R.I.P. Steve Jobs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
Rip. Jobs is a badass. He dropped out of college and credits his vision as a result of his experiences with LSD.
2. College dropout
The lead mind behind the most successful company on the planet never graduated from college, in fact, he didn't even get close. After graduating from high school in Cupertino, California — a town now synonymous with 1 Infinite Loop, Apple's headquarters — Jobs enrolled in Reed College in 1972. Jobs stayed at Reed (a liberal arts university in Portland, Oregon) for only one semester, dropping out quickly due to the financial burden the private school's steep tuition placed on his parents.

8. Alternative lifestyle
In a few interviews, Jobs hinted at his early experience with the psychedelic drug LSD. Of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, Jobs said: "I wish him the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He'd be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger."

The connection has enough weight that Albert Hofmann, the Swiss scientist who first synthesized (and took) LSD, appealed to Jobs for funding for research about the drug's therapeutic use.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/8-things-didn-t-know-life-steve-jobs-172130955.html

Sep 25, 2005
I forgot to mention the man was adopted too, and a bhuddist lol. Anyways I think it's a prime example of the real American dream at work. All the self loathing have nots just ain't looking at it from the right angle.

May 15, 2002
2. College dropout
The lead mind behind the most successful company on the planet never graduated from college, in fact, he didn't even get close. After graduating from high school in Cupertino, California — a town now synonymous with 1 Infinite Loop, Apple's headquarters — Jobs enrolled in Reed College in 1972. Jobs stayed at Reed (a liberal arts university in Portland, Oregon) for only one semester, dropping out quickly due to the financial burden the private school's steep tuition placed on his parents.
That's why I laugh at people who think college is a requirement to be successful. Some of the richest people in our country either dropped out of college (Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, etc.) or never even went. I'm not telling anyone NOT to go, but I'm saying that if a person feels that they can't have shit because they didn't attend college....they're wrong.

Aug 24, 2003
lol thats 3 people out of like 6 billion people

lets all just drop out of college or never plan to go cause the odds we'll become billionaires are so great

lets just ignore that the vast vast vast majority of people who hit the 6 figure income range are college graduates

yea, lets just bet it all on the 3 in 6 billion chance that we'll come up with some multi billion dollar ideas while we sit around and do absolutely no work to reach that goal

you dirty hippy, get a fuckin education and a job you lazy ass

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
That's why I laugh at people who think college is a requirement to be successful. Some of the richest people in our country either dropped out of college (Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, etc.) or never even went. I'm not telling anyone NOT to go, but I'm saying that if a person feels that they can't have shit because they didn't attend college....they're wrong.
college is ideal only for those who want a job... you CAN be successful without a college education, but you better be a hustler.

::