POST/READ ALL SOUTHERN ARTIST INTERVIEWS HERE!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
POST ALL DOWN SOUTH ARTIST INTERVIEWS RIGHT HERE
[FORUM POLICY]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

WE(as in all members of this forum) ARE GOING START POSTING UP SOUTHERN INTERVIEWS, ARTICLES, ALL READING MATERIAL FROM THE ARTIST AND ABOUT THE ARTIST IN THIS THREAD...

-FUCC A RUMOR
-FUCC A MYTH
-FUCC HE SAID, SHE SAID BS

YOU AND I ARE ENTITLED TO THE REAL DEAL AND NOTHING LESS...

IF YOU HAVE OLD/NEW INTERTIVEWS, ARTICLES PLZ CONTIBUTE AND GIVE PROPER CREDIT TO THE SOURCE...

BY THE WAY, IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO R-E-A-D, THEN YOU MAY HAVE A PROBLEM IN THIS THREAD.

-POST ARTIST PICTURES AS WELL

D-LOCC

--------------------------------------------------------

This week SOHH chops it up with Bun B of UGK about his upcoming solo album and the Houston Hip-Hop scene he helped to build.

Pimp C and Bun B of UGK are the perennial underdogs, the greatest unsung heroes of Houston hip-hop. Throughout the 90's they held it down for H-Town, but label troubles and industry politics kept them from the fame and sales figures they deserved. In 2000 Jay-Z gave them a chance to shine on "Big Pimpin," but before they could build on that exposure Pimp C was sentenced to 8 years in prison for aggravated assault. Many men would fold after so many setbacks, but Bun B stayed firmly on the grind, keeping his voice heard with his side project the Mddl Fngz, and guest appearances with everyone from TI to Jim Jones. And now that Houston's next generation has taken the industry by storm, Bun B finally sees his hometown in the spotlight, and he tells SOHH he's ready to step up front and center.

SOHH: So what's going on right now in the world of Bun B?

Bun B: I'm putting together a solo album right now; it's called "Trill."

SOHH: And what can we expect to hear on that?

Bun B: Some trill ass shit, man! I'm working with Lil Jon, Mannie Fresh, Jazze Pha, David Banner, Cool and Dre, Mr. Lee, and my in-house production team. We're putting together a super star-studded team from the South, the best producers we got down here. People like Kanye West have also offered to work with me, but I'm just trying to make sure we make the South happy. I mean I definitely want to work with people like Kanye and Just Blaze. I want to get in the studio with them and see if we can do something that will still be faithful to the South, but also kinda give me a chance to stretch my rapping. Basically, with this album, I'm trying to keep cats going in the right direction because we've got a lot of shine in the South right now and we need to take full advantage.

SOHH:How does it feel to see Houston finally blowing up like it is now; after all the years you put into the game?

Bun B: It's a beautiful thing. I'm just happy that I was able to be here when it happened; to still be a valid artist who can take advantage of the situation. I think we all knew it would happen in time. The trip took a little longer than everybody expected but I think that's good because it gave artists down here a chance to sharpen up their business skills. The talent was always here, but as the game changes it's important to have that strong business sense. So all the time it took was good for us because since we didn't get a lot of notoriety and a lot of press in the South, all we had to fall back on was learning how to make the most out of the money we got. So, that's what we concentrated on. That's why now that we have the opportunity to shine, we're gonna reap all the benefits. I'm so proud to see all these H-Town rappers now like Slim Thug, Paul Wall, Mike Jones, my boys the Mddl Fngz, Chamillionaire. These cats are really going to do it.

SOHH: What advice do you give to these younger artists, so they can avoid the pitfalls UGK ran into?

Bun B: There is money to be made, good money, but only if you know the business beforehand. Just having a good record and being hot doesn't guarantee you money. If you don't know the business, you will not be paid what you're worth. And make sure you have a way to support yourself outside of this music stuff because it's a long road before you finally do get that check and signing bonus. There's a lot of cats trying to do it and it may not pay off tomorrow. So just make sure you set up other ways to support yourself and your family. Then along the way that'll give you a better sense of how to manage money anyway. So, when you do get that big check you'll know what to do with it.

SOHH: Do too many rappers make the mistake of buying up material things instead of investing?

Bun B: I know most cats did. I did. It depends how young you are and what you've done with money before. I'd had a little money before but not the kind we saw when we signed. So, of course, I made the wrong moves with it because I didn't have the right guidance. But at that time in rap, back in '92 or '93, nobody really knew what was going on. A lot of cats were still learning then. So, hopefully now I can teach cats through the mistakes that I made; because I'm not ashamed to say, ‘I fucked up here, I blew money there.' I was able to go back out there and get it, but a lot of cats may not get that second chance. So, it's best to be smart the first time around.

SOHH: What's the status of UGK's label situation with Jive?

Bun B: The group UGK is still signed to Jive and they say we have to give them one more album. So, we're just waiting for Pimp C to come home. Then hopefully we can just give them that and get on with business elsewhere.

SOHH: How is Pimp C holding up? How often do you have contact with him?

Bun B: I'm in contact with him as much as possible. In Texas you don't get a lot of phone calls. So, it's mostly through letters and what not. He comes up for parole later this year. He's keeping his head up, you know. He's done his time pretty good, but right now he is getting a little anxious. I mean not to where he would do anything crazy, but right now it's like, ‘Alright, it's time to get up out of here!'

SOHH: How have you kept your head up all this time --between the years of struggling with the label and then losing your partner?

Bun B: Well for one, I can't really sit around and feel sorry for myself because I'm on the street. Times get hard, sh!t gets rough for me and all, but at least I'm here on the street and there are things I can do about my situation. My man is locked up; so there's nothing he can really do except sit his time out. I do get down at times. I get tired; I get weary. But I gotta rep for my man, because I know he would do it for me.

SOHH: There's a lot of talk right now about the treatment of women in Hip-Hop, do you think rappers need to take more responsibility for that?

Bun B: Well I mean, women have been exploited by men since the beginning of time. I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm just saying that's a fact. It didn't start with rap. We didn't start the objectification of women and it won't end with us. I think before you start talking about what happens to a young lady when she gets around a rapper, I think you need to start informing our young sisters more often a little earlier in life about sense of self. It takes a more than a song for a young lady to belittle herself. That goes with lack of self confidence, lack of home training; a lot of different elements come into play with that.

SOHH: What about all the beef in Hip-Hop these days? Why does it get so much more out of control than the battles from back in the day?

Bun B: Well you know, you used have more rappers than gangsters, but now you have more gangsters than rappers, somewhat. People try to tell you that's not true, but there's definitely that element in rap now that wasn't there before. Nowadays you can't just say something about somebody on a record. Somebody's gonna do something, so you have to be very cautious.

You know that men, men or women, people are always gonna have problems. I just think that with the age of the Internet and mixtapes people can be a little more vocal and immediate about their problems. I think pressure from the mixtapes and stuff has people feeling like they have to handle things a certain way. I'm sure the fans enjoy that and I'm sure some rappers do benefit, but I'm not sure how rap in general benefits. But that's not for me to know because I don't have rap beef.

SOHH: You've done a ton of guest appearances lately, on mixtapes and other people's records. What's the strategy behind that?

Bun B: It's not so much a strategy, just really trying to keep the name out. There's a certain amount of features that I would do anyway, but I'm probably doing two or three times as many to make up for all the features that Pimp C would be doing in different places, to spread the UGK [name]. I have to concentrate on making sure we have a buzz in the West, a buzz Down South, a buzz on the East and the Midwest --wherever we need to have something cracking.

SOHH: How do you keep enough rhymes ready to do that many appearances? Do you keep a book of rhymes ready or do you write each one on the spot?

Bun B: Nah, anybody who knows me knows I don't keep a tablet or anything. I hear the music and then I write right there on the spot. Something could happen to me on the way to the studio that may benefit the rhyme. So, I try not to have too many things written out in advance. I've been able to lead a life that's offered me a lot of experiences, so I've always got a lot of sh!t that I can talk about. Whatever the situation is, whatever the topic, I've been through it. It's just a matter of putting it in rhyme form.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
SOHH: One of the illest collabos you did was with the UK emcee Dizzee Rascal. How did that happen?

Bun B: A friend of mine, Matt Sonzala, turned me onto him. I heard a couple of his tracks and it was a different sound, but he's a real emcee and I liked his flow. No matter what different styles the music has, if you're real about emceeing you will always recognize flow. Just like he's in London with the cockney slang and then he's Jamaican as well, but at the same time he was listening to my shit and he could feel the vibe. He could understand flow. So when we met we had a mutual respect for each other. We stayed in contact with phone calls and e-mails to make sure that we got together and got a track recorded without leaving it up to the record company or the management.

SOHH: Do you see similarities between Houston rap and that UK grime scene?

Bun B: Absolutely, I mean neither one has had outlets afforded for us to really get our shit out there. So, we've had to go out there and make things happen for ourselves. I think overseas they respect that about us in the South because they don't really have the outlets just like we didn't.

SOHH: When you do everything for yourself that keeps it raw and pure. Do you worry that Houston hip-hop might lose that purity as it gets pulled into the mainstream?

Bun B: As long as the people down here making the music keep their feet rooted in the streets and stay down with the hood, then we should be alright. It's only when you get exposure and start thinking you have to act a certain way, dress a certain way, or hang with certain people that sh!t gets messed up. So as long as everybody stays focused and represents the South the way they're supposed to, the way people like Scarface and myself and Eightball and MJG have been representing, then we should be fine.

Mar 30, 2005
YEA GOOD LOOKIN ON THAT. BUN B HAS BEEN SLEPT ON BY THE MAJORITY OF MAINSTREAM. AND A LOT OF UNDAGROUND. PEOPLE KNOW OF HIM AND UGK , BUT DON'T GIVE HIM HIS PROPER DUES.

Feb 23, 2003
GANXSTA NIP INTERVIEW!!

Your one of the fathers of the Horrorcore scene. How far back do you think you first started coming with horror style lyrics in your music?

Well you know I was doin that shit like... about 7 years before I even came out... Really about... since like late '84 or '85 I was just in the begining process of it it all. It was always sick.

What do you think of artist like Brotha Lynch, and Esham who also contributed to the scene?

I got love for them brothas. Them cats is... they just add a helping hand in what were all trying to do. They helping bring the horrorcore into the light. I love Esham's shit and Lynch be hard. I got love for them cats man, you know that my nigga. We all did and still doin what we came out to do.

You sold hundreds of thousands of records when you were first signed to Rap-A-Lot and then for a while you started doing your music independently with "The Origninator of the Psycho Style". How well did that do in Housin?

Out the trunk it did about 37,000. Out the trunk. I'm still sellin it too. Just doin my thing, it got me where I needed to be again. To show these mothafuckas I can do shit by myself too.

Thats just in Houstin right? I know that DJ Screw used to sell 10,000 a week out the house.

Out here, thats how shit goes.

It goes to show Major label or not, people really love that psych shit you've been putting down. I've heard a lot about these NIP parties your die hard fans have. Can you tell me what goes on at these parties from what you've heard?

Yeah man them cats. They some white guys up from New York they be throwin NIP parties. They get drunk and spray paint my name on peoples cars and peoples houses man. Poppin pills, rollin up blunts and just gettin psyched. They off the hook...

For those who don't know, what is Psych Ward?

Psych ward man, is just a bunch of cats, you know thats just like a off setting of the South Park Coalition with one goal. To put horrorcore on the scene. We in terrorist times, we need terroist rhymes... You feel me my nigga? We got that boy Big Ron, Less Ness, that my boy Young Tattoo, my boy planet Mars... Mars, you gotta feel that man. I got some females who gonna be putting down some singing and shit. The SPC, when we all link up we all a family. When I do my SPC album it will be Psych Ward and South Park Coalition.

You are now working a lot with Mars, how does it feel to be helping introduce the world to a whole new era of horror rap?

I feel good man. I just thank god my style would come and last so long. To be able to help shit get to where it gotta be. Like people think I be hatin Eminem. I respect Eminem for helping put the shit in peoples faces... I created this shit but I know I dont have to be the one to help blow it up. Eminem is watered down shit. Pure one hundred percent horrorcore is the shit me and Mars finna do. Its gonna be the shit. I'm doing his intro up and all kinds of shit with Mars.. I'm gonna do it up with shit like "Welcome!!" Im gonna lead off all psyched out on his shit with that psych voice I be doin. The tracks we doin is on some whole other shit.

So your now back on Rap-A-Lot for their resurrection, what do you have in store for your new album?

"The Return Of The Psychopath" is just letting them cats know I'm back to take my rightful place. Its gonna be my own shit... The same old shit just on a higer level. All original. No Samples. Live bass and live leads.

Do you think you'll have some colabs with Rap-A-Lot artists like Devin The Dude?

Me and Devin real cool. I am real cool with Devin. Hes the one who called and put D-12 in touch with me. They know I created that shit and they wanted to meet me. They showed me love, them cats.

You ever fuck with Big Moe from the Screwed Up Click out on 3rd Ward? His shit is off the hook.

I never did nothing with him but when we see each other we embrace each and shit. We know each other. Never been in the studio with him. Hes up on 3rd Ward on the other side of town. I've been in the game long enough and people recognise me and shit out here. I got love.

I apperciate this shit dog. I want to thank you on behalf of Horrorcore.com and for takin time out to speak on some shit.

Its all love my nigga. You can print this. I just want to thank Allah to let my style last this long no matter whos mouth is comin out. As long as its out there....

Dec 25, 2003
Sicc interview! Thanks fo hookin it up! I always wanted to hear more material outta him; right now I only own Interview wit a Killa & that track wit Lynch "Westside Dirty South" was a bangin ass classsiccc!!!!!! Sicccmade!!!

Dec 25, 2003
The track is called "Westside/Dirty South" & its off "The Virus" which was another Black Market Brotha Lynch release; the next collection after EBK4... You can still get it at some places tho...

Dec 3, 2002
Justin said:
For those who don't know, what is Psych Ward?

Psych ward man, is just a bunch of cats, you know thats just like a off setting of the South Park Coalition with one goal. To put horrorcore on the scene. We in terrorist times, we need terroist rhymes... You feel me my nigga? We got that boy Big Ron, Less Ness, that my boy Young Tattoo, my boy planet Mars... Mars, you gotta feel that man. I got some females who gonna be putting down some singing and shit. The SPC, when we all link up we all a family. When I do my SPC album it will be Psych Ward and South Park Coalition.

man if they bring heat i wont even hate on tha fact they name jaccin :ermm:

Oct 10, 2002
Point Blank Interview.. Old but interesting

Here is and Old Interview of Point Blank from 2000 found some interesting stuff in there

Tell me about your new album.
POINT BLANK: It’s called Bad Newz Travels Fast. I got everybody who anybody in the South on the record. UGK, Willie D, DJ Screw, C-Note of the Botany Boys, Mean Green, Lil’ Keke, everybody who was on “Wanna Be A Baller”, Wreckless Klan, C-Loc, South Park Mexican, Ganksta NIP, just everybody. I got everybody in the South down wit me man. I did songs wit Big Mike, everybody.
That’s a lot of guest appearances but is there a lot of Point Blank on there too?
Hell yeah there’s a lot of Point Blank. I got ten albums worth of songs.
You must have been working on that for some time, to hook all those names up.
Three years, that’s why you ain’t heard from me. I been workin’, gettin’ my business together. I got my own company Wreckless Entertainment, I got Wreckless Klan Productions, I got Wreckless Klan my group, Water Boy Productions. Man I’m finna blow the fuck up, ain’t no stoppin’ me. Only thing that was stoppin’ me was the devil. Now I got Jesus in my life I’mma be a millionaire man. I was in the movie H-Town M.O.B. I came through and everybody in the South on that.
What producers you got on your album?
Platinum and gold producer Mike B. That’s my sole producer. Dude that fucks with ‘Face, Big Mike. Joe Trax, J.B., Rico, Swift, all the hard hitters man. I got my own production company, I produce too.
What type of songs you got on there?
Man, I got shit for everybody man. I got songs that 40-year-old people can listen to, I got the hardcore shit, I got the shit for the women. I got everything man, it’s an all-round album, it’s all 74 minutes. I give everybody everything, I ain’t tryna cut nothing back.
How does this one compare with your first three?
Man this the best album I ever made. The album off the hook. There’s more to come. I’m gonna go further than 2Pac. I’m way smarter than Biggie and I ain’t goin’ out like ‘Pac. That’s the one thing I got over 2Pac right now. I do respect them dudes. Eazy-E, all of ‘em, I love ‘em. Run DMC my idols, Michael Jordan my idol. But Run DMC ya know - that’s why I started. After Bad Newz Travels Fast then I got Bad Newz 2000 starring DJ Screw, the Down South Don, he screwed-up my whole album. The Wreckless Klan new album comin’ out called Wreckless Times In Tha Ghetto, I got Tha Cutthroats comin’ out, they album called Sacrifice. I got The Best Of Point Blank comin’ out which I’mma get paid off all the stuff I didn’t get paid off, I’m gonna re-release every album on one album, that gonna be a double CD or a triple CD, however long it gotta be. Then I got Ice Lord of the Wreckless Klan, Horrifying Truth, I got a lot of stuff goin’ on, I got the new South Park Coalition album comin’ out. It’s goin’ down man.
Takin’ it back, you’re from Chicago originally?
Yeah, I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. I went to Farragut Career Academy, the same school Kevin Garnett come from. My favourite teacher was Mr. Raper. He tried to guide me right back then but I was just goin’ left. Ya know, I got it all together now.
Listening to you and Ganksta NIP I always got the impression that your shit was a little deeper.
Most definitely ‘coz I kick the real life stuff, I don’t hallucinate. I don’t talk about what I don’t have, I don’t talk about the cars in every song. I just talk about what I go through man, I can’t tell you what I’m finna rap about, I just rap straight from the heart.
Did you ever follow the Nation Of Islam?
I never was in the Nation Of Islam. I believe in Jesus Christ. That’s NIP and Dope-E man. Ya know what I’m sayin’, they misled? I pray for ‘em ya know, but I can’t follow that ‘coz they don’t believe in God. I believe in God.
When did you leave Chicago?
I got here in ‘92 but I came in Houston and then I left ‘coz I didn’t like the schooling. So I went back home, I was gettin’ in a buncha trouble, me and my brother .38, R.I.P. I miss my brother man. I wish he was here right now.
That’s five years he’s been gone...
Yeah, he died August 18th, ‘95. He been gone a long time now. I got ‘.38' tattooed on my neck, I got ‘fuck you’ tattooed on my stomach and ‘Point Blank’ on my chest. I wanna say rest in peace to Fat Pat too, Screwed-Up Click. I’m part of the Screwed-Up Click now.
You’re a big influence, especially in Texas because you’ve been around.
Yeah, everybody’s been bitin’ my shit since I been gone. But now I’m back claimin’ n’ shit. Ain’t nothin’ but respect. Like Three 6 Mafia, they tried to sign me. When “Tear Da Club Up” first started gettin’ hot Paul used to call me every day. Then when I told him the figures I wanted he stopped callin’. I’mma tell you the truth. It’s all for the best.
What’s the Houston rap scene like at the moment?
Man, a buncha haters man! I’m not finna lie to ya, I’m not finna sugar coat nothin’. I’m not finna think of what to say to you. You ask me a question I’m gonna answer it straight up. It’s a bunch of love, true enough, but it’s a bunch of haters, don’t nobody wanna see nobody else come up. Ain’t nobody out here really got no money and did what they supposed to do - and I’m just tellin’ you the truth. None of ‘em come back to the hood and do what they supposed to do. Get they money, run and hide, they high cap. They don’t take care of no business. They ain’t lookin’ out for nobody, they haters and they jealous. There’s a buncha jealousy goin’ on out here and a bunch of big-headed, fake-ass MCs. I’mma tell you the truth, I’m from Chi-Town. I’m in it but I can tell you about these cats ‘coz I’m not from here. These cats fake man, a lot of ‘em.
But you must be tight with everyone on your album?
I’m cool with a lot of ‘em but a lot of ‘em I ain’t cool wit, it’s just business. A lot of ‘em I’m cool with and have a lot of love for but ya know, several of ‘em is fake-ass niggas but I just put ‘em on the album ‘coz it’s business. Learn how to separate the business from bullshit. I’mma tell ya like this man. My mama told me if I ain’t got nothin’ good to say don’t say nothin’ but I got to comment. Master P gave me a gold plaque but my kids can’t eat that plaque. You understand what I’m sayin’? The cat owes me some money man. I want my money. I love Master P, ya know what I’m sayin’, I got No Limit shit on, I go to No Limit’s store, buy all this shit. But I just don’t respect that he one of the top paid men in the world, he in the books, he do interviews with Puffy and Russell Simmons, and he round here owin’ muthafuckers money. Pay people for what they do man. That man never thanked me, that man never told me shit. And I’m on this double-plat.
Over here the rap scene’s always been more into New York, more into the idea of freestylin’ and shit like that.
I like Jay-Z, I love DMX. But them (freestyle) niggas be talkin’ that crazy shit. You got a lot of people that can freestyle like Klondike Kat. There’s good people out here, ain’t even been heard yet. Muthafuckers like Z-Ro. These muthafuckin’ niggas out here, they get this muthafuckin’ money, the ho-ass nigga’s the ones that’s makin’ it ya know what I’m sayin? I ain’t speakin’ on all of ‘em. I’m just sayin’ these bitch-ass niggas gettin’ all the breaks. All the real dope-ass niggas strugglin’ man! They tried to black-ball me after N-Tha-Do’, honest truth.
Scarface always got respect from Texas over here.
Yeah Scarface got love, ya know what I’m sayin’? Scarface tried to sign me a lot of times but you know I was caught up in them contracts. Scarface told me I was too dope not to be heard. Willie D said I had a dope-ass name. They my homeboys. Rap-A-Lot was doin’ so much stuff. Lil’ J love me man, I love Lil’ J. Lil’ J the king. Lil’ J started this shit. He used to call me, he don’t call everybody.
And you’re feelin’ UGK also?
I love UGK. I started with UGK. We did some good videos. I used to tour with UGK before Prone even came out. I used to perform my stuff on UGK’s shows. I got nothin’ but to show Bun B and Pimp C love. Bun B all over my album. I did songs with Bun B that we ain’t even put out yet.
Do you look at the Internet?
I ain’t got computers and stuff. Through Jesus I just started bein’ blessed. I’m a struggler man, I’mma surviver, I live off the streets. Anything I can catch, kill, eat. I went through a lot of different stuff, picked up a lot of cases. I was on them drugs real bad. I ain’t gonna lie to ya, I was smokin’ that weed, I was smokin’ that fry, goin’ crazy man. Picked up a lot of cases and I’m in drug class. I just wanna tell all the kids it ain’t the place to be. They be trippin’ on that water water and the shit’s drivin’ muthafuckers crazy man. Muthafuckers on the news the other day in South Park, killed this girl. All on TV tellin’ the laws they killed her. Then they just had a dude on TV today runnin’ naked on the freeway. That’s that fry man, that’s like the new millennium drug, smokin’ sherm. Killin’ us man, killin’ all my homies. I don’t smoke no mo’. I don’t smoke weed, I don’t smoke fry, I don’t smoke nothin’. I smoke a bunch of cigarettes ‘coz I just gotta have that puffin’ feelin’. But you know, I’m finna get cigarettes that ain’t got no nicotine in ‘em.
Cigarettes will kill you quicker than the weed man.
I know but is there any way I can get some cigarettes with no nicotine? I just need to puff something.
Those nicotine patches are supposed to get you off that shit.
I’m not addicted to cigarettes. I smoke ‘em because I guess it just reminds me of the drugs.

Oct 10, 2002
How old are you?
Twenty-eight.
So you feel like you’ve cleaned up now?
I’m in the process of cleanin’ up. I’m not finna lie to you and tell you I’m fully clean, I went to drug class last night, gotta go tonight.
So you’re seeing more clearly now?
Yeah. And when I look at these stupid muthafuckers smokin’ that shit I be like ‘damn! that’s how I be actin’?’ I hate to see it, it hurt my heart. You know this when you see these platinum muthafuckers and don’t hear from ‘em no mo’. You wonder what they doin’. Muthafuckers be drug addicts, locked up. They don’t know they be blessed man.
For people who don’t know Point Blank, how would you break down your shit?
I’m hardcore man, ghetto rotten to the core. Get your head out the ghetto your body’ll follow, I’ll tell ‘em you lose it all today where I’mma go tomorrow. I kick the reality shit, I kick the hardcore shit. I don’t like that old happy-ass shit. I love that hardcore, straight-to-the-point, street rough shit. Tough lyrics that make sense, mean something ya know what I’m sayin’? Different styles, I kick everything man. I can get on the mic when any rapper rap.
You ain’t into flossin’?
Nah, I ain’t with that bullshit.
Do you travel around and get love?
Yeah I travel the South, I done toured with everybody - all the big names. I just ain’t gettin’ my card man. I been puttin’ it down and these muthafuckers act like I don’t exist and they know me. I’m just sayin’ they don’t mention me, they don’t holla at me and when I see ‘em they like ‘what’s up Blank?’ I don’t speak to these muthafuckers, they holla at me. Then they don’t holla at me on they records and shit so where the love at?
Are you still rollin’ with the Wreckless Klan?
That’s my group man, for life. PSK is my nigga, I brought him in the game bottom line.
So everything’s gravy right now?
I got four children. A son and two daughters. I got one on the way right now, my girl she nine months she was due on the 13th.
So she’s due any day now?
Yeah, she’s sittin’ right in front of me now, belly bigger than Humpty Dumpty. That’s my fourth child.
Do you know if it’s a boy or a girl yet?
Girl. Three girls, one boy - he the bull.
How old is your oldest child?
Nine. That’s my son, he on the album cover. That’s my daddy on top of the paper and that’s my momma like holdin’ her cheeks. All my family, my uncle, they all involved. If it wasn’t for my parents and my family and my friends, I wouldn’t be nothin’. Jesus first though.
It sounds like you’re on the right path now.
I ain’t got time for no play man, I don’t work for free. I’m goin’ back to the Houston rap scene, you got all these labels, they wanna do compilations and they come to a muthafucker and want you to give ‘em a song free. They don’t wanna give you no muthafuckin’ money, they don’t wanna give you no muthafuckin’ points. These muthafuckers talkin’ ‘bout promotion - they wanna make all the money man. I ain’t greedy, I want my whole click to role. I like to role by myself, they got to have their own cars anyway. You can see me come through, big Expedition, drop-top, Testerossa. I want my nigga ridin’ Expedition, I want my nigga ridin’ drop-tops ya know what I’m sayin’? I travel with a wardrobe. Niggas ain’t got no clothes I let these niggas wear my muthafuckin’ clothes and shit ya know what I’m sayin’? I don’t like these niggas lookin’ like no scrubs when I’m lookin’ fly.
Respect for that.
I wanna send a lot of shouts. I don’t wanna forget nobody. Eightball & MJG, they my partners man. I love the M-Town nigga, my daddy was born and raised in the M-Town. Little do they know I was locked up in the M-Town ya know what I’m sayin’? All my nephews and family in the M-Town. I love MJG, Eightball, UGK, Scarface my nigga, Ganksta NIP, SPC, Wreckless Klan, Screwed-Up Click, South Park Mexican, everybody who anybody, I love ‘em man, they my niggas. Ask any of them cats about me and you gonna hear the same thing. Southwest Wholesale, Robert Gilliman, that’s who brought me back from the grave. He put some money in my hand, all bullshit to the side. Anybody I missed, it ain’t no offence ‘coz I can’t think of all y’all muthafucker’s names, ya know what I’m sayin’? And I hate sayin’ a muthafucker’s name I have to whip ass in the future. That’s the only reason I really don’t send no bunch of shouts, there’s a lot of fake-ass niggas out here and I send ‘em a muthafuckin’ shout and be whippin’ they ass the next song. But I’m just sendin’ everybody love ‘coz I been reading The Bible and you can’t have no anger, you gotta forgive everybody so I ain’t got no beef with nobody. I forgive everybody. I keep it real. I’m in the street broke I’m in the street paid. I’m in the street slab I’m in the street hoodoo. I ain’t got to wear a mask man. I’m there broke or paid, that’s one thing about me. I’M THERE BROKE OR PAID. I go to the hood, do what the fuck I wanna do. I’m through with the street man. I got love for my street niggas but it ain’t the place to be. So that’s why I’m just gettin’ my house together, I got my friends over here now hookin’ up these big screens. Big screens in every room. The girls in they room just chillin’ man, makin’ my house the way I want it to be ‘coz we livin’ in Revelations. Right now. And it’s finna get worse man.
But you’re takin’ care of your kids.
Yeah, that’s what it’s about man. Take care of your family man. Family and friends, cut all this muthafuckin’ high-cappin’ out. You showin’ all this shit and you gonna get took know what I’m sayin’? They gonna take that shit. Man, don’t come around me with all that bling bling’n. I’ll leave yo’ ass dingle ling’n know what I’m sayin’! I was on a path of destruction, I ain’t gonna lie to you. But I saw the light man. I got so much to say you better end this shit! These other muthafuckers sound like dummies man, listenin’ to ‘em in interviews on the radio, they ain’t got shit to say. High-cappin, talkin’ ‘bout all the shit they got. That’s all they do man. Don’t nobody wanna hear that shit. I’m the hardest thing gonna come out the South.

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
DOWN SOUTH ARTIST INTERVIEWS RIGHT HERE

WE(as in all members of this forum) ARE GOING START POSTING UP INTERVIEWS, ARTICLES, ALL READING MATERIAL FROM THE ARTIST AND ABOUT THE ARTIST IN THIS THREAD...

FUCC A RUMOR
FUCC A MYTH
FUCC HE SAID, SHE SAID BS

YOU AND I ARE ENTITLED TO THE REAL DEAL AND NOTHING LESS...

IF YOU HAVE OLD/NEW INTERTIVEWS, ARTICLES PLZ CONTIBUTE AND GIVE PROPER CREDIT TO THE SOURCE...

BY THE WAY, IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO R-E-A-D, THEN YOU MAY HAVE A PROBLEM IN THIS THREAD.

OH YEA, POST ARTIST PICTURES AS WELL-FUCC IT

IM D-Locc AND THIS IS VITAL BITCH!

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
LIL KEKE
from awready.com
no date available

Keke "The Texas Icon Speaks"
Awready: What it Dew?

Keke: I’m good back on this music mayne!

AW: Aiight, give us a lil’ background on Keke and how u got down with Screw?

Keke: First it was a guy by the name of Tyrone that really introduced me to the Screw tapes, but another guy by the name of Steve (Screw’s Barber) was the first guy I actually knew personally on a screw tape. What I mean by that is we used to freestyle a lot, me and my partners, but Steve was the first person to come back rapping, talking, on a screw tape. So when I heard that, I was saying to myself, “if I can just get over to Screw house and get on a tape then I’m good.” I mean at that time, I had heard about Fat Pat cause that was the thing, Fat Pat and DJ Screw, that’s what everybody knew. So Steve was the first totake me over to Screw house to get on a tape. From that point I went back to do my own tape, me and Duke, sh*t, I mean we caught the metro cause we was just like 13 or 14 at the time. So that’s when I made my big splash on the Screw Tape, I mean we had like four or five hoods talking about that tape!

AW: So who are the original SUC members?

Keke: You know this is a question that really causes a lot of drama, but I’m gonna give you the truth (Hawk a cosign this). Screw house was a hood thing meaning you went by hood. Botany went, Northdale went, Dead End went, Hershalwood went, 3 rd Ward went, so you went with ya hood. Thing was I was cold, so each one of those hoods used to come and get me to get on their tapes. So this started kinda heating up, with that I mean people started to request Fat Pat and Keke freestyle tapes cause we stood out. Now the whole thing with the SUC at beginning wasn’t gonna be all of us as a whole, but just me, Pat, and DJ Screw. DJ Screw the DJ, and me & Fat Pat the rappers, this not to say the others wasn’t with the click, it was just that the original idea was DJ Screw/Fat Pat/ Keke. At this time Botany was there, Hawk, Pokey, K-K, Moe, Lil’ O, people like that we’re the original members of SUC.

AW: So who are the extended members of the SUC?

Keke: Okay, when I say extended members this doesn’t mean, “Oh Screw didn’t have love for you or you’re not official”. It’s just that Screw had another studio in Mo City, and a lot of the members that came around I didn’t know at the time. You see I was a member when Screw was making the grey tapes, not the clear tapes. I used to make jokes about if you wasn’t on the grey tapes then I didn’t know you, lol! So yea man it’s people in the SUC that I didn’t know from the original grey tapes, but I still support them. If Screw loved them, I loved them. It’s just people out there that will stamp that on there just to get that extra sell. So again the original people that was there from day 1 was Botany, Hawk, Mike D, Grace, Pokey, Moe, Lil O, Fat Pat, Keke. Those were the originals, so people like Flip, Zro, and all them, I consider them affiliates cause they we’re to young to be around at the original time we was coming thru.

AW: Do you feel like a lot of thing would be different if Pat & Screw was still here?

Keke: Man, Pat was my motivation, we were the ultimate rivals in rapping, but we defended the south together. I did his last Freestyle with with him on his birthday, I mean he special to me. As for Screw, man it’s simple. No Screw, No Keke, I owe it all to Screw man and I’m gonna hold it up for him! That Platinum Plaque I’m going hold it up for Screw!

AW: When Southside dropped, that was it, to many H-Town had it’s stamp. Do you get offended that now the people are starting to notice H-Town thru the new talent? Mayne this how I look at it, in ‘96 the world wasn’t ready for that. If Southside dropped today in 05 it’s platinum, double platinum! You see I’ve lived like a Platinum rapper for the last 6 or 7 years, so that ain’t the thing. It’s just that now that the world is ready to give the respect to H-Tine and the whole style we come from, boyz are running with it. Boyz is running with my style, the Keke style. This is the style radio’s was saying they wasn’t ready for, sh*t, I’ve said everything that rhymes with candy, everything that rhymes with red, everything that rhymes with screw. I’ve swanged and swung, I’ve said “what it dew”, I’ve said awready, chopped, talking bout! This our slang, me and Pat’s, so really I ain’t mad that you (the new TX rappers) saying it, I’m mad that you platinum and saying that you made it or that it started with you. That’s why I’m back and ready to let them know where it started and who started it. Right now I feel like I’m in the top 3 lyricist in the city hands down. First it’s Scarface cause I respect Face, but after that I’m ready to put it up against anybody. They all scared, they all talking about they the King of this and all that. They don’t want to see Keke & Hawk all over MTV or on 106 and Park. They not hating, they just don’t want to see it cause I’m gonna tell them who the real Kings are, the real freestyle kings! No beef, cause I ain’t with all that, I fu*ks with ’em all. Slim, Mike Jones, and all them boyz. I just gotta let them know who the real foundation is!!

AW: What’s your thoughts on Watts and what he’s doing for screw music bringing it to the mainstream?

Keke: I’ll put to you like this Screw wouldn’t of blessed it early, but I know he in heaven blessing it now. I mean just give him his respect for it, that’s all that counts. You can’t knock Watts, he in a new age and a new time! He’s doing cd’s, Screw didn’t get a chance to make, so he’s keeping it going. A lot of people don’t think Watts respect Screw, but I think he do, I think he got a lot of respect for Screw and what he created. So man Watts do ya thang mayne, you can’t knock Watts!

AW: Aiight enough on the history of Keke, what do we got coming for present day Keke?

Keke: Okay this is what a lot people don’t know. I took over my own budget when I was 23 years old with Koch, $200,000 budget, and I wasn’t ready. People got to understand I came from a situation where we didn’t have a lot of money, so when I was younger at 20 to 23 years old I would get $150,000 to $300,000 and blow it just cause I wasn’t use to that much money. Now I’m just now getting back to where I have my career in my own hands, man I went through a whole humbling experience. So now I’m back on the undergrounds and I’m ready cause I’m hungry again. I mean I’ve been living comfortable you know I got the house, the car, man I got kids. So all that I had to sit back and put things in perspective, and get that hunger back to rap. Man right now I got a good situation where I’m getting $10 a cd and we’re moving 10,000 undergrounds off top. So boys are in so much trouble right now, you know what I’m saying, cause we about to really put it to them, so I’m just trying to get that buzz back pop’in. The SUC deserve it man, so we back and I want everybody to know that we about to start showing who started that Tipp’in on 44’s and ish like that. So be looking for that CMG (that’s my group), Commision Music and Icon (Independent cash organized network) those are the labels. It’s about rank now, so be looking out for all the Keke releases and the SUC releases coming this summer

AW: So is it anything else you want to let the people know about?

Keke: Well just that the Don is Back, and to look out for the SUC man we about to take it back to where it all started.

Awready!!!!