skatt & snug??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 20, 2006
i was just thinking that most of the posts i see on here about S&S are negative....i was just wanting to see what everyone thinks about skatt and snug? and also what everyone thinks of "Word On Tha Streetz".....just curious...holla

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Urban Legendz is a midwest classic, IMO. I love it.

I haven't listened to Word on the Streets.

Snug's a good dude. I've never met Scatter, but I'd imagine he's pretty cool.

Nov 7, 2006
S&S really just don't have anything to offer as rappers. Let's be real for a second. They don't really have any impressive lyrics at all, it's just simplistic rhymes. Their flow is pretty basic and follow the same rhyme structure all the time. They don't really talk about anything fresh or interesting, they just talk about the same thing any other "hood" rapper talks about. They don't even take the played out subjects they use and flip it in a clever, well written way.They really don't have a standout flow showcasing any ability to ride a beat. Only thing they have is some decent production that makes some people forget that they're listening to some talentless "rappers" who they're only listening to because their favorite rapper cosigns em. They're weak, and the only argument you could make to defend their "music" is that only "real hood niggas" can feel it but that's some bullshit. If they weren't on strange and you just heard em on the radio, most of y'all would flip flop and think ''wtf, another rapper from the streets not really saying anything''.

Now some claim gangsta rap's the CNN of the streets
But it's used as an excuse to pretend over beats

Oct 3, 2007
I would say like most Strange artists Skat n Snug are an acquired taste or maybe even more a niche market because sometimes people find them one dimensional. Obviously I like Strange and give everything they put out more attention to most and therefore more of a chance. My favorite song by them is Heart and Soul and I like both albums. I tend to enjoy the music more when I've met the artist and realize they'll cool down to earth dudes and not people who thinkin their shit don't stink or we're lucky to keep hearing their songs. Artists are lucky we as consumers exist and I think the fact that it seems Strange artists understand and appreciate that.

Sep 11, 2002
S&S really just don't have anything to offer as rappers. Let's be real for a second. They don't really have any impressive lyrics at all, it's just simplistic rhymes. Their flow is pretty basic and follow the same rhyme structure all the time. They don't really talk about anything fresh or interesting, they just talk about the same thing any other "hood" rapper talks about. They don't even take the played out subjects they use and flip it in a clever, well written way.They really don't have a standout flow showcasing any ability to ride a beat. Only thing they have is some decent production that makes some people forget that they're listening to some talentless "rappers" who they're only listening to because their favorite rapper cosigns em. They're weak, and the only argument you could make to defend their "music" is that only "real hood niggas" can feel it but that's some bullshit. If they weren't on strange and you just heard em on the radio, most of y'all would flip flop and think ''wtf, another rapper from the streets not really saying anything''.

real talk

Sep 16, 2008

Sad to say, but I agree. I copped both albums to suport strange and the artists, but Ive probably only listened to Urban Legendz three times n Word On The Streets twice.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Stop supporting people you know nothing about. That's always intrigued me how people would go out and spend their money on music they've never heard and then drop an opinion about how they don't like the artists. DUH.

It's like buying an album full of Rick Rock beats, but you're a fan of Swizz Beats style and then saying Rock isn't any good because he sounds unfamiliar to what you're use to.

Jun 9, 2007
Stop supporting people you know nothing about. That's always intrigued me how people would go out and spend their money on music they've never heard
Most people nowadays don't spend their money on it. They d/l a track or even an album, give it a chance, and if it's awful they never spend a single dime on the artists.

I will agree with you, anybody who'd buying an S&S album just because of their association with Tech is weak. But I think that's a vast minority.

S&S album sales prove that.