Redrum Livin the life of a hustla You know you want it

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 3, 2006
calstate007 is a bootlegin punk ass bitch! i dont know why nobody doesnt do shit about him, i reported ebay his fake auctions many times. does anybody have real info on him..name, address..?

rgtabion84 aka layziemarv is 100% legit, i won that Redrum of him once, but he said he sold it and got it confused with auction..it was all good, we worked it out.

there was a tread here about Redrum before..i think after tape colored CD(R) release was legit..then the black-n-whites came out.

May 1, 2002
HOME MADE REPRESS MEANS Not Officially released , correct me if im wrong rgtabion84 made those by himself or he just sells for calstate ?
this ice_kold? sup homie, Dimple Records in Sac had these awhile back. i actually bought one myself from calstate afterwards just for comparison. they're actually the same so i'm not sure if calstate had rights from redrum to had these repressed...calstate has been known for a very longtime for selling fake represses, cold world hustlers, psycho ballin, o.z., begee ya gotta bg, young joker, and many more. however, there are some of us who actually bought from calstate that got lucky with original pressings also. so with calstate, hit or miss

Jan 6, 2003
are some of us who actually bought from calstate that got lucky with original pressings also. so with calstate, hit or miss
i've hit the few times I've bought stuff from Calstate. that Big-O Breezn n maxn CD is legit, and so is the SMG CD, as far as I can tell. I have more doubts about those never to be seen before H-wood CDs he lists on the regular.

in these days of bootlegging and re-releases I feel more confident if I get a rare CD and it shows several signs of wear, like shelf wear and tiny scratches and fingerprints LOL. If I get a hella rare, old and expensive CD that's either in plastic or used like new I get more suspicious. So to all yall bootlegers on this board, my advise to you is to remove the Japanese sealing and rub your jewel cases on the floor for 5 secs before you ship the CD LOL

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
i've hit the few times I've bought stuff from Calstate. that Big-O Breezn n maxn CD is legit, and so is the SMG CD, as far as I can tell. I have more doubts about those never to be seen before H-wood CDs he lists on the regular.

in these days of bootlegging and re-releases I feel more confident if I get a rare CD and it shows several signs of wear, like shelf wear and tiny scratches and fingerprints LOL. If I get a hella rare, old and expensive CD that's either in plastic or used like new I get more suspicious. So to all yall bootlegers on this board, my advise to you is to remove the Japanese sealing and rub your jewel cases on the floor for 5 secs before you ship the CD LOL
SMG not a hit.. unless you won it for a reasonable price. Calstate released that one on CD and fobbed it off as an original '95.

It was actually a tape only... D-Mak supposedly still has a few boxes to hand..

Redrum - was never put out on cd by RAPAMERICA. Only tape. You'd know about it if they did. They put out a lot of the A.K. prods stuff like Stop THe Press, Tha Grip's 1st album, Bigtima etc.

That Livin The Life Of A Hustla cdr popped up around '99 and self made cause it was tape only previously.. The cover art looks a little shitty and busy cause it was from the promo ads end of '96.. psychologicalman has a murderdog issue with the ad in. ask him.
I guess there were label and financial backing problems.. 1st the ad comes out with Exclusive Entertainment running the show, then Guillotine take it on distributed by rapamerica as just a tape...

Notice how the cover art on the "didx" one looks stretched? Cause it was taken straight from the fucking tape.. Maybe Redrum got proceeds offa calstate, maybe he didn't - but the first CD release IS THE ONE RAYVO HAS.

reference to the OG siccness or BART board, it was viet loc who had a few of the ones rayvo had :cool:
And yes, no doubt the "didx" one hit shelves post '05 locally. Marv has what is, a reissue. The release being legit or not who knows, and it's nathan to do with Marv... shit, major labels have put stuff out on more shadier arrangements.. NB just be wise when puttin a lot of money down on this typa stuff!!!!! It's getting difficult for honest sellers and buyers to recognize what's what.

Jan 6, 2003
Damn, Sippy, I was hoping no one would come and tell that the SMG ain't official LOL. No, I got it for dirt cheap so it's OK just to get the music. But also, I gotta say that cal got a pretty professional design because the art work doesn't look like it's converted or stretched from the tape cover. And I guess he rubs his CDs on the floor to get that shelf and CD player wear LOL.

Considering the redrum ad, matter of fact I got the same murder dog issue myself. that's where I first noticed that album and I've been searching for it since. Kinda slowed down the efforts when I read that this only was released on tape as OG. But don't you think it's pretty strange that the (calstate or not) re-release has a black n white cover and not one that looks similar to the "OG"/ad? If you were to make your own rerelease why bother to make a dissimilar cover art? I seached through my CD boxes yesterday but couldn't find the b/w Redrum CD so I can't tell how the DIDX is...

No matter what it's a dope album, but I don't think it's cool to finance a shady repressing business LOL.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
the supposed network of calstate (yes more than one person) has given a new breath of life to many tape onlies and tucked away studio masters, yes, he does get
brand new cover art designed.. I'll go 99.9% conviction on that, the 0.01% is actually finding someone back in the day from sac/norcal who can legitmately acknowledge a
lot of those releases bein around at the time.. All original norcal folks with their 2 cents put in contradict my 0.01% though.. Feel me. It's really unlikely they're authentic.

instances off top

Ice Water
Straight Game
Young Bread
2 x H-Wood's
Street Stories Comp
SMG
G-Side
Ultimate Sounds
2 Black Basstuds (so blatant, that calstate had to tell bidders it's a re-issue of the tape)

im sure there's more of this caliber.. like Marv said, he did it with a lot of well known classics too.. Though, it's about 30% of what he sells, maybe less, cause he does have A LOT of original dope shit/honest listings.

Redrum cd... the "didx" one - It's the stretched art from the tape, trust me.. Look at all of rapamerica's logos on their cds they put out on the cover.. It looks like that of the redrum tape.. The label on the redrum cd looks all fucked up.

Also the transparent parental advisory sign from the tape woulda looked fucked up from bein stretched to a cd size, so calstate/redrum or whoever, put a normal sized opaque advisory sign over the top of it. have a look, compare the two.

Jan 6, 2003
Even though I don't by any means condone this activity I gotta say that I'm impressed by the efforts laid down in this illegal repressing/bootleging industry. Damn they are fucking up the thrill of collecting records