Official Xbox 360 Coffin Support Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 6, 2009
Are you sure about that? Because I heard the warranty doesn't renew.
maybe your right, i found this online

From date of purchase:

-One year Warranty for almost all issues (I say almost all issues because hitting it with a hammer, throwing it into a pool, etc... or any other act of negligence is not covered obviously)
-ONE TIME non-extendable Three Year warranty that only covers Three Red Lights issues and E74 issues.

So really, you only get two years for 3RL and E74 since the first year would've covered everything anyway.

Warranty After a Repair:

If the repair is a free repair: You get a 90-day warranty from the moment you get it back from the repair center. This warranty will cover all issues , similar to the original one year warranty, even if this one had already expired and you sent it in for 3RL or E74 for free because of the Three Year Warranty.

If the repair is a PAID repair: You get a 1 year cover-all warranty from the moment you get it back from the repair center.

The Three year-3RL and E74 warranty NEVER-EVER gets extended or renewed, no matter how many times you send it in.
but its crazy, i've had my xbox for over 3 years and if i request a E74 or RROD repair it says it cost $0.00

May 6, 2009
maybe your right, i found this online

but its crazy, i've had my xbox for over 3 years and if i request a E74 or RROD repair it says it cost $0.00
That's jsut what I heard online as well so I hope you're right lol. My 3 years is almost up, luckily I haven't had any problems.

Nov 14, 2002
I got a piece of paper with my refurbed piece of shit that said the warranty relapses after they replace your unit... I'm pretty sure.

But that was even before they extended the warranty, so who knows. At this point, if you red ring, then they should send you another xbox regardless of warranty. I would bet that if you gave them a hard enough time and mentioned their failure rates and the fact that they have certain ring/flash combos for certain failures, they'd get tired of hearing you and just send you a coffin.

There's no good reason to ask them to fix something for you, that was never your fault in the first place, and they charge you 100 dollars. That's extortion to me.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
They replaced mine after 3 years for free, and it was beyond 90 days or whatever from my last one. On the website it will calculate your costs and RROD I believe automatically gives you zero costs.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^its not 3 years, its definitely less than that...i got mine Xmas 2007 (so almost 2008) and the warranty had expired by the time i got the red ring in Sept. 2009, not even 2 years later.

Jul 9, 2007
Its 3 years they extended it cuzz of the 3 RROD. Just register it online and check the 3 RROD on the site and it will say free even with no reciet an they will fix it if its under 3 years old. I know alot of people who buy em off CL for cheap just to send em back to MS an they get a fixed one back. Takes like 4 to 6 weeks but they come back fixed every time.

You do have to send it to MS not just try an return it thats where people get confused its 3 years MS warrenty not the store you got it from. Call MS(I dont know the 1-800 #) or go online and register it then you can send it to them and they fix or replace it.

Jul 9, 2007
Then you just say it RROD. From everyone I know they say MS don't even check. Or you just say its goes from red ring to sometimes freezing. As far as I know if you say it red rings at sometime they will fix it.