever make it in the game. I guess there is potential out here, it's just not that big yet. Uh, I haven't heard any NBK since back when they first came out. I can't speak for Phoenix though, kuz they've got their own local rappers that are coming up, and NBK might still be one of them....???

Dec 18, 2002
EDJ said:
^I gUESS NOT. HOW'S THE TUCSON RAP SCENE? ARE THEY ALL INTO THEM NB RIDERS(FORMERLY KNOWN AS NASTY BOY CLIK) OUT THERE?

KRYPTIC FLOWS,
WHERE YOU AT NOW?
east washington -- cowboys/rich white kids/fake scraps

just moved from seattle -- gettin my 2 year at the community major in business -- gunna make my way down to the bay in a couple to open up a club wit the business degree -- ill be back in seatown in about 6 months

Jul 9, 2002
Nitro the Guru said:
EDJ you don't like it when white people embrace the African American culture? What about those that grew up in black neighborhoods and develope the traits of a "black" man?
That person can develop all the traits of a "black" man all he wants but he'll never be black.

Mar 18, 2003
JazzFan said:
That person can develop all the traits of a "black" man all he wants but he'll never be black.
What is that supposed to mean, "but he'll never be black". Are you talking about the color of ones skin, or the soul of an African through expierences lived (through generations) in America. Are you trying to say you *have* to be black in order to embrace the African American culture? If you are saying he will never have black skin, then you have absolutely no valid point worth responding to.

Dec 18, 2002
i think when you try to assimilate into the black culture...the lines of real/fake get blurry and like EDJ said 9/10 times people aint real with it

but i think that to a certain extent the black culture is now pop culture and its makin for a lotta wigga this wigga that talk

personally, i appreciate the black culture but im myself im not tryin to be identified by a "look" i wear and listen to what i like and i kno that im real but im thinkin that when shit gets to be fake is when doods try to look like the budweiser commercial kids then be like "excuse me" all timidly. . . thats for punks

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^THE THANg IS THAT PREDOMINANT NUBIAN CULTURE HAS DIFFERENT VARIATIONS AND SUBCULTURES WITHIN IT AND SOME OF THE ELEMENTS AIN'T POP CULTURE AT ALL BUT A gENERALIZED ASSESSMENT OF THE MAINSTREAM.