Preseason Week 2 Raiders Vs Niners

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
Oakland is a hood ass city breh... folks in the town don't have money to drop on football games... people just tryin to survive... there's a lot more folks with money on the other side of the bridge.... that's real talk
real talk is that most of the fans that attend the 49er games are from the valleys breh! i remember reading a article how most 49er season ticket holders are from the stockton sac and modesto area. when i was attending school in fresno i would make the drive from fresno to sf for games. on the way there and back i would see a grip of people with caravans of 4 to 5 suvs making the same trip.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
So only people from Oakland are allowed at raider games? That's a bullshit excuse breh. I live in vallejo and have been a niners season ticket holder for 15 years. My town is bankrupt...
that's not what I'm saying, but I think it's safe to say that at least a somewhat decent percentage of people who go to Raiders games are from Oakland, and the same with the Niners and SF... I'm not even saying like 50% or anything, but enough to have an effect

if you think that doesn't play a role in ticket sales you're crazy

there are other reasons why.... I mean Raiders fans are typically known as more blue collar fan, "the working man" who typically isn't known for having the same type of disposal income as white collar educated "sophisticated" people (reputation of Niners fans)

not saying this stereotype is always true, I mean I have a college degree and sit behind a desk working for a bank (although I work in Oakland, extra irony) but I'm just sayin, that stereotype is likely true to a certain degree...

also, I do believe we lost a lot of fans when we moved to LA, no doubt. I mean my pops grew up in Oakland as a Raiders fan, he still roots for the team, and I've gone to games with him occasionally, but he lost interest when they moved to LA, I have no doubt the same can be said for a lot of other fans... it is what it is... the fan base is a lot more spread out, hence the term "Raider Nation" We have fans all over the country, most Niners fans are located in the Bay

another factor is I've heard local businesses will buy up extra seats for Niners games to prevent sellouts, and I've heard they don't typically do this for Raiders games (again... less money in the town....)

so are niners fans "better fans?" I guess they sellout more than us, so if that means they are, so be it...

personally I don't give a fuck... I go to games every year, I'm not a season ticket holder, but I show up at least a few times and always stick with my team... I'm a good fan, and that's all that matters to me.... fuck everybody else... besides, if I can get cheap tickets I'm all for it

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
real talk is that most of the fans that attend the 49er games are from the valleys breh! i remember reading a article how most 49er season ticket holders are from the stockton sac and modesto area. when i was attending school in fresno i would make the drive from fresno to sf for games. on the way there and back i would see a grip of people with caravans of 4 to 5 suvs making the same trip.
well I dunno bro

maybe you're right... I'm making assumptions for sure... but I feel like there has to be some connection, I could very well be wrong, just a theory of mine...

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
damn 49er fans lets give up on our sqad just like raider fans. i wish most of our fan base was based in socal like the raiders fans are. because two straight decades of shitty attendance has finally paid off for raider fans. they are basically handing out 2 tickets for the price of one when the jets and patriots come into oakland. or single game tickets for 45 dollars anywhere in the stadium for the rest of the season. i just looked on ticket master for 49er tickets and the season is damn near sold out. unless you want some nose bleeds for 80 bucks against the cardinals. 49er fans>RAIDER FANS 5bowls>3bowls 49ers havent loss to the raiders in a decade. all the raiders got on us is they have a top 5 qb in cambell who had his spot tooken by bruce gradkowski a 3rd string qb. while we are stuck with a useless bottom 5 qb in alex"never loss to the raiders" smith
If we would let the opposing teams fans go to the games without harrassing them we might get somewhere...I have 4 kids and if i dont get someone to watch them i aint going...To say the least raider games are not kid or family friendly which sucks....

There are alot of Raider fans who fuck it up for the rest and give us a black eye and a bad name....One of my forty niner fan homies was talking to a so called raider fan who is the other homies younger brothers friend...

The niner fan asked him to name 10 players on the team and the so called raider fan couldnt do it...He was asking me for help..and i had to tell him he was on his own...Alot of raider fans talk shit just to talk and dont know shit about football or the raiders...They are just fans of the raiders because it gives them an opportunity to talk shit...

Id say 30% of raider fans dont know jack shit....

Nov 1, 2004
My family has had 2 Raider season tickets since they came back to Oakland. Since then, we split the cost between 4 people because we don't got money to drop on football tickets. Lot of other things got to come before a football game.

The Raiders are a hood team. Always have been, always will be.
The middle class is broke right now, you think the hood is going? Fuck no.

I just hope the Raiders games are on Veetle this year

Dec 12, 2006
that's not what I'm saying, but I think it's safe to say that at least a somewhat decent percentage of people who go to Raiders games are from Oakland, and the same with the Niners and SF... I'm not even saying like 50% or anything, but enough to have an effect

there are other reasons why.... I mean Raiders fans are typically known as more blue collar fan, "the working man" who typically isn't known for having the same type of disposal income as white collar educated "sophisticated" people (reputation of Niners fans)

jesus christ, brah brah most of the people over here in the city of SF that have money dont give two fucks about the 9ers cuz there from every where but here in the first place, if you go to a 9er game you know by what section of the parking lot your in whose from here and a diehard and the casual fan

All that other more blue collar nonsense is just bullshit that all raider fans feed themselves and most 9er fans know its a cute little joke and just roll wit it. All that Oakland is more hood bullshit, bro you prolly work downtown, and who the fuck cares, and oakland is much more than just a hood ass city, take a nice little trip up to rockridge one of these days

Dec 12, 2006
SF is one of the most pro union cities in the country and the fact that we have lost a huge part of our heavy industry over the last 30-40 years has accelerated the whole SF white collar or something and Oakland blue collar lil mentality thing, the high majority of people who go to 9ers games do not leave the stick and go into the city of SF because its too expensive, so if you wanna say Oakland is more hood than SF fine cool u got that tell your friends and family but if someway you think that somehow reflects into your fan base beein hella mainy or somethin and now ur a tough guy cuz your teams stadium is in Oakland......ur trippin, basically stop listening to so much rap go get one of those blue collar jobs your talkin about, granted its hard right now, but u will find u got less time to act like a thug just cuz ur a raider fan

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
jesus christ, brah brah most of the people over here in the city of SF that have money dont give two fucks about the 9ers cuz there from every where but here in the first place, if you go to a 9er game you know by what section of the parking lot your in whose from here and a diehard and the casual fan

All that other more blue collar nonsense is just bullshit that all raider fans feed themselves and most 9er fans know its a cute little joke and just roll wit it. All that Oakland is more hood bullshit, bro you prolly work downtown, and who the fuck cares, and oakland is much more than just a hood ass city, take a nice little trip up to rockridge one of these days
lol... neither of us can be 100% sure without hard statistics to back up our claims... so we could argue all day, but until we see numbers then nobody is proving shit... I already admitted it's just a theory, and I could be wrong

I do work downtown... no shit... I said I work for a bank... you think there's a lot of office buildings in the acorn projects or the twomps?? lol... I never said I worked in the hood, so what's you're fucking point???

and I live right near Rockridge.... and I'll be the first to admit it's nothing close to being hood... it's hipster central...

with that being said... a large portion of Oakland is really ghetto... if you don't think that you're fucking retarded... I'm not trying to act like I'm cool because Oakland is hood, I'm just saying it is what it is. I realize SF isn't all rich white yuppies, and I realize there are rich white yuppies in center areas of Oakland... but I'm willing to bet that the average salary of people in SF is greater than that of the average salary of people in Oakland... and being that the teams play in SF and Oakland, anyone with 1/10 of a brain would have to assume that it has at least SOME type of impact on ticket sales...

or maybe Raiders fans are just bad fans... I don't fucking know... this argument is going nowhere. I don't give a fuck... I'm gonna buy some 2 for 1 tickets and kick it with some terrible fans.... oh yup

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
but if someway you think that somehow reflects into your fan base beein hella mainy or somethin and now ur a tough guy cuz your teams stadium is in Oakland......ur trippin, basically stop listening to so much rap go get one of those blue collar jobs your talkin about, granted its hard right now, but u will find u got less time to act like a thug just cuz ur a raider fan
did I EVER say one fucking thing about that?

I never said SHIT about our fans being tough or "hella mainy"

I'm speaking strictly on income and ticket sales

please stop putting words in my mouth

lol @ me acting like a thug, really??? explain...

Dec 12, 2006
Im speakin generally for the most part I wouldnt tell someone working in a bank to give up his job and go do whatever

and im not tryna and Im sorry if I came off as if I was launching a direct assault on you cuz I can see how it would like that but for the most i was commenting on a general raiders mentality of football and the bay, were raider fans and were mainy and those are 9er fans so there whatever

that and you sound really cute talkin about how hood oakland is and acorn n so on n what not

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Im speakin generally for the most part I wouldnt tell someone working in a bank to give up his job and go do whatever

and im not tryna and Im sorry if I came off as if I was launching a direct assault on you cuz I can see how it would like that but for the most i was commenting on a general raiders mentality of football and the bay, were raider fans and were mainy and those are 9er fans so there whatever

that and you sound really cute talkin about how hood oakland is and acorn n so on n what not

did you just fucking say I sound cute...

fuck is wrong with you, son?

Dec 12, 2006
you just sound like a little baby child just a bright eyed ball of wonderment learning about life in the urban jungle and the ghetto and what not and so forth

I mean just the idea that your gonna make a statement that most of oakland is wheely ghetto and stuff and some how there is a correlation between that and ticket sales to sports teams with followings around the world...i dunno.....i think you should check the number of cards in your deck on that one, thats just me tho

Jun 1, 2002
The reason that SF consistently sells out is because their Marketing Dept. sells sets of season tickets cheap to locals tech companies and businesses, PERIOD. That's why you see "sold out" niner games on TV when there are actually hella empty seats. Most of those tickets never even get used.

Oakland is a city in a much worse socio-economic condition than SF, PERIOD, but that's a whole other issue.

The whole blackout argument that niner fans spew is total bullshit, and any fan who knows a thing or two about NFL Marketing will confirm this. You guys don't have a more comitted fanbase, just a more cut-throat Marketing Org.