"RED RINGS OF DEATH SOLVED"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2004
Just had my third xbox get the red rings.. I've actually been trying to get it to get the rings for a week or so because it was doing the freezing thing it does when its about to, that doesn't allow you to play games.

So yeah, got the rings and already ordered my box..

Its not hard to do this shit, which is why it doesn't bug me too much. just go to service.xbox.com, select the three red lights option and you get a free coffin sent to you. and you just load that bitch in and take it in and send it out.

Sep 4, 2002
Just had my third xbox get the red rings.. I've actually been trying to get it to get the rings for a week or so because it was doing the freezing thing it does when its about to, that doesn't allow you to play games.

So yeah, got the rings and already ordered my box..

Its not hard to do this shit, which is why it doesn't bug me too much. just go to service.xbox.com, select the three red lights option and you get a free coffin sent to you. and you just load that bitch in and take it in and send it out.
once my xbox started freezing i just sent the shit in. I didnt even wait for RROD.

Jan 2, 2004
I wasn't sure if they'd give me shit or not. because the extended warranty doesn't cover anything but the red rings, not sure if they'd turn it on and it not get the rings, and send it right back, but I think they just take yours, put a new one in the box and send it out. Since everytime I've sent mine in, I got a new xbox.

Nov 14, 2002
There is a 33% failure rate, so technically you are NOT correct.
I've read that in 2005 Microsoft knew that over 50% of their consoles were defective. I'm on my 4th Xbox. The fist one RROD'd me in less than a week, then the replacement RROD'd me a month after that... Then the refurb'd one I got back from them RROD'd two or three months after that.

3 out of 4 Xbox's failing sounds like 75% to me. The sad part is, I'm not the only one I know on their third or fourth box. I would tend to believe that as you go further down the timeline, perhaps another 2-3 years, the failure rate would be well over 50%

Microsoft didn't tell me that months of delayed gameplay and fucking with a UPS guy to get them to leave the fucking box on your doorstep was a feature I was paying for when I dropped my 400 dollars. Since it's "not hard" to be inconvenienced in this way, maybe you'll be nice enough to ship us YOUR working xbox when ours fail. Then you can simply call the number, talk to the dummy on the other end of the line, (most likely "Joe" from Uzbekistan), wait for the coffin, send it out the next day, wait a month and PRESTO, there's your XBox!

I'm not attacking you personally, but the difference between "hard" and "unnecessary" is huge. Especially for something that you pay a good amount of money for, before you even buy a game or peripherals to use with it.

And on the note of "fixing" the red ring, I'm sure that's exciting for someone who is just going out now for an XBox. For people like me, I'm just waiting for my fourth to malfunction, so that three years and thousands of dollars later, I'm finally getting the product that I paid for. They should offer to just send you one no matter the condition of your current XBox.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Yeah, i was really pissed when i had to send my shit to 'em.. They should break me off wit' a free game or somethin.. My shit didnt even RROD, it had tha gay ass disc reading error thing.. And worse of all it happened like 3 days after GTA4 came out.. I remember i was farther then anyone on tha siccness on that game when it first came out, then i got the RROD and didnt get my shit back a month later.. By then y'all was posting spoilers 'n ruined tha game for me lol.. Idk, it took 3 weeks to get the box, but only 1 week to get that shit sent back to me wit' a new brand new xbox..

It's defantly more then an inconveince.. and worse of all microsoft's actin like their doin you're ass a favor by fixing tha peice of shit they sold you.

Dont get me wrong, i love my 360, but that shit is/was poorly built.

May 4, 2002
Its overheating. Not sure if it'll get the red rings of death soon or not. Probably. But make sure you have it properly ventilated.
even when its properly ventilated it can still get the red rings. it happened to me 3 months after i bought mine, but it fixed itself and died last month

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I had the E74 error which isn't a heat issue but involves the graphic processor of the 360. Technically it isn't covered under the RROD warranty, but I told them I had both so they fixed it and also gave me two cards for live (one month each.) My 360 is a Falcon, and I hope it doesn't die out, but if it does, I'm gonna send it in for repairs and just mod it when I get it back.

May 4, 2002
I had the E74 error which isn't a heat issue but involves the graphic processor of the 360. Technically it isn't covered under the RROD warranty, but I told them I had both so they fixed it and also gave me two cards for live (one month each.) My 360 is a Falcon, and I hope it doesn't die out, but if it does, I'm gonna send it in for repairs and just mod it when I get it back.
microsoft told you the dont cover the e74 error? bc that was the error i got last month and they had no problem sending me a "newer" xbox and never said they dont cover the e 74 error.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
they will send u a new xbox no matter what then just turn it on see the 3 red rings an bang first time i got the rings my Driver wouldnt even open so an 2nd time my shit overheated sent me one i doubt they really check your shit out unless it looked to be opened an fucked with

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
microsoft told you the dont cover the e74 error? bc that was the error i got last month and they had no problem sending me a "newer" xbox and never said they dont cover the e 74 error.
That's not what I said. I said the E74 error wasn't covered under the RROD warranty. These are two different problems. One has a 3 year warranty and the other one a 1 year warranty. My system was just past the one year warranty, so I told them I had both problems, and they went ahead and fixed it. If not, I would have been out of $99 like these idiots:

http://news.teamxbox.com/comments/18608/Error-E-74-The-New-RRoD/

May 4, 2002
That's not what I said. I said the E74 error wasn't covered under the RROD warranty. These are two different problems. One has a 3 year warranty and the other one a 1 year warranty. My system was just past the one year warranty, so I told them I had both problems, and they went ahead and fixed it. If not, I would have been out of $99 like these idiots:

http://news.teamxbox.com/comments/18608/Error-E-74-The-New-RRoD/
i never knew they only cover 3 red rings, i always thought it was any red rings. good thing i got a extra warranty on top of the microsoft one.

edit: fuck after reading that i might as well make it get RROD with a towl. i aint payin $99 for them to fix my 360. the fucked up thing is i bought my 360 from walmart and those faggots didnt tell me anything about their stupid system. i would have to send it too wal marts company to "fix it". but wait thats not all, wal mart wont fix the RROD until MS 3 year warranty is up. so now i have a 6 year warranty, which i will most likely never use bc by then a new syster will be out.i should just stuck with best buy

Jan 2, 2004
even when its properly ventilated it can still get the red rings. it happened to me 3 months after i bought mine, but it fixed itself and died last month
I know that. I'm saying the overheating rings, two red rings, is probably due to bad ventilation.

Three red rings is just from shitty made hardware. The one person I know who's had an xbox for an extended period of time that hasn't broken keeps his xbox on the carpet and shit and it never got the rings.