some news

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 5, 2003
There HAS to be a DJ at ANY AND ALL hip hop concerts, WHO DO YOU THINK PLAYS THE INSTRUMENTALS? No, the beats are NOT put on cd or anything like, they are VINYL, I watched dude put the records on that SAID TECH N9NE. Naw, it wasnt the hype man, this was an actual DJ, he was behind the wheels of steal playin the vinyl instrumentals of his tracks. He wasnt even on the stage, he was behind some of the crowd in the DJ booth.

Jan 28, 2005
So is Tech just going to promote Everready through word of mouth or what?

I see nothing indicating to the world that Tech N9ne is coming out with a new CD.

Jul 5, 2003
I dont know, he might, I mean damn, his last experimental promotional endearment went really well. Lettin everyone download the entire album and people still bought it. I was one of them. Plus, everybody knows that word of mouth is THE best way to promote. Who would you rather take the opinion of? Some flyer / article / ad, or one of your folks? Me, personally, it would be one of my folks before anything else.

Sep 30, 2002
There is usually a D.J. at all shows to play music in between sets. The vinyl you saw was probably property of the D.J. However, you are wrong, I am pretty sure Tech has the show set up on an instant replay machine. 99.9% sure. No vinyl involved.

Jul 5, 2003
Really? Then why is it that after each song THAT TECH PERFORMED the DJ would flip vinyls and then music would come on? I WATCHED HIM DO THIS. There was no DJ in between sets, the music that was played in between sets was being played through the cd setup. In fact, there wasnt even a DJ at all until Critical Bill was done with thier set. I bet that the vinyls DID belong to the DJ, especially since STRANGE MUSIC WAS THE ONES WHO BROUGHT HIM ALONG WITH THEM.

Sep 30, 2002
I was simply saying in my experience, (and maybe the .01% that I thought I might be the possibility I was wrong is the case) I knew that ever since they bought the instant replay which was a while back, Tech and Corey loved the fact that they could run the whole show in succession without too much chance for human error, maybe this has changed, and maybe this is a D.J. they use on the west coast, but I haven't seen a D.J. on stage with Tech in quite some time.

Feb 10, 2005
kansascitycat said:
I haven't seen a D.J. on stage with Tech in quite some time.
same here - but i think it would be tight if they did have a live dj right behind them on stage like lots of other hip hop acts do- just makes it seem more real. Plus i like the scratchin and shit they do and it could be a tight way to spice up techs set, not that it needs it, but i like dj solos too.

Jan 24, 2006
yeh i can second on the DJ..i was at that same show...but it's not that important if he was there or not..haha..i mean...it really doesnt matter...but aye..it's what we heard yeh i was a little late on the post...but it's coo...if it doesnt come out next month everyone would say yeh...didn't think so..but if it does...people will say..hmm...nothing...because they'll be listening to the cd..either way....we are all waiting..it's been long...rumors here and there...but all in all...whether it's out next month or not..we are still gunna get that shit...

Jul 5, 2003
I know what you were sayin kansascitycat, but I was reporting what I saw and heard. I understand what you are saying tho, the first time I saw Tech back in May of 04 (which was the 2nd Sacramento Tech N9ne show), he didnt have a DJ there.

Thanx transparent_life....I appreciate you backing me up on this.

Peace and God bless.

Jun 17, 2004
www.soundclick.com
$-K-MO said:
There HAS to be a DJ at ANY AND ALL hip hop concerts, WHO DO YOU THINK PLAYS THE INSTRUMENTALS? No, the beats are NOT put on cd or anything like, they are VINYL, I watched dude put the records on that SAID TECH N9NE. Naw, it wasnt the hype man, this was an actual DJ, he was behind the wheels of steal playin the vinyl instrumentals of his tracks. He wasnt even on the stage, he was behind some of the crowd in the DJ booth.

ummmmm......no

Jun 17, 2004
www.soundclick.com
kansascitycat said:
There is usually a D.J. at all shows to play music in between sets. The vinyl you saw was probably property of the D.J. However, you are wrong, I am pretty sure Tech has the show set up on an instant replay machine. 99.9% sure. No vinyl involved.

you are correct sir

Jul 5, 2003
Ummmm....yes, because if a person is spinnin records or even just pressing a button on a machine to make the music play, they are still technically considered the DJ. Period.

Sep 30, 2002
O................K. Cory ran the show for a long time, and probably still does, why don't you ask him if he thinks he is a D.J. D.J. stands for "disc jockey" a record is a disk, a cd is a disc. An instant replay machine is not a disc. Cory handles all the audio/technical side of the shows. I have been at chapman with Tech while they put a show together, and they were NOT using vinyl at the time, but I could be wrong. Also do you know how much vinly they have with them at shows, they used to send them to D.J.'s for free.

Jul 5, 2003
Actually, the instant replay machine DOES have a disc, just like any other type of equipment that has the ability to store data. So therefore, he IS a DJ. As for the whole "D.J. stands for Disc Jockey" comment, thanks for enlightening me. Oh, and one more thing, yes I do know that they used to send them to DJ's for free. Thats a given. Just like most other artists who are signed to a label and has tracks put on the radio. O................K?

Sep 30, 2002
understand what I mean man cause you sound as if you are upset, any party d.j. can get Tech's vinyl for just shipping and handling. I wasn't speaking about radio d.j.'s either, how many radio stations do you know still spinning vinyl on a regular? Like I said ask anyone at Strange if Cory is a D.J. This is dumb, I am done with it.

Dec 5, 2005
Dude i honestly think it's going to be released on Holloween... He has like 3 or 4 more tracks to finish himself.. and the Em and Lynch song.. which he has a beat down for and everything. "Welcome To the Midwest" ft. twista is already completed.. it's pretty tyte.. i love how Krizz did some Frank Sinatra shit for the chorus.. Tech thought it wouldn't be all that great.. but once Krizz demonstrated it.. tech had nothing else to say besides "genious".