Remember the Super Sonics?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Minne

Sicc OG
Jan 20, 2007
i was hoping they woulda beat the bulls in the finals. i miss having a basketball team here. my interest in basketball as gone way down hill since they left

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
seattle is def on the top of the list for the next city to have a pro team.

although i live in oregon and love the blazers, id love to see seattle have a pro team again. they deserve it, and most importantly, i support the NW.

i used to be a big sonics fan. detlef, kemp, and payton = unstoppable

May 11, 2002
man i remember those sonics and bulls game back in the day.....those were the good old days
my brother got to work for the Sonics in 96, his job was to take the scores from the score table to the press box every quarter. The rest of the time he got to sit court side and watch the whole playoffs.

Dec 3, 2005
RIP to 1979 NBA Finals MVP (Sonics won the championship) Dennis Johnson, and congrats on getting into the Hall of Fame, albeit posthumously.
ill second that. this was a team that made it to the finals the year before they won it after starting the season 5-17. then they decided to start Dennis Johnson and ended up winning the whole thing the next year against the same team

May 9, 2002
^^^I'm no David Stern fan, but its not his job to keep a team in a given city. That's on the owners.
While I do agree, Stern was "in bed" with Clay, making no effort to even say "are you sure?"...Stern even presented an award to Clay in Oklahoma when this bullshit was going on.

On top of that, Stern clearly said that the Key Arena was "great" earlier this decade, and then did a complete 360 a few years later and said it wasnt. He is a snake.

Not to mention, he made the NBA a pansy league. Stern KILLED the NBA, so fuck him regardless of what happened with my Sonics.

Jul 6, 2008
damn, i didnt knoe DJ died, RIP, ultimate glue guy. sad they gave him hof after he died, kinda a slap in the face. disgraceful scumbag voters.

if DJ gets in after he dies, then they should do the same to reggie miller, wait til he dies. its only fair.

the whole thing i got with the sonics leaving seattle is cuz after paying for the mariners stadium and the seahawks stadium, there was no more money left for a sonics arena, even tho, they renovated Key arena, it still wasnt good enough for stern and the nba.

stern wanted all the nba teams to get new arenas and skyboxes/suites to bring in more revenue. but my thing is, the warriors renovated oracle arena this past decade, i mean isnt it a similar renovation that the warriors did, that also the sonics did. they both renovated the inside part of their respective arenas. what was the difference between the 2 renovations that caused stern to turn agaisnt the sonics renovation?????

stern is an evil fuck tho, and when he doesnt get his way, all hell breaks loose, he doesnt give people that smirky grin for no reason, he knows what he is doing. when he wants something, you better give it to him, or else.

i think the best move that seattle could have done is build one multi-sport stadium for both the mariners and the seahawks to play in. and then they could have built a new arena for the sonics to play in.

this way seattle could have stretched their budget for 2 sports complexes and still kept all 3 teams happy.

i wonder who in seattle politics didnt think of this. them politicians must of gotten a new asshole torn in them for not thinkin bout this idea.

overall, alot of the blame goes all around for this bullshit. now, when stern said that seattle is more than likely never to get an nba team, you better believe its more like never ever under his throne.

seattles gonna have to wait for either stern to croak and die, or for him to resign from some scandal, or when the nba gets a new commsioner with more compassions towards issues that fans have with teh nba.

until then, seattle and the nba and its fans will be suffering big time.

by the way, why aint seattle got a nhl hockey team?? this might have helped build a new arena also, by having a nhl team and a sonics nba team in the same arena, more revenue could generated for the city. did you guys ever have a pro hockey team in seattle??