P Fuckin Diddy....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2006
www.3kalikingz.com
He gotta a new girl group makin some pop snap shyt and I couldnt get past the first few bars. But I like to give everybody a chance so I listened to it and at the end these bitches talk about "Ghost Ridin Whips" and "I be in my white tee gettin hyphy". I was like this shit is goin hella far lol but this is an indication of where hyphy is goin... POP! All music is soundin too much niggaz talkin bout gettin hyphy while getting crunk no wonder all the comparisons.

Here the garbage ass track http://www.myspace.com/danitykane

Mar 13, 2005
I feel u.. but u cant stop people from saying hyphy or ghost ridin whips..
if it doesnt spread and people dont get on it then it will stay in the bay 4eva.. aslong as they know where it came from i dont see anything wrong with it..

Feb 23, 2006
www.3kalikingz.com
I'm not gettin mad that they are sayin hyphy if that was the case I would be mad at everybody. really what I'm sayin is this shyt went Pop hella faster than crunk. People were not so quick to get crunk it took a long ass time. Hyphy music only has like 3 mainstream songs and its spread hella fast. Don't get it twisted I want it to get out there but P Diddy's group? BLAH!

Mar 21, 2005
He speaks on NY's sista to hyphy and crunk here...
A chorus that goes, "Chicken Noodle Soup, with a soda on the side," might sound like straight gibberish to you, but DJ Webstar and Young B's "Chicken Noodle Soup" has the kids in uptown New York dancing harder than when the Harlem Shake was en vogue. The two new dances? The Chicken Noodle Soup and the Toe Wop.

Meanwhile, Diddy is giving his own ode to the dance craze that's sweeping Harlem with "Get Off." Puff said "getting off" simply means to dance uninhibitedly.

"I was inspired by the hyphy movement and the crunk movement," Diddy said. "I was like, 'Yo, New York has a movement that's been going on here for a long time that maybe people don't know.' It's like the sista of that. Like how crunk is the brother to hyphy, we got a movement. ... When kids hear something, they gotta release and get off and do their thing. This right here is that next-level, high-octane, that uncut, raw [version] of that. So what you seeing, that Chicken Noodle Soup, you seeing all that. This is something that's been going on in Harlem for a long time. This is the uptempo version of that. Get your sweat on, get off." ...

Dec 30, 2003
ohhhh shit... i aint even mad...... Aundrea is so dam fine....... now she gettin hyphy..... its all good that just made her my favorite beezy of all time

Mar 8, 2006
Its unfortunate that this shit always happens from a standpoint that NY, ATL, etc. take our style, words & lifestyle and blow up wit it while the Bay always stays a step or two away from really takin' it there, but it is what it is. I mean its a lotta NY and ATL shit that filters its way into the Bay as well. Its always gonna be like this so we might as well just let it be what its gonna be, feel me? I mean at least we fly enough fo muhfuckas to try and bite us.

Status
Not open for further replies.