Rick Ankiel is good for 30+ HR & .260 BA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2005
So I made a bet with my boy that Rick Ankiel will hit over 30 HR's and bat over .260. I also had him on my fantasy baseball last year and he was killing it. I also have him this year (drafted him a few rounds before the last). I
m very high on this guy because he can hit and has a strong arm. Keep in mind that he was a pitcher a few years ago. This is my sleeper pick along with Justin Upton, Lastings Milledge and Kosuke Fukedome.

The bet is dinner. Its friendly.

I would list all the players I have but that would take a minute and I don't have time. My team is stacked tho.

Apr 25, 2002
I think he easily has the potential to put up those kind of numbers, probably somewhere close to 100 RBIs too. That dude hits with a lot of power, it's crazy to see how he transitioned from being a pitcher to an outfielder like he did.

Dec 15, 2003
He has always been able to hit. Even when he was pitching the guy was never an easy out. I think, barring injury, that he will surpass 30 hr's. Last year he hit 43 between the minors and majors so he has the pop in his bat. Now I realize most of his time was spent in the minors last year, but he hit 11 hr's in 47 games and 172 at bats. That's about a third of the season. I think .280, 35, 100 rbi's is about right. He will be one of the major steals in fantasy this year. Along with Justin Upton, Josh Hamilton, Carlos Gomez, Nate McLouth, Edison Volquez (I was laughed at for drafting him), Johnny Cueto (he is the real deal folks), Manny Parra................if any of these guys are available in any of your leagues, you should seriously consider picking them up.

Sep 25, 2005
he was an unknown rookie last year and probly got more fastballs down the middle than he will ever get.........pitchers now have scouting reports on him........

Apr 25, 2002
A no-name rookie? He was in the majors as a pitcher before, so he definitely wasn't a rook......he was actually a good pitcher before he hit some weird ass mental block and couldn't hit the catcher's mitt for shit......

Aug 11, 2004
A no-name rookie? He was in the majors as a pitcher before, so he definitely wasn't a rook......he was actually a good pitcher before he hit some weird ass mental block and couldn't hit the catcher's mitt for shit......
i hella remember that shit and everyone on my baseball team said I threw like him... Hella hard and good when i was on but i'd go wild as fuck like that

Sep 25, 2005
yes, a no name rookie..........when you come up as a pitcher and then disappear for a couple years and then return as a hitter, guess what???? YOU ARE A NONAME ROOKIE!

Jan 31, 2006
yes, a no name rookie..........when you come up as a pitcher and then disappear for a couple years and then return as a hitter, guess what???? YOU ARE A NONAME ROOKIE!
That is the stupidest logic ever. But you are a dodgers fan, so what should we expect.

And for the record, moron, he has played in the league before, so therefor, no matter if you think he is a no name, he definitely is not a rookie. Basically what I am saying is, everything you have said is a fabrication of the truth.

Sep 25, 2005
go learn some baseball then come back with your dodger insults.....learn the game..........YOU ARE A NONAME ROOKIE UNTIL YOU PROVE YOURSELF............do you comprehend simple english????

moron?? lol, ive never been called that on ANY baseball thread before, but go ahead. i might begin to worry about myself if people that know the game start saying those things to me......when its some1 like you i wont even sweat it.............

Dec 4, 2005
chris carpenters gonna get injured and rick ankiels gonna pitch again and have a opponent ba of .260 and hes gonna allow 30+ hr and have a 26.0 era....not a 2.60 a 26.0