rock the bells....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
fuck if I know....them shits were expensive tho.....I needed someone to cash me out so I can hit up The Green Door canibus club before i go into the event

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i went, it was pretty interesting

wu tangs set was hella bootsy to me because 2-3 of the mics had like...no volume whatsoever and rae or mastakilla would be doing their verse and you couldnt hear a god damn thing.

both talib kweli and mos def impressed me

and why the FUCK did i see huey walking around, much less with no jewelery on?

it was actually worth it just to see rza and ghostface in the flesh, they were pretty much mythological figures only seen on tv until then

70 dollar tickets to get in though that shit is CRAZY

plus 10 dollar beers! 10 fucking dollars!
im glad i atleast snuck in remy martin beforehand or that woulda been a bad night..and technically money wise it was...but i guess the bittersweet experience makes up for 200 bucks spent

Apr 25, 2002
I've seen nearly all the Wu in concert at various times (never RZA or U God). The only ones that impressed me were Meth and GZA (and he still wasn't that great).

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I've seen old dirty in concert, as well as ghostface.....ghost brought out rae, cappadonna & rza tho.....slick rick was also at that show, so there was HELLA FUCKING GOLD on stage.....I've bought tickets for a few cancelled wu show's tho....

so wussup dubbc? you tryin to cop my tickets?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
every rock the bells has a different lineup from what ive seen..

pe, epmd, nor flav were there...unless wu brought them out as suprise guests and i missed it...

cypress hill was there....they rocked it..they were the highlight of the show..
more so than wu due to the dead mics on sme of the clan members..

raekwon was fucking shining...hes the only one that was, really iced down that night...dudes diamonds was killing me from the back row

Mar 4, 2006
Im debating if I should go to the Frisco show this weekend. I really just want to see Wu Tang, Immortal Tech, and Nas. I didnt know BlackStar was on the lineup. Like to see them too. There's just a lot of artist on the lineup that I could give a fuck about so Im not sure if it's worth it. How long were the sets Gas?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
autistic said:
Im debating if I should go to the Frisco show this weekend. I really just want to see Wu Tang, Immortal Tech, and Nas. I didnt know BlackStar was on the lineup. Like to see them too. There's just a lot of artist on the lineup that I could give a fuck about so Im not sure if it's worth it. How long were the sets Gas?
30 minutes to an hour i guess?

i didnt see most of the underground bullshit because there was two different stages....and i didnt want to miss the headliners just to see some space rap..

for instance def jux was on stage when cypress hill was on the other stage..and i was not about to miss cypress hill.

wu didnt live up to my expectations but that could have been due to the mics (some of them were dead, 'one blood' by masta killa got RUINED, he was rapping in a mic wiht no volume the whole song)

i jetted out halfway through wus set...i really just wanted to see ghost and rae anyway.

and 70 dolllar tickets had me mad. ill just say that much

70.00 ticket
60.00 for weed
40.00 for FOUR BEERS. (10.00 a beer!)
30.00 shirt
15.00 cd from PSC
20.00 remy martin
_________
235.00. unless my maths off.

basically, i could have drove to san francisco, and paid for hotel fare for that amount. but whatever.

gotta do it once, i guess.

would i have passed on it if i knew i was going to spend a fifth of a thousand dollars? yes.

did i enjoy myself? yes. was it worth it? ehh...
that depends on how much you care about seeing rappers live

i definately wont pay 70 bucks for a show ever again

Mar 4, 2006
I think the only way Im a go is if I can get a ticket for joog price on that morning off Craigslist from some desperate ticket scalper. Most the rap shows I been to ain't been shit with a few exceptions. I seen Jay Z in Frisco like 5 years ago and that shit was incredible. Jay-Z sounds better live than he does on his songs.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yeah they was sellin fake tix outside. wasnt fuckin with it
but i probably should have tried to get one on the low....70 bucks is definately up there...PLUS you couldnt go in the front ..

you had to pay EXTRA to get in the "pit". in front of the stage.

wu told the security and move and let everyone at the bottom tho so that was tight...but i ended up leaving and couldnt get back in

Mar 4, 2006
i bought a ticket for the last summer jam off craigslist becuz it was sold out and it was a legit ticket. What did the fake joints look like? It would hella suck to pay for a fake ticket.