Philthy Rich's new album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
theres never going to be a completely respectable way to judge street rappers all across the board.

i didnt listen to it, i dont plan on listening to it, and you know why? because A) the timing in which it dropped (he gon try to blow up, this is his chance lol) B) as someone who has kinda followed philthy i know where hes at in his music right now and its not exactly a spot i wanna check his music out... C) real niggas are back in style and that can mean shitty music and real niggas.

i like philthys shit, and i could EASILY really like this album, but personally, i have no interest in checking it out. ill leave that for the wanna be prostitutes with hoop dreams, the rap lovers who have to be first in reviews, and the local cats who show support and love when anyone drops anything.

i just dont follow philthys music to the point where im like watering at the mouth for the next album to drop. i like him as a rapper, but ive never ran to cop his albums. id probably just go listen to like 'funk or die' in full, or another album that IVE HEARD IN CONCLUSIVE ....that its been dope.

all in all thanks for everyones opinions it definitely plays a part in whether ill check it or not, sad to say tho? shit coulda been dope and im not checkin it cuz of this thread. mostly. so maybe ill listen to it personally...and ill see where it goes. and maybe ill post after.

but im not gonna be in a hurry. thanks for sharing ya opinions tho.
i think the single, and the song or two i heard on the album pretty much told me its not like somethin im super checkin for. id probably finally listen to a young dolph album first. then, maybe like 5 of philthy rich's actually dope albums (by overall reviews) before i go into this.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
im checkin it out now. i like philthy and he was going to join the tank at one point guys. why u thinkk he did a video with blaqnmild and alley boy and that track called NERL or some shit. that song with 4rax was also withi blaqnmild on it. who is now the producer for master p. he almost signed with us. that camp was going to join nlf then fat trel and alley just got up and left.... real talk. Anyway i'm going to keep u guys updated on NLF. Thanks for the bay area up dates becauyse i need to know who's rappin goood so i can report to A & R. If anyone wants to be treated good on a label that gives u 50 50 deal with a free place to stay and a free way of living then jon us. If not enjoy being independent cause that's the way to be. Much love to Livewire and the whoe crew! Much love from NLF! My name is TEK

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2014
If I was hella broke not doing shit with my life I would not like this album either.....

Some of y'all hate that man cause he is eating and convince yourselves it's for other reasons. I have yet to hear anybody checking 6 figures talking down. Them "broke ass nigga" adlibs hurtin some of yall feelings....

Like the folks that hate the President have convinced themselves it's for every reason other than the fact he is Black.

The album had its good and not so good moments. But I swear some of yall get bitter at the success of others. It should motivate you, but hell we weren't all raised the same.
Money don't make the man. All those chains and cars and shit don't make you. And Philthy got some of his shit snatched in the interview, around 8:50:

Exclusive: Philthy Rich Discusses #RNBI$, Robbery Rumors, Detroit Rappers, Mozzy’s Success & More

Philthy had hunger back with Tripping 4 Life and Funk or Die. Now he rapping about his 2.5K jacket and endless foreigns, and its old. He fell off in 2012 and its been downhill since.

Sep 3, 2002
Does the siccness need separate forums for music, and the spoils of making music?

Seems like every criticism of a rappers abilities is followed by a retort about how much money they have. Money is not an indicator of quality, nor is it always an indicator of success even.

Do we really need to evaluate a rapper's living conditions in a thread called "SO and SO's NEW ALBUM". Who cares about that man's lifestyle, really?
I think the members come to this site to exchange opinions about the music. right?

Jan 21, 2011
Philthy is still the same. When he was getting locked up he was rapping about that. When he started having hella bitches around he started rapping about that. Now that he is having money he is rapping about that. Not surprising at all. I personally like the album.... But I also was not expecting it to sound like any of his old shit. And I also don't give a fuck about what he's doing outside of rap.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
If I was hella broke not doing shit with my life I would not like this album either.....

Some of y'all hate that man cause he is eating and convince yourselves it's for other reasons. I have yet to hear anybody checking 6 figures talking down. Them "broke ass nigga" adlibs hurtin some of yall feelings....

Like the folks that hate the President have convinced themselves it's for every reason other than the fact he is Black.

The album had its good and not so good moments. But I swear some of yall get bitter at the success of others. It should motivate you, but hell we weren't all raised the same.
Either that, or it's because he's a shitty rapper with horrible lyrics.

But then again who knows maybe I'm just too broke to enjoy his 'music' about rented luxury cars (mines paid off now, so I can't relate)

I'm sure muhfuckers would love for it to be hate driven, but at the end of the day dudes not a lyricist, and his music sucks. I prefer listening to good shit.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
im checkin it out now. i like philthy and he was going to join the tank at one point guys. why u thinkk he did a video with blaqnmild and alley boy and that track called NERL or some shit. that song with 4rax was also withi blaqnmild on it. who is now the producer for master p. he almost signed with us. that camp was going to join nlf then fat trel and alley just got up and left.... real talk. Anyway i'm going to keep u guys updated on NLF. Thanks for the bay area up dates becauyse i need to know who's rappin goood so i can report to A & R. If anyone wants to be treated good on a label that gives u 50 50 deal with a free place to stay and a free way of living then jon us. If not enjoy being independent cause that's the way to be. Much love to Livewire and the whoe crew! Much love from NLF! My name is TEK
You're lightweight obsessed with No Limit 2016 bruh.
Do you mention them in every post?

Oct 27, 2007
You guys are making fun of me about listening to new master p artist but u listen to philthy rich still til this day? that dude fell off in like 2009-2011. he was good during those years but he done. hes like messy marv and silkk the shocker but the only difference between all 3 of those artist. Silkk the shocker knows how to make a come back and so does NLF & master p and ROME & his sister and Fam. I'm so proud of NLF. check this out:
New C

New Rome:
More great C Murder in jail, this guy can rap better then any bay rapper in prison. that's sad....... philthy give it up already...... or call the tank back and join mp. u already called us twice. so call p again.....

C-Murdrer is trying to make more money for his trial so he decided to diss 2 chainz because he saw him on empire beginning because C saw it one day while inside and got mad...... weird?

PS: i hope he apolgyizes to this guy because he's a good person and he's on mtv jamz all day and making good money so u shuld love this dude. what he do wrong to u C? anyway, does anyone know why C murder hates 2 chainz so much? we know why he mad at master p over some bunk shit like klc is mad at him for some gay shit over 2 words. it's stupid and so pathetic but Petey is so stubburn that they will never be friends again. petey is stubburn like me & so is C murder. Silkk & rome got to be the ones to get these two to shake hands or something. Hugs at least. get this man out of jail MP

my favorite mixtape this year!

back cover:

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2015
lol ive listened to that no limit shit, they fuckin garbage. Master P had something alright when he worked with Fat Trel & Alley Boy on that one tape, Louie V Mob shit. This Ace B guy and whoever else he got on his shit are garbage though. Cmon philthy may not be at his best here but hes still dropping better music than any those guys are

Sep 5, 2013
Philthy isn't the best from the bay, but far from the worst. Funny how he clowns Mess for gettin robbed and now he gets robbed. He always gets himself involved or creates shit to try and make himself the center of attention. Lav D would beat the brakes off him, Philthys lucky Lav in a cage right now

_A1_

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2014
Philthy isn't the best from the bay, but far from the worst. Funny how he clowns Mess for gettin robbed and now he gets robbed. He always gets himself involved or creates shit to try and make himself the center of attention. Lav D would beat the brakes off him, Philthys lucky Lav in a cage right now
When Philthy get robbed?

Mar 28, 2010
wack mainstream bullshit
Way too many Oakland rappers aiming for that mainstream notoriety. 90% Of Bay Area artist in the '90s never aimed for mainstream, they made mainstream come to them.

They didn't have much choice. The music coming out of The Bay was so new and unorthodox, mainstream radio wouldn't touch it. Not even our own local stations.

To say we were ahead of our time is an understatement. There's people just now starting to use slang that rappers here put down on wax almost 25 years ago.

So when guys these days start trying to do sh*t that's trendy to get noticed, it's a huge disappointment. Especially when they have so many more resources than the guys who came before them that still managed to make their selves legends.

And dudes have the nerve to try to roast Lil B?. At least he's original. He not trying to have his sh*t sound like whatever is popular right now just be liked outside his region/fan base. He built up his fan base without doing that. He's more of an ode the old school Bay Area independent hustle than most of these guys out right now.

Last edited: