RIP Al Davis

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
RIP to a football gawd!

forget that other thread in the open forum, too many lulz trying to be achieved.

Sicc OG
Jan 28, 2008
RIP Al Davis, a legend fa sho

fucc tha haterz (and yall know Im a diehard Charger fan but game recognize game)

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
R.I.P Coach Davis

People like to poke fun because of draft pick failures, but his entire body of work is legendary.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Raider In Peace Al. Not just Mr. Raider, but Mr. Football. He lived it, from the bottom to the top. Assistant coach to owner. Al Davis was the Raiders and football just won't be the same without him.

I ain't afraid to admit that my eyes got watery after hearing the news and watching all the coverage. Same thing when Chick Hearn died. Those two men are most responsible for me loving the teams that I do. When people ask me who my favorite Laker is, I say Chick Hearn without hesitation. Al Davis is and will always be the greatest Raider of all time.

How appropriate that he should die in Autumn. The Autumn wind is a Raider and Al Davis is a Raider.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
said this in open forum as well

i think its fuckin hilarious taht all these raider fans and al davis defenders were not so long ago wishing the man dead, and now they have "teary eyes" and are so sad......

double standard?

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
said this in open forum as well

i think its fuckin hilarious taht all these raider fans and al davis defenders were not so long ago wishing the man dead, and now they have "teary eyes" and are so sad......

double standard?
You won't find a single post from me with any hate towards the man.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
@chree...I think some Raiders fans say things out of frustration, because they're passionate about their team.but at the end of the day, if you're a Raiders fan, you gotta have love for Al Davis... the Raiders would be nothing without him

for example, if someone close to you (family, friend, etc...) is in poor health, and you had a rocky relationship with them late in their life, when they die you're gonna be sad, regardless of some shit they may have done recently to piss you off. That's not a double standard... it's just putting shit into perspective. When someone passes on you reflect on their whole life, rather than focusing on only what they did recently.

now that's an extreme example, because we didn't know Al personally, but Raiders fans are passionate, and the they care about their team. Al Davis IS the Raiders, so when he dies, it means something

another example: before Michael Jackson died everyone only talked about how weird he was, and how he was a child molester, etc. After he died, everyone was praising him, and how great of an entertainer he was. it is what it is. death puts things into perspective for people.

RIP AL