OK, who was shootin up Northgate tonight???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
AK-47 recovered after North Seattle shooting

06:28 PM PDT on Saturday, August 29, 2009

KING5.com

SEATTLE - A King County judge on Saturday ruled there was enough evidence to hold a man police say was involved in firing shots near North Seattle Community College Friday night.

The man did not appear in court and we are not naming because he has not been charged yet.

Two young men were booked into King County Jail early Saturday in connection with the shooting. One man was booked for obstruction while the other was booked for violating the uniform firearms act and reckless endangerment.

Both men are expected to appear before a judge on Monday for a bail hearing.

The overnight shooting spree - near the campus of North Seattle Community College - touched off a major police response. I-5 was shut down for hours, creating a traffic mess.

Police first responded to a call of shots fired in the 100 block of N. 90th Street at rough 9:30 p.m. Shots were later heard north of that location near I-5, and again near the SE corner of North Seattle Community College that borders the southbound lanes of I-5, police said.

One KING viewer said he heard what sounded like "fireworks."

"A witness reported hearing five to six shots, rapid shots, being fired," Seattle Police spokesperson Renee Witt said.

"There were three shots, and after that there was probably at least nine to 12 shots," witness Jim Fullenwider said.

Officers say as they converged on the area, numerous rifle shots were then fired within 50 feet of their position.

Police say the suspect was using tracer ammunition, and several red tracer rounds were seen fired in the air from the wooded area. As the officers took cover, the suspect fired approximately 12-15 more rounds in rapid fire mode.

Officers contained the area of the North Seattle Community College campus and called for SWAT and Guardian One. Because shots were fired so close to I-5, the decision was made to shut down the freeway.

The suspects split up, with one crossing both lanes of I-5 before being taken into custody without incident.

"He ran across I-5 from the area here, up near the North Seattle Community College and apparently ran back across the freeway," Witt said.

That suspect told officers that the second suspect had been armed with an AK-47 before they split up, according to police. The second suspect managed to elude officers for another two hours before he was caught.

Both suspects are males in their late teens or early 20s.

An area around the college was contained by police last night. Both directions of Interstate 5 and several side streets near the college were shut down. Traffic was backed up all the way to downtown Seattle.

State Patrol Trooper Dan McDonald said I-5 readerboards were advising drivers to detour around the area.

There are no reports of injuries or property damage. K-9 officers searched for evidence and located an AK-47 rifle and ammo.

The freeway was reopened just after midnight.

Police say this morning it's still a mystery what the shooters were up to.

"We don't know exactly what they were shooting at," Witt said.

"It's scary to have something like that happen in your area, but it's really good how fast the police responded to it," Fullenwider said.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_082909WAB-northgate-shooting-KS.12a85c79b.html

Aug 9, 2005
Steve was shooting another video.
nigga im sick of the exagerated fuck the north and fuck your corny conclusion.

fake territory

bammer street history = stfu

nigga on everythin ....No0rth of S.E.A aint shiiiit

fuck arrora niggas ok some hoovers movin to northgate????? still no history fuq an incident or 10 it goes down in my hood on the regular beacon hiill ss kick rocks u square ass busters

May 9, 2002
nigga im sick of the exagerated fuck the north and fuck your corny conclusion.

fake territory

bammer street history = stfu

nigga on everythin ....No0rth of S.E.A aint shiiiit

fuck arrora niggas ok some hoovers movin to northgate????? still no history fuq an incident or 10 it goes down in my hood on the regular beacon hiill ss kick rocks u square ass busters
Uhhhh....wow, dude. Fuckin relax. It REALLY aint THAT serious.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Uhhhh....wow, dude. Fuckin relax. It REALLY aint THAT serious.
no shit. dude's havin a fuckin seizure over there cause the news doesn't come to the hood, to talk about hood shootings.

they report NEWS....breaking NEWS...not daily occurances. and i mean that in all seriousness. the news doesn't give two FUCKS about some shit that happens every single day. so, a gang memeber shot another gang member. THAT'S NOT FUCKING NEWS. That's people being fucking stupid. And the general public doesn't give a fuck about that shit. And trust me, the news caters to their audience, A LOT.

And I missed this bullshit by 10 fucking minutes. I was driving back from Spanaway where I got my kiefbox, and I was passin 85th and all that shit, at about 9:20PM....so I was lucky to have missed this bullshit.