Siccness producer beat battle 2013 ???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
cant forget the first ever Siccess beat champ Equiv_Exchange @Equiv_Exchange , count him in too

and it has to be anonymous, any identification whatsoever would ruin the battle (friends voting for friends, etc.)

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
cant forget the first ever Siccess beat champ Equiv_Exchange @Equiv_Exchange , count him in too

and it has to be anonymous, any identification whatsoever would ruin the battle (friends voting for friends, etc.)
there were hella battles before you homie....

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I understand both points... like some producer work different rates and video would be boring. On the flip side of it, its more entertaining for youtube purposes, and like most rap battles its sort of on the spot of how well you do - yea there's pre-planning, but really its how you do it live. Def would need a time limit, but then that would diminish quality. So are we voting on masterpieces or on the fly rough sketches?

people would just tell there friends what beat is theirs before they vote lol.. anonymous wont keep that from happening .
true, but it would limit some popularity votes. Like if E-low was in it, and I knew it was his beat - I wouldn't vote for him even if it was good. Cause I think he is a spazz.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
there were hella battles before you homie....
i'm not talking about those homie, i'm talking about the first official one that the Siccness had in 09. heres the thread i made about it, for some strange reason the original link to the battle got replaced with an icandy link (lol):

http://www.siccness.net/vb/f5/winne...cer-contest-=-equivalent-exchange-276928.html

yeah good point about people telling their friends before voting, but name recognition would also allow fans of producers to place votes for a contestant for knowing them rather than the quality of the beat itself.

and i just read want Nato posted, that too.

bottom line: the contest should be set up the way it was in 09.

Apr 25, 2002
someone non bias should make a sample pack for all to use. even if its just some free shit from the net. that way if its Live, then its really Live. cats be sittin on sounds and ideas and they're gonna try to come off like its really some freestyle shit.

I agree that not all producers work at the same pace. but if they all have the same sounds to pick through, no one really has the upper hand.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
i'm not talking about those homie, i'm talking about the first official one that the Siccness had in 09. heres the thread i made about it, for some strange reason the original link to the battle got replaced with an icandy link (lol):

http://www.siccness.net/vb/f5/winne...cer-contest-=-equivalent-exchange-276928.html

yeah good point about people telling their friends before voting, but name recognition would also allow fans of producers to place votes for a contestant for knowing them rather than the quality of the beat itself.

and i just read want Nato posted, that too.

bottom line: the contest should be set up the way it was in 09.
09 wasn't the first one tho bruh.
There was one in 05, don't know who won that
Then another one and I do believe dski won that one
Then the one in 09.

Last edited:
Props: BASEDVATO
Apr 25, 2002
well i'll be damned Rasan - i thought there were some minor ones in the beat forum or whatever before that but didn't realize there were official ones before the 09 one. Slapmaster good sir you were correct.

i still say it should be anonymous though!

oh and sample packs were level the playing field a little too much. a common musical sample like last time would be best, or that and a specific concept or tempo or something. not to mention the fact that if shitty sample packs were provided they would affect the quality of the beats.

Last edited:
Props: BASEDVATO

Filthy_Rich

My fit cost a rack
Oct 22, 2003
www.officialxraided.com
I vote just keep it anonymous and have theme rounds. I don't like the sample idea because not everyone uses samples like that. If i was goinf to whip up a fast beat i would do it all on a keyboard and none of my boards have a sampler. I like the video idea but only to prove the beats are real and fresh. The down side, to me, is that identification of the producer could sway the vote. Also, all things equal, regular folk would probably vote for a hardware producer over someone using FL or Reason. Honor system probably best.

Side note: do people still use Reason? I remember when black people first started using it and they all called it "Reasons." Lol.

Props: Chree

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I vote just keep it anonymous and have theme rounds. I don't like the sample idea because not everyone uses samples like that. If i was goinf to whip up a fast beat i would do it all on a keyboard and none of my boards have a sampler. I like the video idea but only to prove the beats are real and fresh. The down side, to me, is that identification of the producer could sway the vote. Also, all things equal, regular folk would probably vote for a hardware producer over someone using FL or Reason. Honor system probably best.

Side note: do people still use Reason? I remember when black people first started using it and they all called it "Reasons." Lol.
I'm black and never called it reasons.