Steroids convo

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I think medicines and PED's in sports can be a good thing in terms of sports medicine and rehabilitation and those are a good thing and advance the sport. But if they are solely used to enhance muscle and develop reflexes they otherwise could not have gained I think that would be bad for sports.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
But if they are solely used to enhance muscle and develop reflexes they otherwise could not have gained I think that would be bad for sports.
don't think there's any PED that exists that causes someone to develop additional reflexes, from what I've read that's a myth

that's why I don't really mind PED use in baseball, taking a PED doesn't all of a sudden teach someone how to hit a baseball. Granted it helps them with power causing them to hit it farther (thus making games more exciting). They still gotta know and learn how to actually hit though, which still makes these guys great players.

Contact sports like MMA, Boxing, and the NFL I'm not a fan of PED use though, cause you can actually hurt somebody with all that extra strength and power.

Props: ESCOBAR 92113

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
There was an excellent story on ESPN a few years ago about how Manny Ramierez was doing so well the season that he went from the Red Sox to the Dodgers. He absolutely murdered the ball that year. Next year after that, 50 game suspension for PED's. He was able to wait on pitches longer than the average guy because he could swing the bat faster due to fast twitch muscle fibers having been enhanced (by the sounds of it) by PED's. That's huge in baseball. Other guys on the same fastball would have to start their swing significantly sooner than he would. That's the difference between a strikeout or a homerun in baseball.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
That doesn't make sense, your hand eye coordination would have to be enhanced as well if you're waiting longer than the average batter to swing at a 90+ mile an hour fast ball that crosses the plate in .6 seconds. PED's don't make these guys Superman, I don't really see how it's humanly possible to wait longer during a time period of a half a second.

Mar 24, 2006
Steroids definitely help a hitter's bat speed. They gotta have a decent hand eye coordination for it to really show though. You can't hit what you can't see.

Props: Jaysav