Raiders vs Browns Game Day

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7114405/qb-needy-oakland-raiders-contact-david-garrard-source-says

Source: Raiders contact David Garrard

The Oakland Raiders have reached out to free agent quarterback David Garrard after Jason Campbell suffered a broken collarbone in Sunday's victory, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Garrard and his agent, Al Irby, plan to discuss the situation and get back to the Raiders on Monday afternoon, the source said. Free agent Josh McCown also has been contacted by Oakland.

More From ESPN.com

Jason Campbell will be out for some time. That much is clear. The Raiders' quarterback situation? Well, that's a little cloudier, writes Bill Williamson. Blog

Garrard turned down an opportunity with the Miami Dolphins because they wouldn't guarantee his salary but he made it clear in an interview with ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen earlier this month that he is not retired.

"There's been a lot of speculation about me that I don't appreciate," Garrard told ESPN. "I was going to lay low with the media but I feel I have to protect my name. I just want to make it clear that I'm a football player, I want to be with a team and be with an organization that will be as committed to me as I will be to them."

Campbell landed hard on his shoulder after being hit at the end of a scramble by Cleveland Browns linebackers Chris Gocong and Scott Fujita with about 4 minutes remaining in the half. Campbell stayed down on the turf after the hit and was then helped to the locker room.

Tests determined that he broke his collarbone.

"I'm not going to let this football team blink," coach Hue Jackson said after a 24-17 victory. "We'll miss Jason for a little while. I have no idea how long it will take. I don't know. We'll see as we go. I know, obviously, he won't be here next week or anything like that. We'll continue to press forward and get better."

A source told ESPN.com's Bill Williamson that Campbell is expected to be out for the remainder of the season.

Campbell was replaced by Kyle Boller, who went 8 for 14 for 100 yards in his first action of the season.

"I felt very comfortable," Boller said. "I probably was a little bit quick in the beginning. Wish I could slow my feet down a little bit, but that's part of it. I felt like in the second half I got more comfortable each play, and even in the last couple drives it felt good."

The only other quarterback on Oakland's roster is rookie Terrelle Pryor, who will be activated Monday. Pryor got a one-week roster exemption after serving a five-game suspension to start his career.

A source familiar with the team's thinking told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday that the Raiders were "trying hard" to land quasi-retired Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer. However, the source also told Yahoo! that it was doubtful Bengals owner Mike Brown would trade Palmer. Brown has been staunch in his public belief that Palmer has retired from the NFL and has said on multiple occasions he has no plans to deal the disgruntled signal-caller.

The Denver Post also reported Monday that the Denver Broncos would be willing to trade demoted quarterback Kyle Orton to the Raiders for a draft pick if the Raiders were interested.

Campbell has completed 60.6 percent of his passes for 1,170 yards with six touchdowns and four interceptions this season. Campbell is in the final year of his contract.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Fucking shitty news campbell looked fucking awesome yesterday before he got hurt not to mention the fumble witch i think was bullshit since he drove head first [ pretty much giving himself up- but whatever i hope we get Carson but i doubt it i say get Kyle out there today fuck his day off an get the plays into his head if iwas a WR id def be there helping him out today getting his timing down big game sunday VS KC

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Campbell was an idiot for diving head first on that fumble play. He's a QB, he's supposed to slide. if he would've slid he would've been down instead of fumbling. if he would've slid the second time he probably wouldn't have broke his collarbone.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
7 QBs to replace Campbell
Campbell is not a great quarterback, but he's not one who makes a million mistakes every game. He's been able to put together respectable seasons in black and silver. With him having a broken collarbone, it's hard to imagine the Raiders maintaining their momentum and continuing to be victorious.
It's hard to find a new quarterback midseason, but it can be done if the guy is right for the job. These 10 guys can step into the Radiers' system and save their 2011 campaign.

1. Marc Bulger FUCK YOU
2. Charlie Frye FUCK YOU
3. Tony Pike WHO? MIKE JONES? WHO?
4. Patrick Ramsey FUCK YOU
5. Carson Palmer SURE, WHY NOT?
6. Jake Delhomme FUCK YOUR PUNKASS
7. David Garrard EHH, I GUESS
8. Brett Favre FUCK YOU
9. Kyle Orton FUCK YOU...actually he is one of the better QBs on this list.....but still FUCK YOU

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
they saw manning on the back of his jersey and thought it was peyton and started protecting him.

When Tom Brady scrambles the refs block for him.

Jan 4, 2003
Campbell was an idiot for diving head first on that fumble play. He's a QB, he's supposed to slide. if he would've slid he would've been down instead of fumbling. if he would've slid the second time he probably wouldn't have broke his collarbone.
exactly!! he didn't learn from his first mistake after tha fumble.. wtf?! Campbells at fault for sure

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
fucking trade Carson palmer. sounds like the owner is acting like a broad and gonna fuck up what is left of his career.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
once boller calmed down he did a lot better in that game yesterday. and i totally agree that DHB's hands are fucking well improved, good work man.