Poetry n Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i wrote poetry when i didnt know how to form raps right.
more like spoken word...i dont do shit like that anymore though

i find more power in being straight up with what i have to say than beating around the bush for the sake of art

technically the poems could be said as raps because they rhymed, but it would be like underground rap...and im not really on that tip anymore..that was when i was like...18, 19.

i used to be a big word using metaphor slinigng underground rapper and i moved on to being more like...run or dmc. im simple as hell now.

it wasannoying to hear jayz's new single cuz i BEEEN doing that shit. ah well

May 26, 2007
Yeah I write poetry and rap lyrics...

I haven't written poetry for 2 years now.. lost all inspiration...
I still write rap lyrics once in a while... nice poem

no more fighting you guys lol
im starting to think maybe i should give siccness a break,,am getting tired of coming back to a thread i post on creative expression or what not n someone always has some bullshit to add that has nothing to do with this shit but just trying to start some bullshit argument for me n them to go back n forth with..it gets old..

May 26, 2007
i wrote poetry when i didnt know how to form raps right.
more like spoken word...i dont do shit like that anymore though

i find more power in being straight up with what i have to say than beating around the bush for the sake of art

technically the poems could be said as raps because they rhymed, but it would be like underground rap...and im not really on that tip anymore..that was when i was like...18, 19.

i used to be a big word using metaphor slinigng underground rapper and i moved on to being more like...run or dmc. im simple as hell now.

it wasannoying to hear jayz's new single cuz i BEEEN doing that shit. ah well
sometimes being simple is better..god i cant tell you how annoying it is at times to not understand what the hell some of these new rappers are trying to say with their lyrics..i laugh because you catch yourself noticing a cool beat n lame flow..? i used to write a lot of poetry too but now my direction of writing has turned towards short novels for kids..i am working on a book currently.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
nah, its not finished, maybe less than half finished. the target audience is horror readers obviously..theres no demographic or class im targeting

its not wrote with the intent to market in any way

im just trying to write something that will evoke certain emotion

whoever wants to read it can

May 15, 2002
well thanks for your spelling of the word n as i say on many of my early threads i write fast n am not going to go back to correct or spell check shit on this site..but thanks anyhow..
No need to get sassy. I was just pointing out the irony of spelling naive wrong while denying your own naivety.:cheeky:

Dec 25, 2003
when niggas test me i bust out the watermelon and get messy
gerpin on that sizzurp look like a lizard
spin the CD changer, Robert Mugabe danger
rollin in a lifted chevy admit to my addiction
balance bars on the daily cause the protein get me crazy
say you a vegetarian im a pescetarian
veterinarian, the homeless seraphim
im twice as nice as Thailand rice
mango tofu with the golden spice
so now they see now you dont like ghetto peekaboo
clean your fork with a sponge if you wanna eat some too
flows is optical, niggas topical
have a go at it man set on impossible

May 26, 2007
like i said i've never been naive..and my spelling here has nothing to do with nothing because i spell however and yes many words i spell will be incorrect, phrases, periods, quotation marks,,but then again i'm just posting things on random here and really don't care so it does'nt bother me to spell incorrectly and if i look on anyone's threads here including your grammer and sentences, spaces, direct or in-direct phrases will never be 100% so really find someone else to mock or tant..not being sassy,,just being real..by the way, your not pointing out anything other people of intelligence as i have already done,,read my early threads...

May 15, 2002
Fucking christ woman! Just take the comment and forget it. You don't need to write me a goddamn essay explaining yourself. Appreciate the irony and move on.

May 26, 2007
Fucking christ woman! Just take the comment and forget it. You don't need to write me a goddamn essay explaining yourself. Appreciate the irony and move on.
seriously, you point out this shit just to be smug n really If you wanted to be cool you would have came across that way already..so you can kiss my freaking ass with your lame smurky comments to me..now im done and did'nt event have to write you a fucking essay..got it..the end..

May 26, 2007
On a different note: I met a guy that was really good in poetry and actually comes out in plays and does public speaking..This guy blew me away because he so easily freestyled his type of poetry into a story format and it made sense from the beginning to the end..It was amazing! I only wish i could be as talented in style as he was with my book..Yes writing your using your own creativity and imagination but this guy had natural talent in the way he stands his character's out and draws in attention towards each..