prescription meds in drinking warter

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 8, 2005
i dont drink water like that, i found this bottled water that is carbonated with natural flavor so its still no carbs, suger, calories, no nothing, and their like 2 for a dollar for 32 ounces

Sep 25, 2005
Looks like its working on you - you cant even spell "water" anymore. That's too bad. I just drink beer instead.

May 17, 2002
www.xianex.com
There was a news report about trace amounts in our water on my local news.

I can't trip though. . . I smoke black and mild milds to the plastic. . . I know I got all kindsa toxins in my system as is. the water is probably the least of my concern

Apr 29, 2006
it's trace amounts, there are some reasons to think these have some influence on the environment, but more research is needed to prove it; no need to panic;

more on the subject:

http://www.seedmagazine.com/news/20...tent=magazine&utm_campaign=internal+linkshare
are you a fda spokesman? having a mix of trace amounts every single time you drink water can not be healthy. theres been a large increase in male sterilization recently and the general thinking in the medical community is that a large cause is all of the birth control hormones in the drinking water.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
are you a fda spokesman? having a mix of trace amounts every single time you drink water can not be healthy. theres been a large increase in male sterilization recently and the general thinking in the medical community is that a large cause is all of the birth control hormones in the drinking water.
many other factors can be the cause for that

Apr 29, 2006
Most meds are metabolized Hepatically...............

So ...........

Your wrong//........
youre very smart

Human use of pharmaceutical drugs and personal care products has increased to
extremely high levels. Several kilotons of nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drugs, such as
ibuprofen, alone are produced annually worldwide (Cleuvers 2003). Pharmaceuticals and
PCPs eventually get washed from the body and enter water systems, ultimately winding
up in the effluent of wastewater treatment plants and aquatic environments. Since
medical substances are developed with the intention of performing some sort of
biological function, they have a tendency to bioaccumulate and induce effects in aquatic
and terrestrial ecosystems (Halling-Sorensen et al. 1998).
Every journal article I reviewed acknowledged that pharmaceuticals and PCPs are being
released into the environment. Not only are these products being released after usage, but
also during manufacturing and disposal of unused or expired drugs (Breton and Boxall
2003). Millions of prescription and nonprescription drugs are purchased and ingested by
or applied on individuals. Ingested drugs are eventually excreted from individua ls
through urine or feces. Buhner (2002) states that high percentages of many
pharmaceuticals can be excreted from the body unmetabolized and enter wastewater as
biologically active substances. A specific example that supports this claim is provided in
a study published in the scientific journal, Chemosphere, by Klaus Kummerer (2001),
which states that 90% of the drug, propofol found in anesthesia, is excreted
unmetabolized. This is a very high percentage and it illustrates that large amounts of
various unmetabolized pharmaceuticals are being released into wastewater where their
environmental impacts are not well known.
Unmetabolized pharmaceuticals are often the most non-biodegradable substances in the
environment (Stuer-Lauridsen et al. 2000). Their intrinsic medicinal properties give them
the tendency to bioaccumulate in other organisms besides humans and thereby potentially
provoke effects on the biota of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems (Halling-Sorensen
1998). Many pharmaceuticals are often persistent and lipophilic - able to pass through
cell membranes, which allows them to carry out specific biological functions. Many
pharmaceuticals are relatively stable to avoid being biologically inactivated before
carrying out the ir intended pharmaceutical effects in the body.