Pacific Rim

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
I watched it yesterday. It started off strong and felt the story was going to build, but it laid flat all the way through. The main character's story was not strong and the supporting actress didn't make the any film better. It just added more of a flat line to the film IMHO. Yes, the supporting actress did slightly build the storyline, but it just never really capitalized.

It was like Cloverfield meets Transformers / Iron Man some wannabe Starship Troopers and a splash of Blade Runner (some scenes reminded me of that). Without a whole lot of exciting action. When the fighting scenes (with the monsters) really came into play it was like okay, finally let's see some action here, but still failed to build IMO. It was pretty much dead in the water (no pun intended) as I laid back in the theater seat. Never once sitting at the edge of the seat or reaching a rush of excitement in cheering for the good guys.

And Clifton Collins Jr's role in the film was good, but the way he was groomed was distracting. I couldn't help to think throughout the film that he looked like Wolverine & Rob Snyder's long lost love child who stole Larry King's wardrobe.

Over all: It wasn't a bad film. It would just make a good rental on a boring Friday night or a much better bootleg that you got for free.

This Rim should of been thrown into the Pacific ocean :mad:

Last edited:
May 16, 2002
stop hatin gemeni
Not hatin', Breh. Maybe I'm missing something though. It's getting great reviews, but I still beg to differ.

Star Trek Into Darkness, Fast & Furious 6 & Man of Steel were great movies IMO. This Pacific Rim? I honestly wasn't feeling, Breh.

Jan 25, 2009
Star Trek Into Darkness,
that movie was mediocre at best so...

anyway im going to see it tomorrow in IMAX cant wait

edit: just came back from screening this movie rocks, was sceptic a lil bit as was really huped about it but it met my expectations
CGI one of the best so far and the fights between mecha and kaiji are epic
story is typical for all mecha (anime so far) but to really appreciate that movie it need tyo be seen in IMAX or the biggest screen possible, i think if i watch in regular cinema I might not enjoyed it so much

Last edited:
Props: Gemini
May 16, 2002
My neighbor went to go watch this today. I asked him what he thought about it. He said, "It was alright. Okay at best." and agreed that the story line was flat & that it would make a better rental.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2009
My neighbor went to go watch this today. I asked him what he thought about it. He said, "It was alright. Okay at best." and agreed that the story line was flat & that it would make a better rental.
for me that one the reasons this movie is so enjoyable they did not overdone it and kept it simple. this action movie and they keep it that way and to be honest i prefer simpler plot than one with so many holes that it makes it retarded (ep: Star Trek INto Darkness)