Tech+retirement

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2006
No matter how I feel, it seems nobody gets the shit like they should be getting it. I get frustrated.
What the fuck. I'm sorry but this sounds like a slap in the face to all the fans he DOES have right now and whining about all the mainstream/black fans he doesn't.

Nobody gets the shit? Are your current fans "nobodies"?

*awaits fanbois trying to justify his statement*

Oct 16, 2006
"No matter how I feel, it seems nobody gets the shit like they should be getting it."
Regarding his music what does this actually mean.. does it mean they don't understand his lyrical content and the words spoken are far deeper than the average listener can interpret? Does it mean that how we as fans should be getting it is through radio play and through television.. or is that select fans don't appreciate his music enough while he pours his heart out, puts out countless top quality tracks and speaks candidly about his life and people turn around and verbally bash tracks because it isn't there style or they feel it flat out sucks..

It will be a very sad day when Tech hangs up the mic.. not be able to hear new heat from him.. but if anyone deserves a rest and enjoy time with his children it's Tech.

ECF'NW.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
he isn't whining about fans he doesn't have.

he's whining about fans he WOULD have were it not for shit like payola.

he tours more than 95% of rap artists, pulls in more in sales than 95% of rap artists, spends more time away from family than most artists...

...meanwhile, an artist like Plies or Weezy can do a few shows a year while Universal or whoever is pumping huge amounts of money into getting them radio spins and video plays.

Sep 17, 2003
IMO, Tech and Strange KNOW what it is going to take to make him "huge," and unless they are willing to do that, then they may as well be happy with things as good as they are. :eyecross:

Aug 31, 2005
...meanwhile, an artist like Plies or Weezy can do a few shows a year while Universal or whoever is pumping huge amounts of money into getting them radio spins and video plays.
but those artist hustle a different way, while tech is doing all those shows those artist are networking like motherfuckers and dropping mixtapes and getting guest spots to get their name out there, and reinvesting a large portion of their indie sales into their next project and promotion for it to get to where they get signed to Universal or Def Jam

Techs made it very clear he doesnt want to take that path to get famous, he does his own thing and i respect the fuck out of him for it, but at a certain point you have to decide if you want to fight that slow uphill battle or conform and the only other option is retirement

i dont think hes gonna retire yet, he'll sit back and drop the other strange albums this year, maybe get kabosh and MLK2 out next year, and maybe after that he will drop one last album

thats just from the outside looking in though

Sep 17, 2003
I think it would help if he had a slight beef with someone that he could attack on a verse. I can only take so much of the "Industry is Punks/MTV Sucks/etc.", disses. :knockout:

Jul 2, 2008
What the fuck. I'm sorry but this sounds like a slap in the face to all the fans he DOES have right now and whining about all the mainstream/black fans he doesn't.

Jus a thought but,
what if none of us really do understand
what hes putting on the table and
have misinterpreted his stuff?

Feb 12, 2006
If you have ears most can hear what he's sayin loud and clear. Touring is where he does his most money making why wouldnt he. Thats what separates him from most hip hop artists. The way he tours just makes him more of the average worker to me, dude does his thing on stage to have a bigger audience. Anyone who does an honest days work to better your self and better your life can relate to that shit like me.

Jul 2, 2008
its not necessarily listening to the thing,
there are lots of allusions etc.
you may never really know what hes
talking about on some stuff.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah

It's called a self-deification. I'm sure you've heard him talk about it before.

Jul 2, 2008
LDS i jus want to say thank you,
your sig, jus showed me how
to spend fouth of july.
I was frazzled up until this point
but now now it will be the
best independence day ever.