Random Album/Song upload thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
One of my favorite "screamo" albums ever. Not that crap they call screamo now of days that RJ listens to (I kid, I kid.) This album kicks ass on so many levels. It's a discography that contains their demo, self titled 7", split 7" with The Cable Car Theory, a live set, plus a few unreleased studio tracks.

I, Robot - Et Cetera

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IP5Z50Q4

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/irobot

Not a skippable song on the album. I would suggest everyone to check out the song "Call Me Killer" as it's on their myspace. Great fucking song.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Waaay ahead of you Cory.

I Dl'd about 11 GB's from Sordo when they had the archive up...only kep about 5 GBs but it was all good shit.

You should check out Black Mountains if you havent already.

Also a band called Toe.....good stuff.
Good shit, I knew you got really into post-rock but thought I'd put it out there just incase.

Never heard of Black Mountains, will check them out.

Toe is one of the best post-rock bands out IMO. Damn Japanese bands always ruling and shit lol.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Nah I've only heard of him because of the Cash cover. If I like the album I'll check him out though.
And lol I had to click thru like 5 folders to get to the tracks, whoever upped that is clueless.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Nah I've only heard of him because of the Cash cover. If I like the album I'll check him out though.
And lol I had to click thru like 5 folders to get to the tracks, whoever upped that is clueless.
lol...yeah, not my upload. Only one of my posts so far have I upped something myself.

The worst I ever saw was a folder that was for a compilation album by Deep Elm bands. Each song was in a seperate folder in the main folder. That shit made me laugh.

May 9, 2002
Good shit, I knew you got really into post-rock but thought I'd put it out there just incase.

Never heard of Black Mountains, will check them out.

Toe is one of the best post-rock bands out IMO. Damn Japanese bands always ruling and shit lol.
Black Mountain is a Vancouver, BC psych-experiemtnal band...very 70's ish...but very new as well. Ill post some shit tomorrow...but y9u can also find them in the Sordo archive....

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
That Will Oldham album is great, I've been listening to a lot of folk stuff lately so if there's anything else good like that I'll check it out. I'm downloading The Letting Go right now

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Seriously, download everything by Will Oldham.

Studio albums
There Is No-One What Will Take Care of You - Palace Brothers (7 June 1993)
Days in the Wake - Palace (29 August 1994)
Viva Last Blues - Palace Music (21 August 1995)
Arise Therefore (29 April 1996)
Joya - Will Oldham (27 October 1997)
I See a Darkness - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (19 January 1999)
Ease Down the Road - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (19 March 2001)
Master and Everyone - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (28 January 2003)
Sings Greatest Palace Music - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (23 March 2004)
The Letting Go - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (19 September 2006)

Live albums
Summer in the Southeast - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (15 November 2005)
Wilding in the West - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (21 January 2008)

Compilation albums
Lost Blues and Other Songs - Palace Music (31 March 1997)
Guarapero/Lost Blues 2 - Will Oldham (21 February 2000)
Little Lost Blues - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (19 September 2006)

EPs
An Arrow Through the Bitch - Palace Brothers (Domino, 1994)
Hope - Palace Songs (Drag City, 1994)
The Mountain - Palace (Drag City, 1995)
Songs Put Together For (The Broken Giant) - Palace Soundtrack (Drag City, 1996)
Western Music - Will Oldham (Ovni, 1997)
Black/Rich Music - Will Oldham (Drag City, 1998)
Blue Lotus Feet - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (Domino, 1998)
Dream of a Drunk Black Southern Eagle - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (Domino, 1999)
Ode Music - Will Oldham (Drag City, 2000)
More Revery - Bonny Billy (Travels in Constants Vol 7, 2000)
Seafarers Music - Will Oldham (Drag City, 2004)
Strange Form of Life - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (Drag City, 2007)
Ask Forgiveness - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (19 November 2007)
Wai Notes - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (December 11 2007
The dude has an unreal amount of work out there. I'd say I own around 60% of his stuff right now and add a album every chance I get.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Another person that comes to mind to check out for sure is William Elliott Whitmore. He doesn't have near as much work out there but personally I like his stuff just as much as Will Oldham. I know I've posted about him before in this forum but I don't know if you checked out his music or not. Plus he gets bonus points for having The Vida Blue aka Ten Grand in his top friends lol.

Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Elliott_Whitmore

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/whitmorewilliamelliott

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Time for some sludge. Infact time for what is more then likely my favorite sludge album ever. I present to you, dwellers of the music industry forum, Giant's album simply titled Song. Don't let the name fool you though because the whole album just isn't one long song. But what this album is is pure 100% slow sludgy melt your face off music. Turn it up and enjoy.

Giant - Song

http://www.badongo.com/file/2422267

Plus I love when a bands myspace says stuff like:
"Song" is currently out of print. i-tunes has it, as well as some other download sites.

but for real, go download it from somewhere for free.
So there you go, I'm just doing what the band wants me to do.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
lol ya I love when bands are cool about that shit. I remember when I was talking to Sammy from Wax On Radio and slipped up and said I downloaded their album and he was like "Nah it's cool man just make sure you have enough cd-rs to burn it for all your friends" lol

I'm DLing William Elliot Whitmore- Song of the Blackbird right now, all I could find online and that took me about ten minutes. Sounds cool from what his wiki says.