Tha Jacka died last night. RIP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
Somewhere some coward is feeling a false sense of pride for taking a good positive person out the game. It's sad man. And I'm never moved by the deaths of celebrities. But this one hit me. Rest easy Jack and thank you for the art you put out. #Salute
i just came back to say something similar...this is one of the few times im actually feeling down about the loss of an artist..real sad time for not just the bay but hip hop in general imo

Feb 11, 2006
Always bumped jacks music from way back....sad to go out like that man. Rest in peace.

A real lyricalist Who spat clever rhymes I always thought he was one of only a few bay that had world wide appeal and could actually blow up everwhere.
Dude had that effortless flow when he rapped.
Da nigga had crazy punch lines for day to...Anyone who goes back through his music or listened to it wil know what im sayin

Dec 19, 2008
North Sac
RIP Dominic Newton. Today was eerily quiet and somber. His music will live on in our hearts. My condolences to his family and the Mob Figaz. The world lost another real one to senseless violence. I will remember better times though. This is just sad man. I rewind back to September 15, 2013. Him, Freeway and Husalah stole the show at Rock The Bells. First and only time i had the pleasure of seeing Jack perform.

No matter how hard it gets, see it through...

Sep 25, 2014
RIP

I remember back when I was about 15, I did a beat for Nocturnal Hustlers that had Jacka rappin on the first verse...I was excited as fuck, because that was the first reputable rapper to spit on one of my productions. The homie Rodzilla hooked it up.. I had it in quicktime on my old PC which ended up crashin.. haven't heard the track in over a decade. Apparently, they re-did the beat (maybe witout the sample I used?) and never released my version. Wish I still had that shit. Rodzilla, please holla at me if u read this shit, don't wanna release it, just wana hear it one more time........................

Jacka....God rest your soul.

Last edited:

EmDub

Sicc OG
May 11, 2010
Hope this doesn't come off as a shameless plug, but we have a live stream of Jacka videos & a chatbox up on www.thizzler.com as our way of celebrating his life.

I would always run into Jacka in the randomest places and he was always the coolest, most humble dude. I'll never forget when I was filming for the 2013 #BAF10 with the homie Dominic and we stumbled on Jacka & Dubble-OO having a weed and lean picnic in the woods by Lake Merritt lol - with any other gangster rapper it would have seemed totally out of place, but with the Jacka, in a weird way, it just made sense. To celebrate his legacy, we're streaming The Jacka music videos 24/7 all week on Thizzler. Rest in peace to a true legend. We miss you Jack.

mcell

Sicc OG
Jun 10, 2002
I haven't been on for a minute, but I had to say rest in peace to the Jacka. Definitely a big part of my childhood to present day was consumed with listening to his music and relating to the reality of his words. I almost felt like i knew him even though I never met him. One of the best to do it out the bay and never once disappointed me or fell off, his music got better and better.
Its a damn shame to have to type this. When will we learn out here in Cali as a whole? Especially northern Cali, and I emphasize the bay. We can never let our own rise and shine without getting killed. At the music level and many other levels including the streets, we always hold ourselves down. Unity is almost nonexistent.
Prayers to the Jacka, his family and loved ones. We took a loss Cali.......we lost a true and real representer/representation of our streets and environment. It's sad, the irony of his death proves true the last sentence I wrote. You will be missed by many.