Prop 8

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

yay or nay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
^ church.

thats what has me the most torn in this prop actually. My religion. I want to vote yes just based off of that. But the government has made marriage an institution in itself, not just the church. To have certain priveleges, u need to be married, so this takes marriage outside of the bible which makes things confusing.

I would vote yes if it was just for the word marriage, but with all the beauracy attached to the insitution of marriage, it becomes a lot harder to advocate it based only on religious beliefs.

If a woman has a partner for 30 years and her partner gets breast cancer, that partner SHOULD BE ABLE TO VISIT her in the hospital period.

Im all about civil unions, but the word marriage falls into a grey area between religion and certain rights given to you by the government if you are.

Its a very complicated issue.

Anyway.... NO ON 4 SNITCHES!!!

TM1

Sicc OG
Jun 15, 2006
then that means government is getting involved with church forcing them to marry these people that goes completely against what they sacrifice their life for?
Being married in a church is mainly just for ceremony. They would get a marriage liscence from the state and marry in front of a judge or something, nothing is being forced on the church or any religion.

TM1

Sicc OG
Jun 15, 2006
I don't know any gay people, and yes I would probably be very disapointed if my son turned out gay, but I can't really deny them these rights.

Apr 8, 2005
You act like it's a choice, or something you can just "get into". No one can choose who they're attracted to. As for being socially acceptable, why should it be socially unacceptable to be gay? that's discrimination and it's not a choice so it shopuldn't be unacceptable.
there is no way to prove that it isnt a choice. personally i think it isnt, but i dont think you are just born gay and thats that. i think its some type of trauma or whatever in their childhood. i for sure think that a male having two homosexual male parents will possibly turn the child homosexual. the majority of your belief system is made up by the age of seven. so if this is the childs example of normal, it will be crafted into his belief system, there for it is something you can "get into" in my opinion being that people seek to be normal

Jul 24, 2008
this will lead to bigger shit, 20 years ago this would never even be considered, now it is, and your called a bigot for thinking that two ass fuckers (which is an abnormal act) should not be able to get married. whats next... people falling in love with animals and getting equal rights? this is just opening up for more abnormal shit to come
dem niggers and crackers gone get married oh noe

Nov 6, 2004
GOD CREATED ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE. YES ON 8
never thought I would agree with a 9er fan .. HAHA! for real tho .. for as long as mankind has been around marriage has ALWAYS been between a man and a woman .. why should that change now? it shouldnt. I dont agree with homosexuality at all but if they want to be together its whatever but as far a legalizing gay marriage that shit is unacceptable

Jul 24, 2008
then that means government is getting involved with church forcing them to marry these people that goes completely against what they sacrifice their life for?
See, I dont want this country to become Iran where the religion is law. Shit, alot of people don't believe in religion so I think we should leave it up to the chuuuuuuuuuch.

Jan 27, 2005
nothing is being forced on the church or any religion.
THAT'S KINDA A LIE RIGHT THERE. MY PASTOR SAID THAT EVERY PASTOR HAS TO SIGN THIS PAPER STATING THEY DON'T WANT TO WED GAY PEOPLE. IF THEY DONT SIGN IT AND A GAY COULPE ASK HIM TO MARRY THEM HE HAS TO AND IF HE SAYS NO THEN HE CAN GET SUED BUT IF HE SIGNS THIS PAPER HE HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY NO AND NOT GET SUED.

Feb 9, 2003
THAT'S KINDA A LIE RIGHT THERE. MY PASTOR SAID THAT EVERY PASTOR HAS TO SIGN THIS PAPER STATING THEY DON'T WANT TO WED GAY PEOPLE. IF THEY DONT SIGN IT AND A GAY COULPE ASK HIM TO MARRY THEM HE HAS TO AND IF HE SAYS NO THEN HE CAN GET SUED BUT IF HE SIGNS THIS PAPER HE HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY NO AND NOT GET SUED.
you're pastor is an idiot. religious institutions already don't marry gay couples.

Feb 9, 2003
No, no he can't. As a member of a religious faith he doesn't have to marry anyone. separation of church and state.

And if anyone here really cared all that much about the whole 'sanctity' of marriage then more than half of all marriages wouldn't end in divorce.

TM1

Sicc OG
Jun 15, 2006
there is no way to prove that it isnt a choice. personally i think it isnt, but i dont think you are just born gay and thats that. i think its some type of trauma or whatever in their childhood. i for sure think that a male having two homosexual male parents will possibly turn the child homosexual. the majority of your belief system is made up by the age of seven. so if this is the childs example of normal, it will be crafted into his belief system, there for it is something you can "get into" in my opinion being that people seek to be normal
Why the fuck would anyone choose to be gay? You can't choose who or what your attracted to, and I never said you were born gay. I think it's something that's developed during childhood and not some type of "trauma" or anything bad. It's like asking someone who likes sardines why they to eat sardines. They can't answer it's just something they like and have developed through life. As for being more acceptable I don't think that a one day explanation of marraige in school is going to turn hella people gay. Gay people are always shown on tv and shit. Gay people are already seen as negative and that doesn't stop anyone from being gay.

Jan 14, 2006
Why the fuck would anyone choose to be gay? You can't choose who or what your attracted to, and I never said you were born gay. I think it's something that's developed during childhood and not some type of "trauma" or anything bad. It's like asking someone who likes sardines why they to eat sardines. They can't answer it's just something they like and have developed through life. As for being more acceptable I don't think that a one day explanation of marraige in school is going to turn hella people gay. Gay people are always shown on tv and shit. Gay people are already seen as negative and that doesn't stop anyone from being gay.
im pretty sure A LOTT of people CHOOSE to be gay