Steroids convo

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I know a lot of people don't care, but with all this Braun/A-Rod suspension stuff, it seems like this steroid era has really put a stain on baseball. How do you guys feel about steroids in sports? Should they be legal? Should dudes who have been caught be suspended? Should the records that they may have set count if they were found to be on steroids?

Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
I like MLB more than ever today steroids or not. I remember 98 with big mac and sosa, that was awesome like some say. Then Barry Bonds, I still watch his highlights! Those guys supposedly used but still not too many could do what they did.

MLB has got to be the hardest sport, trying to hit a baseball coming at you atleast like 90. Then a slider, change, curve......reasons why some would cheat to gain advantage mentally, or physically.

You got the other main two sports NBA, & the NFL that are fast and maybe more entertaining to people.

I think baseball is even better today pitchers are having there great games, and guys who are supposedly hr hitters are able to have a legit season.
- the cheaters who are getting caught.

I feel bad for A-rod been watching that guy since Seattle. Always liked him kinda stopped but after all this seing him talk about his situation kinda makes me remember how it used to be.

But bottom line they should rid steriods for sure its cheating and not legit. Some guys have talent enough to have historical seasons. Its not right to be overshadowed by enhancements.
As for records man that's a hard one, you are talking about erasing BB records 1 thing I would not want to see happen. But 73 homers. Did he really do that legit? What if they did and then what where would they go back to Roger Maris, Hank Aaron?
It would make baseball interesting, w/o steriods if so its hard to see someone breaking Barrys records.

But Bonds was a once in a lifetime type of player, better than A-rod and all them....

Props: :ab:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I wonder if the pitchers are having better games lately because they are either taking steroids as well, or because it's getting harder for players to take steroids. I look at dudes like Adrien Beltre who killed the ball for 1 season with the Dodgers and damn near won the triple crown and had 48 home runs. He only played like that for one year. He's a good player but he's pretty much a 29 HR per year guy. Or guys like Melky Cabrera. Killed the ball for one year, then tests positive for roids.

Baseball is a tough sport, but the pitchers back in the day were just as good as they are today. As well as the hitters, and the sport flourished.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
But I feel you though, because that HR race with McGwire and Sosa was one of the best things that had happened to the sport at the time. The mid 90's and up, dudes were killin the ball anyways. A lot of guys had 40+ home runs. Now it's rare that anyone has over 40 it seems like.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
It's fun to watch but they ruined the record books. I actually take offense to that. Look at how many all time greats got passed by cheaters in career HRs in the last 15 year's. No way anyone would have even beaten Maris's single season record. It stood for 40 years and then three dudes break it 3 years in a row. Come on man. They need to make the penalties tougher. First time year long suspension and the team has the option to terminate the contract and second offense lifetime ban.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Another thing is its gotta be pretty easy to get away with if some of these dudes are still risking it. I mean Braun got away with it once on a technicality and then he went right back to doing it. That leads me to believe alotta people are still doing it and getting away with it. Or else he's one big dumbass mother fucker.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Has Griffey Jr. ever been implicated on steroid accusations? He hit in the 50's before if I remember correctly. I also wonder if Pujols was on roids. Seems like he obviously was at this point.

Also look at guys like Manny Ramierez. Incredible hitter, obviously on roids. Basically any guy with 500+ HR's in the last 15 years was on roids. Maybe a couple exceptions to that? That's why I have mad respect for Eddie Murray. One of the last great hitters.

Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
I was going to mention Griffey Jr. Maan who didn't remember him with Seattle.

Perfect example, smackin Homers gets traded paid & then shiit! Could not stay healthy.
Baseball does not want to even say some of the users because it would kill all the fans. I don't think we even know how many people were using and who.

Props: Coach E. No

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
It's fun to watch but they ruined the record books. I actually take offense to that. Look at how many all time greats got passed by cheaters in career HRs in the last 15 year's. No way anyone would have even beaten Maris's single season record. It stood for 40 years and then three dudes break it 3 years in a row. Come on man. They need to make the penalties tougher. First time year long suspension and the team has the option to terminate the contract and second offense lifetime ban.
Barring an epic collapse, Matt Williams would have broke it in the strike year. He had 43 with 2 months to go.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
One of the ones I was most pissed about was Clemens. I thought we were seeing the best pitcher ever, especially after that season with Houston where he finished with like a 1.81 ERA at 40 years old. That damn near ruined baseball for me.

I was already really pissed off about Eric Gagne. His season and a half was incredible with the 84 consecutive saves. He has the best stuff (no homo) I think I've ever seen.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
MLB suspensions for 12, report says

ESPN.com news services | August 5, 2013

Major League Baseball has agreed to suspension with 12 players in varying lengths for their roles in the Biogenesis case Monday, FoxSports.com has reported.

Alex Rodriguez was expected to be served with the harshest penalty, and announcement was expected later Monday.

The players confirmed to be suspended by FoxSports.com are:

• Nelson Cruz, Texas Rangers outfielder (50 games, no appeal).

• Everth Cabrera, San Diego Padres shortstop, (50 games, no appeal).

• Jhonny Peralta, Detroit Tigers shortstop (50 games, no appeal).

• Antonio Bastardo, Philadelphia Phillies reliever (50 games, no appeal).

• Jordany Valdespin, New York Mets outfielder, (50 games, no appeal).

• Francisco Cervelli, Yankees catcher. • Jesus Montero, Seattle Mariners catcher.

• Cesar Puello, New York Mets outfield prospect.

• Fautino De Los Santos, San Diego Padres pitching prospect.

• Sergio Escalona, Houston Astros pitching prospect.

• Fernando Martinez, New York Yankees outfield prospect.

• Jordan Norberto, free-agent pitcher.

Milwaukee outfielder Ryan Braun was the first player to reach an agreement with MLB on a suspension for his connection to the Biogenisis case. The 2011 NL MVP accepted a season-ending 65-game suspension last month.

The Yankees had said they expected Rodriguez to be accused of recruiting other athletes for the clinic, attempting to obstruct MLB's investigation and not being truthful with MLB in the past when he discussed his relationship with Dr. Anthony Galea, who pleaded guilty two years ago to a federal charge of bringing unapproved drugs into the United States from Canada.

Props: Coach E. No

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I was thinking about that too. He had a little more than a month and a half. He could've easily been hurt and it would be likely that he would've been pitched to less and less as the season progressed especially as teams neared possible playoff contention. It's not like he was a threat on the base paths. Perfect guy to walk, no matter who batted behind him.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
^ that doesn't mean anything. I would bet a lot of players are more ripped up or fatter than their uniforms would have you believe.

Side note, A-rod suspended 211 games. Ouch.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
where did i say he was or wasnt??? just my opinion... and i said i was with him in hawaii in street clothes or swimming on the beach, not in the dugout...

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Regulated Steroid use should be allowed in Sports. It keeps the players playing at a higher level which brings better entertainment to the fans. It also keeps them healthy for longer periods, and it helps them recover faster from minor injuries.

Instead of allowing a ton of embarrassment in the media they shoudl just legalize it like marijuana!

Props: Chree