QUESTION ABOUT PRO T00LS LE...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Its not hard at all But "I DO NOT HAVE A COMPUTER THAT RUNS LOGIC" so how hard will it be for me to save a session with 1 sound?
You have a computer that can run Logic. YOU DON'T HAVE AN OPERATING SYSTEM CAPABLE OF RUNNING LOGIC. Knowing this to be true a DUAL BOOT system would absolutely solve the problem , can be configured even though you have Vista installed, doesn't take a long time to do, and is far from rocket science.

http://www.syschat.com/dual-boot-vista-xp-vista-already-1946.html

However, if you go that route you must make sure SP2 and SP3 are NOT installed on the XP partition as this will cause issues with Logic.

If you already have an app that you like, Cubase for example, and it runs on Vista, I'd do the dual boot thing, install a copy of Logic (should be easy to find), render each track seperately as wav files and call it a day (or you can run the app from XP and not export or render.) However, you can also pay someone like Sydal to do this for you if he's capable of running the session, or you can buy a mac and be done with it. In the meantime I'll go through my "tools" disk and see if I have what you need. I'm looking at Logic 5.5.1 and I'm reading conflicting reports about it and Vista compatability. BTW, is your computer intel or amd based?

EDIT: On my tools disk I have "Emagic Logic Audio Platinum v4.1.1 with ES-1", do you think this may work with your system? If so I can send it your way as the install file is very small.

Thanks heresy, I dont think the V4.1.1 will work becuase my session are made in version 5.1.3. But I am looking into the dual boot senario. If that works I will be very pleased with you help.

@Syndal if this dont work I will be sending you a session to see if you could open it. Thanks people I really apreciate the help

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
m box sucks get yourseld a mac and motu !!it will be pricey but u will be happy then a motherfucker !!
I concur...I've had nothing but issues with the MBox as my interface. Every day I have to unplug it and plug it back in multiple times, as the audio starts skipping...which is why we're going the Apogee Duet route and dumping the MBox.

Jun 6, 2004
San Diego, CA
www.myspace.com
man i just got the mbox 2 mini and it came with the protools le... i installed it on my mac and im runnin os x... but the problem is that when i try to open protools it says that i need to run os 9.1 or higher in classic mode... i dont HAVE os 9... so what tha fucc do i do.... do i really have to download a 40 gb operating system that i dont need, just to run the protools le?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
but thats a downgrade...from os 10 to os 9
that doesnt make sense
It was like 1am or so when I answered the question so I may have read it wrong. Anyway, what you want to do is click the link I gave you as it will show you what versions of PT are compatible with your OS.

Heres another one

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=54&langid=100&categoryid=35&itemid=23158

Depending on your computer HW you may actually have to downgrade. I don't know what you have so I can't say, but hit the links provided and you'll be able to figure it out.