Raiders hire Al Saunders as OC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2003
^^^The key word there id IF we can keep those 2...
yep.. I honestly see Seymour getting a nice contract to remain here.. I just don't know if tha raiders are gonna throw 17 mil a season for Aso next season.. judging from tha press conference Al was stating we could get 2-3 quality players who could contribute for that price.. but who knows.. I'm sure Aso has tha hear to remain here knowing this team is on tha upside

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
yep.. I honestly see Seymour getting a nice contract to remain here.. I just don't know if tha raiders are gonna throw 17 mil a season for Aso next season.. judging from tha press conference Al was stating we could get 2-3 quality players who could contribute for that price.. but who knows.. I'm sure Aso has tha hear to remain here knowing this team is on tha upside
For some reason i think Aso will take less money to play in a place like Pitt...Baltimore or NYJ...rather than accept a big contract from us.....I hope im wrong..but i think our relationship with him is over.....I think he is gonna pull a Ron Artest and sign for less to get that ring...

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I was initially against the coaching change, but after having all the facts come to light, I am really liking what's going on. I think they're waiting for green bay to finish their season, so we can take one of their assistants for DC. would love to get whoever is responsible for the line backing crew over there, or the secondary coach.

as for nnam. when al said he didn't want to pay 17 mil for him, he wasn't talking about the contract nnam will get, but the contract he was already signed on for(the one that was voided). trust me, no team in the league is going to pay him 17 mil a year, we won't have to pay anything near that to keep him. just look at what revis got. I think what nnam will really be looking for with us is something long-term that will take him into the end of his career. something like 5-7 years.

Jul 29, 2002
I was initially against the coaching change, but after having all the facts come to light, I am really liking what's going on. I think they're waiting for green bay to finish their season, so we can take one of their assistants for DC. would love to get whoever is responsible for the line backing crew over there, or the secondary coach.

i think its kevin greene, dude was a beast when he played...

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
In Kansas City with coach Dick Vermeil, Saunders drew up an offense that piled up 2,157 points, 262 TDs and 30,470 net yards, more than any other NFL team, across those five seasons.

Jan 4, 2003
once roaf and shields retired we started fucking up.

losing 2 hall of famers like that on the oline will do that to a team.
hmm.. so what is your opinion on Al Saunders? did ya like tha guy or not? many other queef fans where stating they wanted to promote him to HC but thats when they went after Edwards instead

Mar 24, 2006
In Kansas City with coach Dick Vermeil, Saunders drew up an offense that piled up 2,157 points, 262 TDs and 30,470 net yards, more than any other NFL team, across those five seasons.
thats all true.

but.....

like i said, the oline was the real motor of that engine and when it lost roaf and shields it took a severe dip in production.

on a side note though, the defense on the other hand in that same time frame gave up 2,170 points, 275 tds and 31,453 net yards, more then any other NFL team, across 5 seasons. lol

^thats all made up numbers but its probably pretty close to how much our defense did give up though...lol

Mar 24, 2006
hmm.. so what is your opinion on Al Saunders? did ya like tha guy or not? many other queef fans where stating they wanted to promote him to HC but thats when they went after Edwards instead
he was a good play caller. sometimes he would call some plays that made you scratch your head. he'll definitely run the ball more then pass with you guys. lots of motion before the snap to try and get mismatches. zach miller will most likely get a huge boost in production. with your fast wrs he might take more chances down the field then he did with us since our wrs were more possession orienated.

when he was here he benefited from having the best oline in the entire nfl too though. he had a qb who was extremely accurate and a TE that would catch anything in his direction.

is your line up to snuff (pass blocking) and is campbell an accurate qb?

get those 2 in order and he should beable to get your offense chuggin' along on all cylinders.

i hope not though, you guys are the raiders after all...lol

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Hes washed up. Like argentine said he benefited from having one of the best o lines ever.

He didnt do shit in Washington and why you think hes been outta work.

Remember he was a coach when Campbell was in Washington and they didnt do jack shit.

Jan 4, 2003
guess all queef fans cant agree ehh.. props to ArGenTin3 tho.. this is a more talented raider team than any we had in recent years.. so Hue and Saunders will have their hands full...

Jan 12, 2006
For some reason i think Aso will take less money to play in a place like Pitt...Baltimore or NYJ...rather than accept a big contract from us.....I hope im wrong..but i think our relationship with him is over.....I think he is gonna pull a Ron Artest and sign for less to get that ring...
ha ron artest is a beast! matt barnes did it too! if melo wants a ring he should do the same!

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Hes washed up. Like argentine said he benefited from having one of the best o lines ever.

He didnt do shit in Washington and why you think hes been outta work.

Remember he was a coach when Campbell was in Washington and they didnt do jack shit.

he's been working for the ravens. same team that slapped the shit out of your team in the playoffs, remember?