**Official** "The Avengers" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
too bad fox owns x-men and rights for scarlet witch, or they can use scarlet witch in avengers, but she can't be mutant
The rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are shared by both FOX and Disney, leaving them in an interesting position of being used in both X-Men and Avengers. Likely, they won't be mentioned as being in either team in either movie, so if they're used in both, they could be Magneto's children in X-Men and S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives in Avengers, but leaving the audience to bridge that gap on their own. That dual ownership would have to be used cautiously because of likeness rights in two different areas of the Marvel Universe.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
The rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are shared by both FOX and Disney, leaving them in an interesting position of being used in both X-Men and Avengers. Likely, they won't be mentioned as being in either team in either movie, so if they're used in both, they could be Magneto's children in X-Men and S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives in Avengers, but leaving the audience to bridge that gap on their own. That dual ownership would have to be used cautiously because of likeness rights in two different areas of the Marvel Universe.
I should also add to this that Kevin Feige answered this question recently and kind of hinted at the possibility of these two characters getting screen time in either X-Men or in Avengers-related films.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
They'd have to rewrite the history of Vision seeing as how Hank Pym aka Ant-Man created Ultron, the ultimate supervillain android, who in turn created Vision to kill The Avengers and ended up changing his mind.

If they're going to turn Coulson into Vision, that'll definitely be a three or four movie build up. They'll need a cosmic character with that much power to defeat ______, anyway. They could, however, just skip Ultron and have Pym create Vision from the original Human Torch design(red suited guy in cylinder display at Stark Expo in Captain America).

My guess is they could keep Coulson around by making a "Life Model Decoy" of him. Stark did that fake voice message for Coulson in The Avengers and mentioned himself to be an LMD, so it's possible. It's also not a cop-out by bringing in an android to replace a once human character, as opposed to just saying Coulson didn't die. It's like having him, but not having him.

Also, here's a couple things bugging me about Avengers and the 5 movie arc it took to get there:

1. Why no War Machine? He was better prepared for a battle like that than either Hawkeye or Black Widow.

2. What the hell happened to Tim Blake Nelson's "Samuel Sterns" character and his subsequent turning into The Leader in The Incredible Hulk?

3. Also, what happened to Stark talking to Ross about the Initiative at the end of The Incredible Hulk? It's clear that storyline was used, yet two big parts of it have been noticeably absent.

It seems to me, after learning that Whedon picked the ______ cameo at the end of Avengers and basically created the arc for the next set of films, that Feige doesn't have a "clear picture" of what's going on. He says he's mapped out this storyline in his head for years, yet there's quite a few things being left out or decided on the fly.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Took my kids to see this, it was cool. My kids loved it. I haven't been big on most of the Marvel movies that came out and Loki is a hella gay villan to me to run a whole movie like this but it's whatever. I normally can't stand Mark Ruffalo but the Hulk and Iron Man were the best 2 characters in the movie outside of Scarlett Johanssen arreolas breh.

I still think Dark Knight was quite a bit better

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
You're comparing apples and oranges.

Both TDK and The Avengers were created in two completely different film genre's. Their only likeness is that they're comic book properties.