San Francisco Rap scene

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2005
SAV'D OUTT said:
i mean we got quinn, who'z the headliner right now, u got mess, u got Jt, Guce, but they aint hyphy rappers they gangsta rappers, its like they have to make a hyphy song or be signed to blackwallstreet like ya boy to get noticed
Crunk opened up doors for other southern artists. It has to start some where. Mike Jones, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Lil FLip and T.I. just to name a few aren't crunk artists. But the exposure came around to them. The south blew up as a whole, but the crunk sound take over the air waves.

Just let this hyphy shit kick the doors down for other bay area artists. Just because they aren't hyphy rappers doesn't mean they won't be collaborating with hyphy artists and making tracks. Once listeners understand that these rappers are from the Bay- people will look more into Bay Area artists. As of now the Bay Area is blowing up as a whole with the focus of the hyphy sound.

It's only a matter of time.

Nov 20, 2005
DubbC415 said:
^^edit: at Wattsup, thats great.

people need to shut the fuck up about "Frisco" not joining the hyphy movment. if theres a split its created by the fans, not by the artists.

and just cuz people dont think theres nothing goin on in the sco lately is just cuz maybe theyre not doin what everyone wants them to or maybe u cats are just lookin to hard in the SAME PLACE, i.e. Hyphyville.

on that note, go cop-

quinn-the rock
bailey's new album
willie hen's album with scarface
messy marv and quinn-explosive mode 2
nickatina and equipto-horns and halos 3
the messcaleen mixtapes

etc. etc.
couldn't have said it better myself.

~k.

Jan 22, 2006
Quinn is tight as fukk.........but everybody and they grandma has their own opinion......Quinn been lacin tracks for almost 15 years now.......a str8 veteran.....the sco is doin fine.....Quinn, Bailey, Ya Boy, Don Toriano, Big Rich, Andre Nickatina, Messy Marv, Equipto.....the sco definitely has its place in the mix ......."FRISCO STand UP!"

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
SAV'D OUTT said:
what about yuk, balance, e-a-ski,too short thats oakland buddy-----bavgate.....
My bad they do they thang... but it's obvious I forgot em... becuz I don't got em. To me... EA-Ski's a producer, Bavgate... ummmm, Balance I haven't got a real dose of yet, and I aint been interested in Yuk since his mouthpeice been on Million Dollar niggas nuts! Don't get it twisted... Yuk's a beast, but the Albulation came out in 1999 and just went gold last Febuary. Game=5million + 50 Cent= 10million....... see where the lack of focus is. Still grinding from the city streets with out major deals.... The City is on fire right now and they got more lined up. Oh and my bad... Messy Marv grit'n it too.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
LEvakaM510 said:
been on million dollar niggas nuts?
you know what I mean... All the beef shit is getting played and aint getting nobody any extra attention when it comes to sales. I wanna hear Yuk spit like he always does... but if I hear another "un-recognised" diss track, I'm not interested. Wasting good bars on them niggas when he could be making hot tracks is waste of time to the consumers. It aint Pac & BIG, and BIG tryna be cool about it so it's no problems. It's more like Jay-Z & Jayo Felony, with Jay not giving any attention to Jayo to help boost his career. Yuk is one of my fav's... and I hate to see him waste his talent on a battle where he's throwing dirt rocks at a tank.

Sep 27, 2005
who exactly is "ridin Quinns bac"?
tha whole sco right now, aint heard from mess in a minute, that nigga mess wac to me now too, nigga fell off, his last few albums is garbage, only place cellski makin noise is on this website, other then that............... :/

Feb 9, 2005
WattsUp said:
Grape Street Los Angeles, CA wuz around way before tha gay area rappin bout grapes....
"gay area"???????

go and "crip walk" back to the Socal board...

stick to the "colors" and "set trippin" raps...

Sep 27, 2005
i better go "turf dance" bac to tha socal board too huh? since that shit came from pop-locking which started in LA, better take my white t with me too
set trippin aint that wut ya'll in tha sco rappin bout too? dont get clowned like these other niggaz

bay niggaz poppin shit first so i clowned, now ya'll got a problem i gives a fuc