rock the bells....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i was lookin at dubcnn an lookin at the news for a tracklist an seen this shit....

damn, ratm would be sick as fuck to see live

Rage Against The Machine & Wu-Tang "Rock The Bells" - February 28, 2007 By : Rud
Since 2003 Rock The Bells, presented by Guerilla Union, has established itself as a world-class hip-hop platform by hosting legendary live performances by Nas, A Tribe Called Quest, Lauryn Hill, Blackstarr (Talib Kweli and Mos Def), Cuban Linx, De La Soul, Busta Rhymes, Cypress Hill and Jurassic 5 as well as reuniting Wu-Tang for their last performance with ODB in 2004.

This year, the festival will continue in its tradition of showcasing the very best the genre has to offer.

Having made history in 2004 with the reunion of both the Wu-Tang Clan and A Tribe Called Quest the Guerilla Union group have announced that this year they are reuniting the legendedary Rage Against The Machine for this years Rock The Bells festival. The group will play three exclusive engagements with the critically acclaimed world-class hip-hop festival this summer. The epic line-up will see Rage Against The Machine join Wu-Tang Clan for two dates on the west coast - August 11 at the NOS Events Center, San Bernardino, CA and on August 18 at a venue yet to be announced within San Francisco as well as the Rock The Bells inaugural venture into New York City which this year will be on July 28 at Randall’s Island - their only scheduled appearance on the eastern seaboard this year. The Wu-Tang Clan will support the release of their forthcoming album "8 Diagrams."

"It’s definitely our fans’ dream billing. It’s a tremendous honor to have Rage Against The Machine and Wu-Tang Clan perform together," event organizer Chang Weisberg of Guerilla Union explained. "I can’t wait to announce the rest of the line-up for Rock the Bells. It’s incredibly important to put some shine on quality Hip Hop. The opportunity to galvanize the social and political consciousness of these groups is undeniable."

The complete line-up will be unveiled on March 26th and tickets will go on-sale from March 31st at 10:00am. For complete details and more information ensure you check out the official Guerilla Union site, the Rock The Bells site or the tours MySpace page. We will have more news and exclusive features regarding these events, including next months Paid Dues festival, over the coming weeks.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'm going. there's no doubt in my mind. rage & wu-tang? I'll probably smoke like a quarter that day.....the only person that would hella go to the concert with me would be my best friend, but he lives in vegas now.....I'll try to get at least 8 tickets so I can re-sell some.

Sony

Sicc OG
Nov 3, 2005
March 26th huh...can't wait to see the rest of the lineup. Definitely going to RTB again, I wanted to see Rage at Coachella but I wasn't up on the majority of other acts there. That and the tickets sold out.

Weisberg is the man.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
got my ticket. im stoked, smashin out like 20 deep. ima bring a quarter and like 10 swishers. and in the mccovey cove parking lot? fuck yeah. on top of it, i'll have just gotten back from spending a week in vegas.

Aug 5, 2002
damn, this gonna be the shit mang!...i'm ol skool so shit to see epmd, p.e., cypress hill, etc. is gonna be tight az fuck!....i'll have to try and get pervved in the parking lot i guess...how's the security folkz?

peace,
Dubl-Z

Sony

Sicc OG
Nov 3, 2005
The security folks at Rock The Bells (San Bern) are some fascist motherfuckers mang, if you are gonna smoke some shit in the crowd don't be standing in the front. Some of those fucks go haywire when someone is sparking an l or crowd surfing or whatever, and some don't give a shit. You can tell the real serious types just by lookin' at them. They like to pull out the flashlights on some uni cop "I gotta fill a quota" type shit.

Apr 25, 2002
I've heard lots of good about the Rock the Bells shows thus far. Except for the one in Atl or Miami (can't remember) where a lot of southern acts didn't show up.