Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Seahawks are now pursuing free agent OLB Travis LaBoy.
The Sacramento Bee reports that the Chargers are still in the lead. Seattle has apparently passed the 49ers in terms of interest, but they're still running second to San Diego. LaBoy's best fit would be with old pal Greg Manusky.

Feb 14, 2004
Seattle, 1st-round pick James Carpenter reach deal

RENTON, Wash. (AP) — The Seattle Seahawks have reached a deal with first-round pick James Carpenter, who was taken 25th overall in the April draft.

The team announced Carpenter's deal on Friday morning. They also announced having agreed to terms with linebacker Leroy Hill, bringing Hill back for a seventh season with the Seahawks.

Carpenter is projected to be Seattle's starting right tackle after being selected out of Alabama. Seattle now has eight of nine draft picks signed, the lone remaining unsigned pick being third-round selection John Moffitt.

Hill missed most of last season with an Achilles' injury.

Seattle also announced it has released offensive linemen Stacy Andrews and Chris White, defensive tackle Barrett Moen, linebacker Joe Pawelek and defensive back James Brindley.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/art...d-pick-James-Carpenter-reach-deal-1639576.php

Feb 14, 2004
Carroll: Jackson the starter

Tarvaris Jackson will be the Seahawks’ starting quarterback, coach Pete Carroll announced after this morning practice at the team’s training camp.

Carroll normally stresses competition at every position, but he said the unique circumstances of this offseason and Jackson’s familiarity with the offense being installed by new coordinator Darrell Bevell make Jackson the obvious choice over incumbent backup Charlie Whitehurst.

“This entire program has always been about competition,” Carroll said. “But in this situation, I think to make it the most competitive for our team, Tarvaris needs to be our starter right now.”

Jackson, who played the past five seasons with the Vikings, just signed with the Seahawks on Friday and was a spectator for this morning’s practice because of a rule that prevent free agents from practicing until Aug. 4.

But Carroll said the plan is that Jackson will start the Aug. 11 preseason opener in San Diego against the Chargers, as well as the Sept. 11 regular-season opener against the 49ers in San Francisco.

Carroll also said that just re-signed Brandon Mebane will move to nose tackle and be replaced at the three-technique tackle spot by just-signed Alan Branch. Colin Cole, the incumbent starter at nose tackle, is recovering from ankle surgery.

http://blog.seahawks.com/2011/07/30/carroll-jackson-the-starter/

Dec 3, 2005
Got an email from Lofa earlier today:

"Yes its official. I don't want to go, and i actually wanted to accept the pay cut but they said they couldnt garauntee id still be on the team. Dont believe what the papers are saying. I tried to work something out. I love this city! Take care!"

Sad day, hope he gets on somewhere else or just enjoys his money and his family, either way he's a good dude ill still be rooting for him

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Seattle needs to work on that D, and by cuttin or trading lofa, they aren't improving by any means. They actually make that D worse without him. Although he has been injured the last couple of years n hasnt really played at the level he can play at but still even a 70% lofa still better than any LB they got...

Bad move if u ask me....

Dec 3, 2005
No we dont talk that often rearry, I just dropped him a line last night when I heard about what might go down and he hit me back this morning. Honestly, i'd like to see him retire and just enjoy his health, his money, and his family and not subject himself to any more punishment but if he does continue to play I think it'd be cool for him to get on in New England. Anyway, realest athlete ive ever met by far, wish him nothin but the best obviously