Sir Mix-A-Lot's SUCCESSOR?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2004
I'ma put my 2cents in and I aint even from the NW, and have never been to The Sea-town or WA and have never heard any other artist besides Mix and his crew. But I do know I love Sir Mix A Lot and that would be dope if somebody could remake one of his hits and HE Himself co-signed the shit, I think it would pop. Mix had "and hopefully still does"have swagger and personality. I always wondered why he aint try to keep it movin like L.L., Too Short, Dr Dre, or even Icecube cuz they all from the same era. What is Mix doin these days? What ever happened to Kid Sensation and Maharaji (thats how it sounds)

Apr 6, 2006
mafiaqueen said:
I'ma put my 2cents in and I aint even from the NW, and have never been to The Sea-town or WA and have never heard any other artist besides Mix and his crew. But I do know I love Sir Mix A Lot and that would be dope if somebody could remake one of his hits and HE Himself co-signed the shit, I think it would pop. Mix had "and hopefully still does"have swagger and personality. I always wondered why he aint try to keep it movin like L.L., Too Short, Dr Dre, or even Icecube cuz they all from the same era. What is Mix doin these days? What ever happened to Kid Sensation and Maharaji (thats how it sounds)

You on your shit, Queen. I like that. And you're absolutely right about updatin some Mix-A-Lot CLASSIC SHIT. I mean, and have him intro the shit...blessin it somethin serious. I was tryna go that route, but THE MAJORITY of NW niccas aint seein that shit! Thats fucked up, cause its INSTANT spins...period.

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
mafiaqueen said:
well forty redid a possie on broadway on his charlie huslte cd,..take a look at that

those other cats had some thing that mix did not,..and that is a "better record label",..from what i remember from interviews,.....they saw it as wow big butts sold good!,..now lets put out put them on the glass and everyone saw it and did not like it,...it was over doing it and if i'm not wrong the next singlw what "jump on it....i got it for 0.79 on cleareance at target,...

and as far as today he has a cummfy life with the get this,..he now fixes transmiters for like c.b's and that kinda chit,..he still will perform around here last i saw he was really feeling the vibe when he strated to work with the rock band prez of the u.s.a. b.g's can laff all they want but i still like the song they did about eating peaches,....,..my info is like 2years old,....any more updates that someone else will know?

Apr 6, 2006
Im hearin that Poke. But that aint the only hit that Mix got...check the catalog. And Juvenile new shit gotta Mix sample on one of them songs that I CANT BE THE ONLY NICCA THAT NOTICED IT.

-TFE-

Apr 14, 2003
"Gonna move into the country, and eat me a lotta peachez"

Im workin on a mixtape right now if anyone's interested in throwin some songs on there or collabin'

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
MrSniccrs said:
Im hearin that Poke. But that aint the only hit that Mix got...check the catalog. And Juvenile new shit gotta Mix sample on one of them songs that I CANT BE THE ONLY NICCA THAT NOTICED IT.

-TFE-
ohhhhhhhhh chit you know i'm an old fart i still member watching a show back home and word play his old videos,..hella cheap looking buyt i loved them,...i slaped all his musci and yes there was pleanty of hits in my book,...but the focus of my post was"as he was pop star and what was the factors of not holding on" to that for our friend who was asking about where is he now,....

and as far as mix "blessing a track",....
i'm sure he would have a good chance on e-40's "big balling wiff my homies"...maybe he's like "why? i'm already getting paid from bmi or ascap,...so why put in more labor?" but only he has the real answer,...

hay siccor,...you get that pm?

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
MrSniccrs said:
Cant be Mr. DOG...Cool Nutz either. They both widely respected, but not commercially accepted Nationwide.
I'm liable to agree on Cool Nutz, as far as nationwide appeal goes; but the man is very capable of selling 25K regionally with a solid structure in place. He could easily Godfather a movement.

Mr DOG i disagree with you on. The man has shifted to the use of more multi-syllables, and if he keeps it up, his whole game will do nothing but improve.

If both of them came together--and I don't mean just on-paper, but giving a full effort--it would be lights out. My only fear is that such an album would take 3 years and 5 fallen-through Distro and "____ Presents" situations before the album would drop, rather than a semi-solid 3-4 month quick release.

Apr 6, 2006
Dirty Shoez said:
I'm liable to agree on Cool Nutz, as far as nationwide appeal goes; but the man is very capable of selling 25K regionally with a solid structure in place. He could easily Godfather a movement.

Mr DOG i disagree with you on. The man has shifted to the use of more multi-syllables, and if he keeps it up, his whole game will do nothing but improve.

If both of them came together--and I don't mean just on-paper, but giving a full effort--it would be lights out. My only fear is that such an album would take 3 years and 5 fallen-through Distro and "____ Presents" situations before the album would drop, rather than a semi-solid 3-4 month quick release.
Point taken. But the reason why I say not either because we want a headstart. Mix is the only nicca that can give us that kickstart we need. (Like E-40 breathin the Bay back into the lime-light).

As far as them TOGETHER...I wouldnt want to bump into the issue of fallen-thru projects and all that nonsense. Its not fair to either of them...but it would definately build both of their fanbases with a collab.

I dunno, man. I dont pretend to have the answer, but the seed is in one of us here in the NW and its gonna be unconsciously planted...soon.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
The seed is in plenty of us. The PROBLEM is the "It's eventually going to happen" mentality. There is nothing about this region that DEMANDS or REQUIRES that we have a Superstar. It is unnecessary in the first place. It's like people in Sweden wondering why they don't have world-class Marathon Runners.

You have people running around paying $1,000 for beats, and hundreds of dollars (or more) for verses, and the only thing they ever get out of it is some false sense of achievement, as if any time now they're going to be phoned up, and praised, and congratulated, and have their back patted, and be signed on the spot with a million dollar signing bonus.

"You gotta spend money to make money".....Sure. But only a fucking idiot would spend 7 or 8 thousand on an album only to sell 1-2K copies.

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
MrSniccrs said:
Point taken. But the reason why I say not either because we want a headstart. Mix is the only nicca that can give us that kickstart we need. (Like E-40 breathin the Bay back into the lime-light).

As far as them TOGETHER...I wouldnt want to bump into the issue of fallen-thru projects and all that nonsense. Its not fair to either of them...but it would definately build both of their fanbases with a collab.

I dunno, man. I dont pretend to have the answer, but the seed is in one of us here in the NW and its gonna be unconsciously planted...soon.
I HEAR YOU KID WIFF A GOOD HEAD UNDER HIS BILL, BUT I ASK YOU 2 THINGS,...ONE WATER AND MIX HAD A FEW THINGS THAT SEPERATE THEM,..WATER WENT FOR THE SLOW NICKLE, MIX GOT THE QUICK BUCK
MIX WITH ALL DUE RESPECT BECAME MORE OR LESS AN EMPLOYEE OF THE ART, WATER WAS NOT ONLY AT THE COUNTER BUT WAS ALSO IN THE BACK COUNTING THE "D.S.R." WATER HAD A FEW THINGS MORE THEN MIX AS FAR AS HAVING TTHE SUPURT OF BEING IN A GROUP, MIX HAD HIS POSSIE ON BWAY,..BUT I'M NOT KNOWING ABOUT ANY GROUP,..LACE ME IF YOU KNOW THIS? AND ON TOP OF IT,..EVEN THO MIX CAME OUT INDIE FIRST (OR JUST A LIL BIT BEFORE EVEN?) WATER STAYED INDIE, AND MAXIMIZED IT MORE SO AS A PART OF A MOVEMENT,..MIX,..HAY HE MADE HIS MARK,..BUT NOT WITH THE OTHER FACTORS WATER HAD

AND 2
COOL AND DOG BEEN DOING TRACKS TOGETHER
IF I REMENER RIGHT EVEN ON A BIZ LEVEL NOT JUST BUY MY VERES AND I'LL BY YOURS,..WE TALKING CATALOGS

HAY I'MA SAY SOMETHING SIC,..I LIKE THIS CAT,..YOU CAN DISAGREE WITH HIM,..BUT HE REMAN'S COLLECTED LIK E THE I.R.S!

STAY'S OPPIMISTIC,...KEEP THE MIND FRAME,..MAN,....
,..WHAT GOING ON 6 YEARS NOW?

Apr 6, 2006
So...with all that being said. Whats the chances of workin towards a common goal: THE UPRISING OF THE NORTHWESS???

Im not gonna wait for the next man to open the door for me. My shit has a commercial sound (and though Im knocked for it at times-its to my benefit). I dont sound like a barbershop rapper, yuhdig?! And Im extended a hand of courtesy to other niccas that wanna see what I wanna see in the near future.

I've linked with a few niccas off this site alone, but thats not enough.

MrSniccrs on behalf of
Team Fa Evergreen.

Apr 6, 2006
I feel that. Team Fa Evergreen gon be deep! And depending on the niccas thats down, we can commission a frontman. Not in the sense of a group, but in a sense of Prioritizin our goals and ambitions.