OT: Nick... the day is finally here

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 9, 2002
time to go see borat's moviefilm... critics have given it an A- which i find surprising for the type of movie it is... cant wait to see it though :)

Critics Reviews Average Grade: A-

Source Brief Review Grade*

Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Bob Townsend "Cohen never gives a sucker an even break in this rude, riotous mockumentary." more... A-

Chicago Tribune
Michael Phillips "As the man from Kazakhstan likes to say: Great success!" more... A

E! Online
Dezhda Mountz "Cohen has updated the art of racial satire for a new, troubled world, and Borat is its king." more... A

Entertainment Weekly
Owen Gleiberman "...it's no reduction of Borat to say that the whole movie is a kind of slapstick psycho-political Jackass." more... A-

Hollywood Reporter
Kirk Honeycutt "For once it's true: Borat has to be seen to be believed." more... A

New York Times
Manohla Dargis "The brilliance of Borat is that its comedy is as pitiless as its social satire, and as brainy." more... A

ReelViews
James Berardinelli "One of the reasons Borat works is because it doesn't belabor its jokes." more... B

Rolling Stone
Peter Travers "Borat will make you laugh till it hurts, and you'll still beg for more." more... A

Seattle Post-Intelligencer
William Arnold "By the end of its relatively brief 84-minute running time, the experience becomes downright depressing." more... C

Jan 12, 2003
naharfenater said:
i think the movie looks really gay, just some arab guy doing shit for his country, wtf how is that funny?
before you even think about watching this movie, watch some of the brilliance that is "Da Ali G Show". Become familiar with him and then see this. You'll fully understand then

May 12, 2004
techn9nehq said:
Goddamnit what a fucking movie. A little short, but alas, fucking genius. The man on man hotel scene was waaaaaaay too funny. I'm cracking up just writing about it.
That shit was flawless, I was damn near traumatized at that part!

Sep 26, 2002
Jimmi_Bones said:
Saw it last night...have to say Ive never seen the Ali G show...so the 1st part of the movie I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever seen....until the driving teacher scene...hahah
the Ali G show goes back to like 1999

i was still in highschool back then