Stockton Folx

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 21, 2007
nah, i kno stockton can get grimey. I went and looked at the place and drove around 4 or 5 blocks for a sec but other then that i don't know the general area because im from hayward, and the times that i peeped the scene were in the early morning hours cuz i have to work.. Im not going to go door to door to ask random people what they thought about the area.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
stockton grimey as fuck from what i hear

best time to peep a new place would be anywhere from 9 to 3 at the wee hours and see the REAL neighbors

Nov 21, 2007
^your still an idiot for going into escrow without knowing the area....hope you get shot nigga!

then u shoulda stated that..nice try though fatass.
Im not in escrow yet. have 45 dayz to close... Now kick rockz skrap.

fillyacup said:
stockton grimey as fuck from what i hear

best time to peep a new place would be anywhere from 9 to 3 at the wee hours and see the REAL neighbors
There was this show called "bait car" that i seen a little bit ago and they were out in stockton leaving those cars out for people to swoop on em. I know Stockton's grimey. But im down a small street thats not far from a lot of abandoned buisnesses and i wanted to know specifically about the amount of foot traffic that rollz through it..

Mar 18, 2003
I HEARD THEY GOT A LIL ISLAND NEAR STOCKTON THAT EVERYBODY GO GETS DRUNK N PARTY AT IN THE SUMMER... ANY TRUTH TO THIS?
Yeah. Lost Isle, it's on the Delta. I've been there a couple times. Both times I went there were only 50-75 people. The setting is cool and there are a decent (at best) number of people on an average day but they do have occasional events and that place gets crackin.

Apr 25, 2002
why dont u look up crime stats for stockton then find your neighborhood.

You should also see if any neighbors are outside and talk to them because they can give u the best info

Nov 21, 2007
Just out of curiosity, do you work in Stockton or something?
Are you moving there because it's cheap?
cheap, no doubt... I bid on about 6 or 7 different houses within a three month period in the areas between tracy, french camp, patterson, lathrop and manteca. After you head over the altamont coming into san juaquin valley the price of a house drops substantially from 100-200k down to 60-80k. The problem was that i was approved for 85k and at that price, investors have been coming in and over-bidding me by tens of thousands and sometimes come in with straight cash. ill tell you tho, this shit has been an experience... between having a bank go through your financial records with a fine tooth comb to having to pick out houses and learning about the home buying process, shit gets complicated.

Apr 25, 2002
Patience is key with how critical it is with the whole short sale negotiations. I have a few clients, that are heated cause their offers dont get accepted. Its 98-2001 all over again when future buyers are starting to overbid on properties. Good for surrounding homeowners cause the value is coming back up but putting 30k over the initial asking price. Stanislaus & San Joquin County is the most corrupt and unethical counties Ive had experience. I just dont like how they do business out there. They'll set a variable price on properties, a low asking price - to a high asking price, and if your offer is towards the low end of the purchase price they dont even look at your offer....

The best of luck tho man, right now is definitely the right time to buy....

PS To those that are looking for buying a piece a property in SF. IM listing a great opportunity for well below the asking price in the 26TH AND HARRISON area!!!!

Nov 21, 2007
Patience is key with how critical it is with the whole short sale negotiations. I have a few clients, that are heated cause their offers dont get accepted. Its 98-2001 all over again when future buyers are starting to overbid on properties. Good for surrounding homeowners cause the value is coming back up but putting 30k over the initial asking price. Stanislaus & San Joquin County is the most corrupt and unethical counties Ive had experience. I just dont like how they do business out there. They'll set a variable price on properties, a low asking price - to a high asking price, and if your offer is towards the low end of the purchase price they dont even look at your offer....

The best of luck tho man, right now is definitely the right time to buy....

PS To those that are looking for buying a piece a property in SF. IM listing a great opportunity for well below the asking price in the 26TH AND HARRISON area!!!!
I stayed away from the short sales, the first one i ever bid on was a short sale and they told me it could take months, that was in the middle of march and we still haven't heard either a yes or no on it. lol. san juaquin county was supposedly one of the worst hit during the housing crisis, and i can see it with some of these prices.. and you ain lying about the banks throwing a low ball number but not responding to the prices that even they listed.. we got sent a few notices sayin they want to re-negotiate on a couple of the prices, a lil higher then what we bidded, which was normaly 5-10k more then what they were asking... and thanks for the luck :cool: