Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
Seattle needs to work on that D, and by cuttin or trading lofa, they aren't improving by any means. They actually make that D worse without him. Although he has been injured the last couple of years n hasnt really played at the level he can play at but still even a 70% lofa still better than any LB they got...

Bad move if u ask me....
Nope, we still have David Hawthorne, and he is damn good. We just need to work on our CB's

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
No we dont talk that often rearry, I just dropped him a line last night when I heard about what might go down and he hit me back this morning. Honestly, i'd like to see him retire and just enjoy his health, his money, and his family and not subject himself to any more punishment but if he does continue to play I think it'd be cool for him to get on in New England. Anyway, realest athlete ive ever met by far, wish him nothin but the best obviously
That's dope man. Good shit.

Feb 14, 2004
Looks like we have Wes Byrum(K), and re-signed Brandon Coutu(K). Lost Chris Spencer(C) to the Bears. So that covers it up for kicker. Wonder who's going to win the starting job?

And I heard that we re-signed Kelly Jennings, too??? WTF?! We cut Tatupu, and re-sign this dink Jennings?

Feb 14, 2004
Osi Umenyiora to the Seahawks?

I'm packing for my training camp trip, which starts with the Redskins, while Ohm is slugging it out down the road at Giants training camp. What he's got for us this afternoon is as follows:

Osi Umenyiora has met with New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese, a talk in which coach Tom Coughlin said he believes progress was made.

Umenyiora is seeking a new contract or a trade to a team that will give him a raise. He has two years and a total of $8 million remaining on his contract.

"Osi and Jerry had a chance to talk and I think that was something good that came out of that," Coughlin said.

Coughlin goes on to suggest that Umenyiora likely won't practice tonight but says it might have something to do with his hip rather than his contract. The skeptic in me bets a new contract would clear that hip problem right up, but what do I know?

John Clayton wrote on Twitter earlier today that Umenyiora wants to be traded to the Seahawks. I have no doubt whatsoever that John is correct, but I have grave doubts that the Giants are sitting there dying to give Umenyiora what he wants after he called Reese a liar in a sworn affidavit in the antitrust suit the players filed against the league in March to try to stop the lockout.

Right now for Reese, Umenyiora is like a toothache that just popped up while he was dealing with a headache and a stomachache. The Giants don't need to be dealing right now with the unjustified grumblings of a player who has two years left on his deal when they're already having a hard time re-signing Ahmad Bradshaw, Kevin Boss and Steve Smith to new deals. If I were Reese, and Umenyiora walked into my office Saturday to clear the air, I'd probably have told him to stop bothering me until I was done trying to make the team whole by bringing back guys who have no contracts.

I have no idea if the Giants want or plan to re-do Umenyiora's deal once they're done with their more pressing business. Personally, I don't see what leg he has to stand on. But even if they do plan to give him what he wants, how is he helping matters by making himself such a pain while they have so many other concerns to deal with just to get a competitive team on the field?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/29043/your-sunday-osi-umenyiora-update

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Hmmm why Seattle? I mean shit, I know PA is LOADED(trust me I would know, I'm a blazer fan lol) n is willing to give Osi a nice contract but I just don't get it, Seattle out of all places... He have any connection wit the organization at all? Former coach? Exec? Is he even from the westcoast/northwest?

This aint on some hateful shit either by tryna down the city of Seattle or anything like that, but is it just me that finds it odd or random so to say when dude plays in NY his entire NFL carerer up to date n his first option is supposedly Seattle? And this comin from a pretty reliable source in JC, who looks more like an owner of geeksquad/dorky ass nerd than reporter but reliable nonetheless.

Feb 14, 2004
He's not with the team yet. Still a NY Giant. I agree, he's a great DE. He's only 29. Definitely would be a great addition to Seattle if they got him, though.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Free agent TE Zach Miller is reportedly visiting the Seahawks on Monday.
Seattle just did Miller's agent a favor, creating a bit of leverage in talks with the Raiders. It's also an indictment of John Carlson, who was once widely regarded as a promising young tight end. Carlson's Dynasty value is in the tank after a career-low 318 yards last season.

Feb 14, 2004
Eye on: Beast Mode

When it comes to Marshawn Lynch’s “Beast Mode” style, the eyes have it.

The Seahawks’ leading rusher last season will put his style where his eye-black is this season, by wearing “BeastMode” patches under each eye.

“I am excited to be partnering with EyeBlack.com and can’t wait for athletes and fans to experience their own version of ‘BeastMode,’ ” Lynch said in the release to announce the partnership.

EyeBlack.com, which bills itself as the official eye-black of athletes and fans, offers latex-free, medical-grade tape that is safe, tested and allows the skin to breathe.

Lynch, of course, became a favorite of the 12th Man last season after being acquired in a trade with the Buffalo Bills. He took his “Beast Mode” style to a national level during the Seahawks’ wild-card playoff game against the New Orleans Saints at then-Qwest Field when his electrifying 67-yard TD run iced the upset victory – and triggered seismic activity in the area during the eruptive celebration.

“Football is an extremely aggressive game, especially at the level for which Marshawn plays, and the intensity and toughness of the sport fit with the attributes of EyeBlack.com,” Peter Beveridge, president of EyeBlack.com, said in the release. “Busting through the line of scrimmage requires a fearless mentality and demonstrates an intimidation factor that personifies the ‘EyeBlack.com Revolution.’ Not to mention, Marshawn’s run in the playoffs symbolizes that EyeBlack.com mentality of never giving up.”

http://blog.seahawks.com/2011/08/01/eye-on-beast-mode/

Feb 14, 2004
Free agent TE Zach Miller is reportedly visiting the Seahawks on Monday.
Seattle just did Miller's agent a favor, creating a bit of leverage in talks with the Raiders. It's also an indictment of John Carlson, who was once widely regarded as a promising young tight end. Carlson's Dynasty value is in the tank after a career-low 318 yards last season.
After some faggot raiders fan was talking shit about my team, I hope Seattle signs Zach Miller just to spite him lol

Feb 14, 2004
Seahawks nab Zach Miller

"The Seahawks have reached an agreement with Oakland Raiders tight end Zach Miller, a source told ESPN.com.

NFL Transactions Analysis
ESPN.com's division bloggers react to all the big NFL free-agent signings and trades throughout the frenzied post-lockout period. Blog

• Insider: Instant analysis
• Scouts Inc.: Free-agent tracker

The 25-year-old Miller has led the Raiders in receiving each of the past three seasons.

He had 60 catches for 685 yards and five touchdowns last season and was selected to the Pro Bowl as an alternate.

Miller has 226 catches for 2,712 yards and 12 touchdowns in his career. He is third on the Raiders' list for receptions by tight ends, trailing Todd Christensen (461) and Dave Casper (255).

Miller joined the Raiders as a second-round pick out of Arizona State in 2007.

Information from ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton, ESPN.com's Mike Sando and The Associated Press was used in this report."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...ct-source-says