Random Album/Song upload thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
This shit is raaaaad, got it off Bohan's blog

Men As Trees- Weltschmerz
Imagine Moving Mountains mixed with Mouth of the Architect mixed with Explosions In the Sky and add a dash of screamo

1. Germinal
2. Good Luck To You
3. Late Words of a Reasoning Man
4. If There Was Any Wisdom Left They Would Send It Back Up the Mountain
5. Dead On the Bank
6. Swa Cwæð Eardstapa

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah, Men As Trees are great. I've been listening to them for awhile, you are tardy RJ.

You can download all their albums for free on their myspace.

Also on their myspace they have a lot of great bands in their buddies list that most people on here never heard of that you should check out like The Reptilian, Native, Lion of the North, Mans., Cassettes on Fire and Dolcim (ex-Cease Upon the Capitol).

May 9, 2002
This shit is raaaaad, got it off Bohan's blog

Men As Trees- Weltschmerz
Imagine Moving Mountains mixed with Mouth of the Architect mixed with Explosions In the Sky and add a dash of screamo

1. Germinal
2. Good Luck To You
3. Late Words of a Reasoning Man
4. If There Was Any Wisdom Left They Would Send It Back Up the Mountain
5. Dead On the Bank
6. Swa Cwæð Eardstapa
Speaking Moving MOuntains, I had no idea they dropped an EP in Dec...i JUST now found it. I have been really behind on my rock lately. Bad Jesse!

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Speaking Moving MOuntains, I had no idea they dropped an EP in Dec...i JUST now found it. I have been really behind on my rock lately. Bad Jesse!
The new Moving Mountains EP is so fucking good. That should have been on my years end list but I didn't hear it until a few weeks ago.

Have you ever checked out The Appleseed Cast Jesse? If not you should because Moving Mountains sound is highly influenced by them and especially their album called Low Level Owl Volume I which is one of my favorite albums ever.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45758736/The_Appleseed_Cast_-_Low_Level_Owl_Volume_I.rar

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I listened to the entire oh sees album, and, snap, i've never been so entertained by music in a long time. I think, i think that chicks voice adds balance to the songs tho. Good stuff, anyone that hasn't heard of them should check them out.
Here is some more Oh Sees stuff, like I said quite different but really good too. The split with The Intelligence is along the lines of The Master's Bedroom... though.

Thee Oh Sees & The Intelligence - Split
http://www.mediafire.com/?ltm0rkye2om

OCS (Thee Oh Sees) - 3 & 4
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmkiorvwj1i

Thee Oh Sees - Sucks Blood
http://www.mediafire.com/?fbetxgjzfcm

Mar 18, 2003
I just downloaded that Moving Mountains album today. I heard so many good things about it. And This Town Needs Guns; I downloaded their last two (maybe only 2..) albums. Trying to catch up I havent listened to either of these bands.

I also got:

Thursday - Common Existence
Holding Onto Hope - Of The Sea...
Adept - Another Year Of Disaster
A Day To Remember - Homesick

And the new Cornell album.

Any opinions on said bands/albums? Aside from Thursday and Chris Cornell I haven't listened to any of these bands at all. But they caught my eye today when I went looking..

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah I did. It's a trip that they are getting so big but they deserve it.

Have you checked out J. Tillman's stuff? He's their drummer and is also an ex-drummer for Saxon Shore who I know you like as well. His solo stuff is great.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I think it varies a lot actually.

J. Tillman is usually a drummer/back up vocals and on his "solo" albums he plays guitar and sings lead and is the main focus. His stuff is acoustic so on a few songs it is just him and an acoustic guitar and on some there are drums, etc. A few of his "solo" albums pre date his work with Fleet Foxes too.

A lot of "solo" stuff is material an artist does that is different or not along the lines of stuff that would fit in with their band(s) sound. Also a lot of the time all the music was written by the artist but of course they can't sing, play lead guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, whatever, whatever, all at the same time live. Quite a few do for studio sessions though.

No artist is really truly "solo" unless they are like a dj or something.

Anyways, you should still check out J.Tillman's "solo" stuff lol.

www.myspace.com/jtillman