Sherlock Holmes - The Movie 2009

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
^ Yes.

And I dug the hell out of this movie, but I've always been a big fan of Richie's film stylization, so take that for what you will.

The story was very intriguing aside from the cool effects and slow-mo breakdowns of certain scenes.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
I just finished this a minute ago. And i guess we can prepare for a sequal (if it does good at the box office) which i probably won't watch.

Why not use The final Problem or the Valley of fear as a blueprint, or any good Doyle story, for that matter? Why not include Holmes greatest antagonist for real? Just put Moriarty in the goddman movie, not just mention him in the end and hope that enough money is made to film a sequal (I know Moriarty only physically appears in the two Doyle stories mentioned above, but still).The entire plot seemed kind of ridiculous and rushed in the end.
Imo it was an o.k. action flick, but a bad movie about Sherlock Holmes.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
^^I don't know for sure if another one is coming out, but it seems plausible because the rare occasions where Moriarty appears (The Professor with the little gun in the carriage at the beginning of the movie) make a good cliffhanger for a sequel. I just wish they would have given him a little more shine in this one.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
havent seen this one but i could have sworn i heard that it was totally different movie. one was supposed to be litehearted the other darker, more of a mystery. mauybe i'm high

Nov 7, 2002
so whats the news on that other one coming out? i coulndt find any info

^^I don't know for sure if another one is coming out, but it seems plausible because the rare occasions where Moriarty appears (The Professor with the little gun in the carriage at the beginning of the movie) make a good cliffhanger for a sequel. I just wish they would have given him a little more shine in this one.

No NEWS yet, I guess, but the did set it up perfectly for the next one.
Looking forward to it.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
No NEWS yet, I guess, but the did set it up perfectly for the next one.
Looking forward to it.
let me try and find the article but it said two DIFFERENT movies. totally different. like remember when armagedon came uut then deep impact around the same time? something like that