Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Ahtyba Rubin going to Seahawks

Former Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin has agreed to a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks, the team confirmed.

The deal, which includes a $1 million signing bonus, is worth up to $3.1 million, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan.

Rubin, 28, had been a valuable member of the Browns' defense for seven seasons, when he had 375 tackles and 12 sacks.

The numbers won't jump off the page, but Rubin spent much of his career playing inside in the 3-4, where big stats are tough to achieve. His value came in coach Mike Pettine saying last training camp that Rubin had the best technique for a nose tackle of anyone he'd coached.

Rubin's strength is his effort. He goes all-out on all plays, and often chased backs or receivers 15 or 20 yards downfield.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Seahawks sign LS Clint Gresham to three-year deal

The Seahawks have locked up their incumbent long-snapper for another three seasons.

Clint Gresham, who has handled the snapping for Seattle since 2010, has signed a three-year deal with the club, he announced on Instagram Friday. Gresham was an unrestricted free agent.

According to Curtis Crabtree of PFT and KJR Sports Radio in Seattle, Gresham’s contract is for $2.705 million and includes a $300,000 signing bonus.

The 28-year-old Gresham played collegiately at TCU. He had a short stint with New Orleans as an undrafted free agent before signing with Seattle in 2010.

May 9, 2002
Why not keep both on the team, then?
I dont think they are getting rid of Mebane...he is probably still recovering from his injury and wont be ready is the way i took it. He may start the season on the PUP list.

Also, Kevin Williams is a FA...so i think its more of replacing him than anything.

Last edited:

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Report: Seahawks, Wilson “very close” to a new deal

The Seahawks have increased Marshawn Lynch’s compensation to $12 million in 2015. They’ve also traded for Jimmy Graham, who’ll get $27 million over three years despite never playing a down for the team. Meanwhile, quarterback Russell Wilson continues to operate under a slotted third-round rookie deal that in comparison pays him peanuts.

That soon could change.

Terry Blount of ESPN.com, while appearing on 710 ESPN in Seattle, said that a deal between the Seahawks and Wilson could be coming.

“From what I’ve been told they’re very close, they’re just trying to make sure every single thing is in place before they go forward with this,” Blount said. “I think it’s going to be bigger and crazier and different from what any contract has ever been.”

There has been plenty of speculation that the Seahawks are considering a fully-guaranteed contract for Wilson that would keep the cap burden lower while also ensuring he’ll get every penny. This would require owner Paul Allen to fully fund the future guarantees at signing, but that’s something he easily can afford to do.

The Seahawks would have to be willing to assume the risk of career-ending injury. And they’d have to assume the risk of ineffectiveness. Most importantly, the team would be assuming the risk of non-career-ending injury leading to ineffectiveness.

Case in point: Robert Griffin III. His torn ACL didn’t end his career, but it changed his career to the point where Washington may not pick up the fifth-year option on his rookie contract in May. A similar injury to Wilson wouldn’t end his career but it could significantly diminish his skills. Then what would the Seahawks and their “always compete” approach do with a guy into whom so much money has been invested?

However they do it, the time has come to reward Russell Wilson. The challenge will be determining the right amount and the right structure — especially since some would say the jury is still out on his overall passing skills.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
C.J. Wilson to visit Seahawks

Defensive end Greg Hardy planned to visit the Seahawks, and then he signed with the Cowboys. A slightly less famous (and notorious) defensive end will be visiting the Seahawks instead.

Per a league source, Raiders defensive end C.J. Wilson will visit Seattle in the coming week. A seventh-round pick of the Packers in 2010, he signed a one-year deal with the Raiders in 2014.

He appeared in 16 games last season, tying a career high with seven starts. And his two sacks for the season included a sack of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Which the Seahawks could use if they meet New England again in the Super Bowl.

Nov 24, 2003
I dont think they are getting rid of Mebane...he is probably still recovering from his injury and wont be ready is the way i took it. He may start the season on the PUP list.

Also, Kevin Williams is a FA...so i think its more of replacing him than anything.

Yeah its definitely not guaranteed they cut Membane, but like you said Ahtyba Rubin is very similar to Mebane for half the money so there were a lot rumors Mebane would be cap casualty.

Also Kevin Williams played well last year so I wouldn't be surprised to see him back on another 1 year deal.

Between Ahtyba Rubin, Jordan Hill, Tony McDaniel I am feeling good about our line. Keeping Mebane or bringing back Kevin Williams would just be bonuses.

May 9, 2002
C.J. Wilson to visit Seahawks

Defensive end Greg Hardy planned to visit the Seahawks, and then he signed with the Cowboys. A slightly less famous (and notorious) defensive end will be visiting the Seahawks instead.

Per a league source, Raiders defensive end C.J. Wilson will visit Seattle in the coming week. A seventh-round pick of the Packers in 2010, he signed a one-year deal with the Raiders in 2014.

He appeared in 16 games last season, tying a career high with seven starts. And his two sacks for the season included a sack of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Which the Seahawks could use if they meet New England again in the Super Bowl.
Sounds like CJ could fill the void Schoefield left (still not happy about that one), but seems like an inside guy here...unless they want to bring back the red Bryant position.

Feb 14, 2004
Seattle Seahawks @Seahawks
·
2015 Seahawk #NFLDraft (Round-Pick-Overall)

2-31-63
3-31-95
4-13-112
4-31-130
4-35-134
5-31-167
5-34-170
6-5-180
6-34-209
6-39-214
7-31-248

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
Packers defensive tackle Letroy Guion visits the Seahawks

Now that the criminal charges against him are gone, Letroy Guion is looking for a way to replace the change which he hasn’t recovered yet.

And that might mean a change of address.

Via Adam, Caplan of ESPN, Guion visited the Seahawks yesterday. There’s still some interest from the Packers, but it’s interesting that his first contact was from the Northwest.

The Seahawks have been active looking for depth on the defensive line this offseason, and Guion would give them an opportunity to get younger and better in the middle.

Guion was arrested in February in Florida on gun and drug charges, but those went away as a first time offender, after he agreed to pay a $5,000 fine.