PS4 v xbox one?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Yea that argument would make sense if each were selling 1mil a week but theyre not. Its been like 8 weeks for the ps4, thats about 525k a week. Its been 7 wks for the x bone, thats about 428k a week

Last edited:

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Yea that argument would make sense if each were selling 1mil a week but theyre not. Its been like 8 weeks for the ps4, thats about 525k a week. Its been 7 wks for the x bone, thats about 428k a week
It does make sense. PS4 launched a week earlier and sold 1 million consoles. The difference between the two is a little over 1 million. The article is for their 2013 sales, which for PS4 was a little more than six weeks, and XBO was a little more than five weeks.

I'm not defending the Xbone, because quite frankly, I really don't want one at that price and I don't want Kinect either. I bought a PS4 at launch, and I fully expect it to continue to outsell the competition, but the fact remains that the difference between the two is the same as PS4's extra week on the market.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
No, its really not. Xbox also sold a million at launch so i dont know what youre smoking. For that to make sense youd be saying that xbox will sell 1 million at any given week which will not happen. They are selling about 428k a week. Theyre not going to all the sudden get a mass buying of 1mil consoles like ppl have been waiting for the consoles for years and is just launching. Its here, ps4 is clearly dominating in sales.

If you add one week of average sales to xboxes 3mil 7wk figure, that is still 3,428,000 to 4,200,000. If you subtract 1week of average ps4 sales That is still 3mil xbone sales to 3,675,000 mil ps4 sales at a theoretical 7weeks

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
The PS4 also had a one week head start, in which it sold probably 1 million consoles, which is about the difference between the two.

Once Sony and MS are able to supply the demand, then we'll really see which console is selling better. I assume it will still be PS4, because of the cheaper price point, as well their focus on gamers.
but wasnt ps4 only a limited release to usa and canada while xbox1 was released in 13 countries

Oct 3, 2006
I think it was expected that the PS4 would be leading given the price difference.

I am interested how it turns out though once exclusives start coming in, and more people start to turn to the XBox One over from the 360

Jan 18, 2006
PS4 hasnt even launched in Japan yet. PS4 is for real gonna be the highest selling console ever. Sony focused on the competitive regions first. They basically told Microsoft your not dominating the US in sales like yall did last time around

Last edited:

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
I was originally an X-box exclusively, "fuck Sony PS!", gamer from '04 to the end of 2010
when my 360 gave me the ring of death after a solid 4 yrs or so of service.
(my og x-box still goes and my baby primo plays it to this date) The next day
I went to rent a center and copped a ps3. That was the only console they had un-opened in stock and i wanted the blue ray player so i was like fuck it i'll copp it and mess with it til I buy a new x box soon enough...
Man, I like ps3 so much more I never got another 360 but bought a second ps3 (god of war red) and look forward to the ps4.
exclusives wise gears of war and halo were fun but they cant hold me!! Im not sure I fuck with any sony exclusives to tell you the truth but ive never been left out of something else I seen and really wanted but was x-box only... nevermind god of war is exclusive and that trumps those 2!!
not looking back and focusing on whats next all I can say is ps4 s 100$ cheaper.
there is a software that you can pay for and have access to play your old discs
and old playstation 1 and 2 games as well. cross console titles are offering a 10$ upgrade.
the x box one is useless with out the 5gb day one patch so internet is a huge thing to consider.
Same thing happen today at my rent to own spot except Vice Versa..
So yup I Copped an X Box One...
so far its pretty cool they way the voice commands are integrated wit my DirecTV box. Been a shit load of updates on my weak ass clear-net but im finally installing NBA2K14.

still gonna copp a ps4 with my tax refund.

Props: Tony and Tony
Jan 18, 2006
lol @ the graphics look better. You do realize a lot of PS4 games are and will be 1080P while X-Box will only be 720P. I dont even have to much further then that PS4 is a more powerful system. If ur biased thats fine but ur coming off as a fanboy. Honestly if i didnt have to many consoles already i would buy the One cuz of Forza and other exclusives but i sticking to just the PS4 this time i like PS+ much more then X-Box Live.